What's your EDC, Go-To, or favorite knife/knives?

Ignoramus

Newly Enlightened
My primary EDC is my Gen 3 Hinderer XM-18. Also in the pic is a TAD/Strider DUK in S110V steel. I try to carry that around whenever I can, but concealed fixed blade carry in CA is illegal. I take it out for hikes and stuff:

1267063715.jpg

1268884109.jpg

1267779768.jpg

Last edited:

Per-Sev

Enlightened
This is my new EDC its a Hinderer Flashpoint neck knife with CPM154 blade steel. I have always liked neck knives and since my pockets were getting to full I decided that a neck knife would work better for me.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

6thtexas

Newly Enlightened
I always have a SAK on me, but of late I've been carrying a Kershaw Skyline. I like a lockblade and this is a better EDC than my BM Griptilian.

trav54

Newly Enlightened
I have around a dozen or so EDC's that I use, and I just pick whatever I'm feeling that day but these three tend to wind up being carried more than the others. I also usually have a SAK tinker with me.

photo.jpg

Chauncey Gardner

Enlightened
This is my new EDC its a Hinderer Flashpoint neck knife with CPM154 blade steel. I have always liked neck knives and since my pockets were getting to full I decided that a neck knife would work better for me.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Persev, you mind if I ask where you got that?

Like the blade & was not sure I wanted to spring for the folder.

Very nice.

Chauncey Gardner

Enlightened
Lately it's been an Arno Bernard (South African maker) mini hunter.

Rest of the time it's usually a Benchmade 440 Opportunist, a Kershaw Onion Splinter or a Benchmade Shoki. Shoki is hiding in a box to a friend.

p1010717c.jpg

The Mini AA is connected to the sheath of the Bernard, like the A3 to the Opportunist.

All the knives are amazingly light, sturdy & precise feeling.

Sorry for the overexposure, the grips on the Bernard throw things off a bit for this quickie pic.

RSW

Newly Enlightened
I always carry an Officer's SAK with Plus handles. I also usually carry a Benchmade 705. I will sometimes switch that out with a Kershaw Blur, a Boker Subcom or a CRKT Ichi. I love the Blur but it's usually too much knife for a suit. The Subcom has been getting a lot of attention lately, but the Benchmade is my go to knife.:popcorn:

jcw122

Enlightened
Spyderco Persistence here :twothumbs

Hoping to pick up one of the flat ground Enduras eventually.

bnemmie

Enlightened
This is a stock photo, because after three years mine does not look anywhere near this nice anymore. Plus i have just the plain edge. But my EDC is this Benchmade 2550 Mini-Reflex. Love it. The best auto-opener i have ever owned.

bm2550s.jpg

Per-Sev

Enlightened
Persev, you mind if I ask where you got that?

Like the blade & was not sure I wanted to spring for the folder.

Very nice.
I got it at www.robertsoncustomcutlery.com I think he still has some in stock. I like it a lot but remember the knife gives up a bit of handle length but for me it still feels good and has a .150 thick blade and is 2 7/8'' long and is very strong and still has good edge geometry. I love carrying this way it frees up my pockets for my light and extra batteries so it works out good for me. Thanks

Chauncey Gardner

Enlightened
I got it at www.robertsoncustomcutlery.com I think he still has some in stock. I like it a lot but remember the knife gives up a bit of handle length but for me it still feels good and has a .150 thick blade and is 2 7/8'' long and is very strong and still has good edge geometry. I love carrying this way it frees up my pockets for my light and extra batteries so it works out good for me. Thanks

Thanks, looks well proportioned & I like having the pockets freed up also.

Be pretty easy to put some fancy scales on it too....:whistle:

NoFair

Flashlight Enthusiast
I edc a Spyderco Sage with either carbon fiber or titanium scales while at work and a Spyderco Military when I don't have to be PC:D

Sage II (titanium):
IMG_6824.jpg

Military (CPM-D2 steel with G10 scales)
IMG_6819.jpg

Other Millies and a Tenacious (which my father now owns;))
IMG_5056.jpg

rauburg

Newly Enlightened
Long time lurker and I need to make a couple of posts so that I can view the good deals.

I carry a Spyderco Native every day. It is easy to keep sharp and I really like the spear point, it is good for digging out splinters. I just wish that the blade was a half inch longer.

Randy

rauburg

Newly Enlightened
Second post here, I hope this gets me back into the Good Deals.

In addition to the Spyderco Native I carry a single layer SAK. I use it for cutting tape, for the tooth pick, and tweezers.

Randy

Lit Up

Flashlight Enthusiast
However, I find myself coming back again and again to this - a lowly alox Victorinox Cadet. Thin in the pocket, light weight, good medium size, sheeple friendly, useful assortment of tools I actually use, and a decent blade. It's awfully hard to beat in an EDC, particularly since I don't carry a multitool daily.

:thumbsup:

Been packing one on my keychain for the better part of 5 years now.

Jbrew

Newly Enlightened
Currently carry a Benchmade Griptilian and a mini Buck folder for mundane tasks. Use the Buck 100x more than the Griptilian

sappyg

Enlightened
i have at one time or another carried all of these (and a few more not pictured)

knives001.jpg

of course you can't beat a SAK for general utility and i am never w/o at least one on me

knives004.jpg

my most carried and used SAKs

knives006.jpg

lately i've been warming up to the spyderco D4. i did not care much for it at first but now it's been on me for 2 months. this is in addition to a SAK or two

knives007.jpg

knives008.jpg