Whats your next V54 Light going to be??

SG Hall

Flashlight Enthusiast
Should i buy mecarmy pt18vn for $100 or stock pt18 for $72.90. ( new re-designed UI). Whats you think i should buy? Thanks

I have a PT16vn and Pt18vn. I don't have the stock lights, but the jump from 900 to 1250 lumens ( Vinh measured ) would be worth the extra money for me. Mine both came with the better UI ( hold for low, double click for turbo, triple for disco) unless they have improved it again. :)

Boots45acp

Newly Enlightened
Damn...
Couldn't resist any longer.
Ordered:
Noctigon M34vn GoldieLocks
Jetbeam V6vn Spec 1
The great reviews here pushed me over the edge.....
Don't tell my wife!! ;)

torchsarecool

Enlightened
Damn...
Couldn't resist any longer.
Ordered:
Noctigon M34vn GoldieLocks
Jetbeam V6vn Spec 1
The great reviews here pushed me over the edge.....
Don't tell my wife!! ;)

:wave: It'll be well worth it. The m43 is a huge temptation for me to as I've so far not had a mega flooder. Looks like an amazing little piece of kit

outofthedarkness

Enlightened
:wave: It'll be well worth it. The m43 is a huge temptation for me to as I've so far not had a mega flooder. Looks like an amazing little piece of kit

Better than the TN36UTvn though?

I think its definately better looking, whats the white version of this light? I seen black ones but seen a white or silver one?

ven

Flashaholic

Yes, but if your using flat top cells(dont have any button tops), just trim the plastic physical polarity protection(say that fast 10 times:nana:) off with snips(plastic disc around the +).
The sportac nichia triple is nice newlumen, i have the 2 mode(160/680 ish) as even 680 OTF lumens gets warm fairly quick!and the 160lm is a decent bit of hi cri flood for close up stuff.

ven

Flashaholic
It is! Only thing for me is the size, looks a bit too small for my hand(comfort wise). When it comes to 4 cell lights, I see it the way that if it's in my hand it's took up regardless! So I prefer one that is comfortable to hold and enough mass to help with heat. Subjective and personal preferences , but if a compact power house is on the cards , the m43vn is defo worth a look. Just make sure you research the cells(button tops) for the correct length ,as it is a cell fussy light out of the box. Sure it will be better after vinh does his spring mod to help contact, as the original springs seem to suffer from memory and sag a little over time . The goldilocks looks a must for this light, really good throw and lots of flood.....

torchsarecool

Enlightened
Is the goldilocks the silver version with stripped anno?

Goldilocks is just referring to the blend of different leds giving a tint and beam that is "just right" (little red riding hood)
I believe vinh only does black or sand colours now as the white finish doesn't wear very well.
For me the big sell with this light is the compact size and safer parallel cell arrangement. But also because vinh really praises the quality of the build from the factory. And I like little bits of quality kit.

outofthedarkness

Enlightened
Goldilocks is just referring to the blend of different leds giving a tint and beam that is "just right" (little red riding hood)
I believe vinh only does black or sand colours now as the white finish doesn't wear very well.
For me the big sell with this light is the compact size and safer parallel cell arrangement. But also because vinh really praises the quality of the build from the factory. And I like little bits of quality kit.

It sounds an awesome little light
You are right, you can't beat good Quality!

This light is expensive but for an obvious reason
Think this is on the future wish list .............

Hopefully someone can post some beam shots or videos up............

Latest posts