Words to Live By.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I thought my crew drank a quart of stupid last night. Turns out they drank the whole gallon.

- Me after watching my crew do the same thing wrong 3 times. Same way all 3 times.... after I had showed them how to do it correctly the day before.

Johnnyh

Enlightened
I thought my crew drank a quart of stupid last night. Turns out they drank the whole gallon.

- Me after watching my crew do the same thing wrong 3 times. Same way all 3 times.... after I had showed them how to do it correctly the day before.

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." So Byk...they're not stupid...just deranged. [emoji57]

When a guy makes a mistake you know he's human. If he does it a second time you know he's careless. However, when he repeats the behavior a third time you can bet money he's stupid or just doesn't care.

~ Chance

Monocrom

Flashaholic
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." So Byk...they're not stupid...just deranged. [emoji57]

Nope! That actually is the definition of Stupidity. Folks often get it confused with Insanity. Even a deranged lunatic can learn and alter his horrifically brutal methods to be more effective.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Should lays in the boneyard, right between would and could...

Cheers

RBR

One row over, you'll find Common Sense and Basic Human Decency buried side-by-side in shallow graves.

There's no such thing as a bad day of fishing. :D

Some would probably want to de-bait that, and this.-

iCWn4WS.jpg

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I pinch the barbs on my hooks for that reason.

Fishing with kids taught me that one.

If Billy big bass gets away because of it.... he knows I caught him, I know I caught him.

Plus much less stress on the fish when doing the catch and release thing.

Why do people say "sober as a judge"? I've smelled liquor on plenty of judges.....

Last edited:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Some would probably want to de-bait that, and this.-

iCWn4WS.jpg

How did I miss this?? Honestly, I'd rather take a fish hook to the nose than deal with the idiots who come to the front desk on a daily basis and can't follow simple instructions. "Glass elevators, 2nd floor, quick right, straight down." Last week, one moron couldn't get it right after the 3rd time. I told him he could go find it on his own. Told him I was fed up with idiots like him who can't listen. And since he showed up without a tie, which all the guys are told specifically to wear to orientation; when he did find the right suite, the Corrections officer in charge threw him out of the building!

Yeah, did I mention these morons are applying for corrections careers? I swear they have a bigger turn-over rate than the fast food industry considering how many applicants I assist in a day. I'd say about 1 in 30 of them has a working brain.

Even worse.... Sometimes I encounter a guy who has forgotten to wear a tie because he thought it was no big deal. If the guy isn't overtly obnoxious, I usually help him out. "Look, they'll either send you home right away when you get up there and then they'll rip up your application. Or, they'll start orientation, let you sit there with everyone else, and immediately have you stand up, make an example of you to everyone else, then kick you out and rip up your application. Or, they'll let you sit in, act like nothing is wrong, and when orientation is over; they'll rip up your application after you leave. Your best bet is telephone the corrections representative you spoke with previously, say you had a family emergency, and just plead to have them re-schedule you. They will! Then show up with a tie."

Again, last week. Guy close to my age. Not a young cat. Forgot his tie. I let him know the deal. He very politely asks me where the suite is. I ask him if he's planning to go up there anyway despite what I just told him. He very genuinely politely tells me "Yes." I tell him, he goes up. Very polite, very stupid. Why do I bother helping these random strangers who can't follow basic instructions? Co-worker of mine asked me the same thing. He's right. I think i'm going to stop doing that.