Words to Live By.

P_A_S_1

Flashlight Enthusiast
As you slid down the bannister of life may all the splinters be in the right direction....

Don't play leapfrog with a unicorn....

Don't argue with an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience....

I can't means I won't......

Calmoceans

Newly Enlightened
'But I would rather have it bent and dull and know I had to put it on the grindstone again and hammer it into shape and put a whetstone to it, and know that I had something to write about, than to have it bright and shining and nothing to say, or smooth and well-oiled in the closet, but unused. '
E Hemingway

Monocrom

Flashaholic
99.5% of the people you meet in real life during your lifetime, will ultimately not be worth knowing. And that's an optimistic view of the world.

P_A_S_1

Flashlight Enthusiast
In life you'll run into and deal with problem people but if your always running into them everyday then it's probably you who is the problem.....

Anyone that boasts about what a 'stand up' guy they are is often anything but......

In the end it always about money, always......

P_A_S_1

Flashlight Enthusiast
'But I would rather have it bent and dull and know I had to put it on the grindstone again and hammer it into shape and put a whetstone to it, and know that I had something to write about, than to have it bright and shining and nothing to say, or smooth and well-oiled in the closet, but unused. '
E Hemingway

:thumbsup:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Stupid and dangerous.... That's not a good combination.

BTW, I think that article left off a couple of zeroes. An M11 is a SIG Sauer P228. Over $1,000? Maybe if he only stole two M11s.

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's how I put it several years ago: if you have problems with everyone around you, stop blaming everyone...

Monocrom

Flashaholic
It took me 40+ years to learn that . . . .

For 40 years, I've had to adjust my personalty to get along with the vast majority of co-workers. You see them everyday, often work closely with them.... Who wants to gear up for an argument everyday before going to work. Such individuals have included racists, both White and Black varieties, stoners, young punks, hard-core feminists, and ghetto pieces of trash (The last one was even honest about being what she was, yet had no plans to even try to better herself).

No.... Sometimes it is everyone else that's the problem. If you have to constantly show others special consideration instead of the other way around..... Yeah, it's them. Not you.

P_A_S_1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I read this on another forum and thought it was good, it's in regards to work or providing services.

Good, Fast, Cheap.....pick any two.

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
I read this on another forum and thought it was good, it's in regards to work or providing services.

Good, Fast, Cheap.....pick any two.

I often use the "Quality, speed, cost" pick 2 version of this. I believe this is a form of law used in finance.

I remember an article in Discover magazine where the author criticized NASA's new vision of "better, faster, cheaper" as circumventing this basic law and pointed how miserably they failed to understand it by crashing a billion(?) dollar rover on Mars.