Zebralight C3 4x18650, 9000 lumens!

markr6

Flashaholic
Mark is a huge Zebra addict, he probably glances over the Zebralight google spread sheet once a day.

Yes definitely a big fan!! I just signed up for notifications by clicking at the top of the spreadsheet and I get an email when any changes are made.

low

Enlightened
Yes definitely a big fan!! I just signed up for notifications by clicking at the top of the spreadsheet and I get an email when any changes are made.

Good luck with that.
I signed up some time back and I get the info about two weeks after reading it here.

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another 4x18650 pop-can light? Really?

I would have much preferred a compact 2x18650 similar to the Lupine, which still provides tons of power and capacity and keeps things compact and EDC-able but without the weight and bulk of a pop-can.

My next choice for ZL would have been a 1x26650 to make use of the new KeepPower IMR 5200mAh.

Last edited:

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another 4x18650 pop-can light? Really?

I would have much preferred a compact 2x18650 similar to the Lupine, which still provides tons of power and capacity and keeps things compact and EDC-able but without the weight and bulk of a pop-can.
This does seem a little boring after the Noctigon Meteor M43 blew everyone away, Manker MK34 was a very clever adaptation, and now Olight with a 20oz can 3xXHP70 version. Rumor has it a 12000 lumen one is in the works by a couple makers. I'm sure Zebralight will do the right thing when they get down to it, it might be like the Q50 and never appear, or be very different from the current field.

I think it would be very cool if Zebralight did a 2x18650 like the Nightcore E4CSW, as unibody design is the zebra thing and that light is super compact. Zebra could make a monster with that design that would be much more practical.

I wanted Zebralight to make a 26650, but that boat has sailed. Too late; now they need to look at a 20700 flashlight line, i think that cell might kill the 26650 within 2-3 years. If they want something less cutting edge a good 18350 light would be nice, but not enough really good batteries available yet.

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nothing new layout wise with this but I think zebra will bring some top quality to the pop can game.
Hope it looks as nice as the sc6330...
I miss the army greenish ano :)

emarkd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah I don't really expect Zebralight to do anything revolutionary with this light style, but they don't need to. Most mega-lumen soda can lights are really impressive at turn-on, but they drop in output so fast that they might as well not be 9000 lumen lights at all. Big lights need sophisticated regulation, not simple timed stepdowns. Zebra's super efficient drivers and PID regulation automatically puts them in a position to do it much better than most of them, I think.

The only exception may be the Meteor, which is probably still the "best" soda can light on the market. And with the Meteor v2 being teased at 17,000 lumens it may be hard to beat. But Zebra doesn't have to be the brightest to be a compelling and successful product.

GODOFWAR

Banned
28ab6fe27208046eb275950bc035ea1f.png
f0c1c458c1e21a56be15c9eeb3de9064.png
13c9e42dbdd061352ee04488b3a3d709.png

Cunha

Newly Enlightened
So happy this is happening. At normal levels I bet it will get insane run times.

markr6

Flashaholic
Good luck with that.
I signed up some time back and I get the info about two weeks after reading it here.

Luck has nothing to do with it. As long as you're logged in with your google account, you sign up on the spreadsheet and get the notifications by email straight from Google. Has nothing to do with ZL. There's NO delay.

In fact, sometimes I'll get the notification that a change has been made and when I go to the sheet, I see all the "anonymous" viewers at the top and also one person, George Yao, who is the CEO at Zebralight. You can watch changes made in real time!

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast
What I would like to see from Zebralight is a compact 18650 thrower -- like the new Nitecore P30 only better.

low

Enlightened
Luck has nothing to do with it. As long as you're logged in with your google account, you sign up on the spreadsheet and get the notifications by email straight from Google. Has nothing to do with ZL. There's NO delay.

In fact, sometimes I'll get the notification that a change has been made and when I go to the sheet, I see all the "anonymous" viewers at the top and also one person, George Yao, who is the CEO at Zebralight. You can watch changes made in real time!

Well theirs the problem, I have no google account.

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bet the "groundbreaking" that Zebralight is describing in thier chart is the new programmable UI. That's groundbreaking enough for me. :twothumbs

Cunha

Newly Enlightened
Ground breaking from them would be in-stock. Haha. Their run times have set the standard for a while.

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bet the "groundbreaking" that Zebralight is describing in thier chart is the new programmable UI. That's groundbreaking enough for me. :twothumbs
That might be part of it, I really wish they would do more of a 3x18650 like the MK34 or a 2x18650 like the E4CSW. 4x soda cans have not only been done a lot, but also are not that great in the hand compared to the 2x or 3x formats in my opinion.
I think they may have something more. Since it is currently stated to use XHP70 LEDs that does make the X7 it's closest cousin. Others are likely to have similar products soon though. I trust they will use a nice tint though and maybe a relatively high CRI version so that could be very nice also. It will no doubt have many nice features as all Zebralights do, but 'ground-breaking' is maybe thrown around lightly and incorrectly by manufactures, Zebralight is usually not so careless and more honest. So I'm looking forward to what they have planned, but I can't help thinking they are a little late to this party and should be working in the next thing.

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ground breaking from them would be in-stock. Haha. Their run times have set the standard for a while.
:) that's funny, because there is a hint of truth in that. However; you should know if you order something that is out-of-stock and they don't think they will have it for a while they will let you know. Of you can always email them first to get a estimate on delivery. I've found their estimates to be very accurate when I've needed them.

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's interesting that they also are highlighting how compact it is going to be. As they are already KNOWN for that. How small can they make a 4 x 18650 light. Can't imagine it being much smaller than the Meteor.

It does seem that they may be a little late to the party. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Maybe a square design like they were planning a few years back???

Last edited:

holygeez03

Enlightened
Agreed... seems like a 3x18650 light could be made much smaller... but we will see what ZL comes up with...

By "compact" they are probably mostly referring to the length?

Flashlight Junkie

Newly Enlightened
Also: wouldn't it be cool if they made a new light in the 4xAA format, with kind of a rounded-square battery tube?

I almost spit out my hot chocolate when I read that.

I had this visual of you visiting ZL's product sheet and just hitting refresh. LOL.

Yeah, this probably won't be for me unless they do something really awesome. Not a fan of cool white or popcan lights. For safety it would need to have independent power channels, which I believe the S6330 had.
Why can't they do a 26650 light? At any rate, still loving my new SC600Fd Mk III Plus!