Zebralight C3 4x18650, 9000 lumens!

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not a fan of these new high output popcan lights either, because they're not really practical. You get that 10,000 lumen burst, but then it will drop off VERY quickly. What I'd be interested in is a robust 1x26650 thrower. Vinh's U21vn opened my eyes to the practicality that even a high driven 1x26650 thrower can do in regards to perceived light output and lack of heat issues.

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not a fan of these new high output popcan lights either, because they're not really practical. You get that 10,000 lumen burst, but then it will drop off VERY quickly. What I'd be interested in is a robust 1x26650 thrower. Vinh's U21vn opened my eyes to the practicality that even a high driven 1x26650 thrower can do in regards to perceived light output and lack of heat issues.

I agree with you here. The problem is the demand of that super high brightness but still in compact format. This is not compatible neither with an adequate battery supply or heat dissipation, so the soon stepdown is inevitable.

Anyway: I am looking forward to see a picture of this new Zebralight!

markr6

Flashaholic

I agree. But since I felt like I really missed out on the S6330, I may jump on this one just to have it. Not something I would use a lot since my only 3x18650 light gets pretty much zero use as is. I guess it depends on the price. I'm guessing $249? That's tough to justify for a shelf light!

beliving

Newly Enlightened
Production hasn't started yet, right? Can we vote? Add me to the 3x18650! :grin2:

I would prefer to have only one battery type so it's interchangeable with my EDC. To me, a 26650 flashlight would be too close to redundancy compared to my SC63w, where a 3x18650 would be for different usage. When I researched 26650 lights, I kept thinking that my SC63w would perform not necessarily equal, but satisfactorily in comparison. Also, I would prefer to keep a couple 18650's in a carrying case in my pocket instead of carrying an extra 26650 flashlight.

holygeez03

Enlightened
Unless ZL has figured out a way to make a very small diameter 4x18650... a 3x18650 seems much more useful.

I own a 4-cell Sky Ray King and a 3-cell MX25L3 and the MX is a perfect size for a "big light" in my opinion... but ZL tends to know what they're doing and occasionally surprise people.

markr6

Flashaholic
I wish they were doing a 3 instead of the 4x18650. My MX25L3C feels nice in the hand. The small, short 4-18650 lights are annoying IMO. Almost wide as they are long.

But we're not going to change their minds. 4x18650 it is. I'll deal with it :)

beliving

Newly Enlightened
Unless ZL has figured out a way to make a very small diameter 4x18650... a 3x18650 seems much more useful.

I own a 4-cell Sky Ray King and a 3-cell MX25L3 and the MX is a perfect size for a "big light" in my opinion... but ZL tends to know what they're doing and occasionally surprise people.
A surprise could be a high power laser right in the center of the three LEDs... sweet.

treejohnny

Newly Enlightened
Has anybody received an update on this light yet?

I heard it might have built in batteries and USB. Can anyone else confirm this?

markr6

Flashaholic
Has anybody received an update on this light yet?

I heard it might have built in batteries and USB. Can anyone else confirm this?

I really hope it doesn't have any of that fluff. Just a compact, less-things-to-break light for me. I'm sure it will be out of my budget but I'm still looking forward to hearing more.

emarkd

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't seen those rumors. We're did you hear that? It would be a huge departure for Zebralight and frankly, I don't believe it.

kj2

Flashaholic
I hope not. Want to feed it my own batteries. USB charging would be nice but not a must have feature.

treejohnny

Newly Enlightened
It was from the staff at zebralight. I had asked them a few questions, this one of the responses.

The C3 will be less than $200. It will come with four 18650s built-in and a USB charging port. Its overall dimension/volume is roughly two thirds of a typical four cell soda can on the market, with similar beam profiles. Preorder date is not set yet.

markr6

Flashaholic
It was from the staff at zebralight. I had asked them a few questions, this one of the responses.

The C3 will be less than $200. It will come with four 18650s built-in and a USB charging port. Its overall dimension/volume is roughly two thirds of a typical four cell soda can on the market, with similar beam profiles. Preorder date is not set yet.

Thanks for the info!! So I wonder if "built-in" batteries means you can't use your own; like theirs are sealed in or something? I like the under $200 part!

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would be very pleasantly surprised if this very attractive light is not a lot more than usd $200. :)

ToddM

Enlightened

A huge lumen # that steps down in a couple minutes, has zero practical value. Usually you end up with a light that can really only maintain medium mode or lower for any useful time period. Unfortunately the flashlight market is like the digital camera market was 10 years ago, when all consumers looked at was the number of megapixels without understanding that more wasn't always better. Light regulation, while a great addition to flashlights is now being used to simply manipulate marketing specs. The other day I saw a series of new lights, from a well known manufacturer where the high mode runtime was listed as 90% of the medium runtime, but medium was 1/5 of the brightness of high.

As a result we now get expensive, huge lights that have a 3000+ lumen Turbo but only for a couple minutes, then step down to 1000 lumens(high) for the rest of it, and medium mode is 300 lumens or less, so you end up with huge gaps in brightness levels with actual usefulness. I would much rather see 1500 lumens for 30 minute runtime on turbo then a 1000-750 high and 300 lumen medium, 50 lumen low etc.

Thankfully some arenas have not accepted this trend of misleading marketing by gaming the ANSI spec system. I can only imagine how annoyed cyclists, caving, scuba people would be if their bike lights only stayed near the lumen rating for a few minutes before dropping to 30% of that level for the rest of the stated runtime. Seems like what ANSI really needs to do is change the spec for runtime to be 90% of original brightness, not 10% when calculating light runtimes.

markr6

Flashaholic
^ Very well put! I especially like the digital camera comparison...spot on!