Zebralight SC600w II L2 Announced for September

markr6

Flashaholic
As you can see below, except for the H modes, the SC52 and SC600 output levels are similar (most folks couldn't distinguish between them). But the H on the SC600 modes are SO much higher the M an L modes seem a lot lower in comparison. I'm not really complaining. Having one light that can go from .01 to 1100 ANSI lumens is pretty fantastic.

SC52 Light Output
High: H1 280 Lm (0.9 hrs) or H2 172 Lm (1.7 hrs) / 108 Lm (3 hrs) / 4Hz Strobe
Medium: M1 50 Lm (7.5 hrs) or M2 25 Lm (12 hrs) / 12 Lm (27 hrs)
Low: L1 2.7 Lm (4 days) or L2 0.34 Lm (3 weeks) / 0.06 Lm (2 months) / 0.01 Lm (3 months)

SC600 MkII L2 Light Output
High: H1 1100 Lm (PID, approx 2 hr) or H2 670 Lm (PID, approx 2.5 hrs) / 356 Lm (3.9 hrs) / 162 Lm (11 hrs)
Medium: M1 70 Lm (30 hrs) or M2 32 Lm (66 hrs) / 12 Lm (172 hrs)
Low: L1 3.8 Lm (16 days) or L2 0.43 Lm (2.5 months) / 0.06 Lm (4.6 months) / 0.01 Lm (5.5 months)

Looks pretty good to me! I'll probably set H2 at 356 lumens for a nice, well-rounded do-it-all light. I see this one getting a lot of use!

funkychateau

Enlightened
A heads up when ordering from E2 Field Gear, their free shipping is Fedex Smartpost and very S L O W. It starts at an Amazon distribution center - takes 2 days to move, then to Fedex - sits for a day or so, then to USPS for "the last mile" - couple more days. All this starts 40 miles from me and will take a week hopefully. I learned a good lesson here.

update: I did get it one day sooner than expected, the usps leg of the trip just took one day after they got it.

I did not find their free shipping to be slow at all. I ordered an SC600-II last month and received it the same week in Dallas. Shipping was USPS, not FEDEX. I think I ordered on Monday or Tuesday, and received it on Friday.

SYKO

Newly Enlightened
Funny I just bought the D7100 last week!
Therefore I'm now ready to take incredible beamshot... but I need to receive that damn flashlight first!

You and I missed the sale the Saturday after Black Friday. Amazon had a lightning deal for a couple of hours and were selling the body only for $800 new.
There was also the lens sales that knocked off a certain amount depending on lens. The 18-140 that sells for ~$600 would come out to $300.

That means you could pay the regular full price of the body of $1100 and get a $600 lens for free if you look at it like that. Wish I was ready with a card when that deal came. Also came with free 32gb card and case. :shakehead

Dropping money into a piggy bank for the D7100 and hoping I catch it on sale again.:( What lens did you get?

BTW, I still don't have my SC600 L2 that I ordered from Illuminationsupply a month ago.:scowl:

Last edited:

rexet

Newly Enlightened
You and I missed the sale the Saturday after Black Friday. Amazon had a lightning deal for a couple of hours and were selling the body only for $800 new.
There was also the lens sales that knocked off a certain amount depending on lens. The 18-140 that sells for ~$600 would come out to $300.

That means you could pay the regular full price of the body of $1100 and get a $600 lens for free if you look at it like that. Wish I was ready with a card when that deal came. Also came with free 32gb card and case. :shakehead

Dropping money into a piggy bank for the D7100 and hoping I catch it on sale again.:( What lens did you get?

BTW, I still don't have my SC600 L2 that I ordered from Illuminationsupply a month ago.:scowl:
Actualy I was wrong, I bought my D7100 few days before black friday.
I saw this incredible Amazon price... The fact is I live in France, we don't have that kind of deal here, no regret then.
I owned the Nikon 35 f/1.8, Nikon 85 f/1.8 and Nikon 16-85mm which I'm selling to find faster lens.

To come back to the topic, Illumination Supply is supposed to receive the SC600 stock this week so I really hope I will get a shipping notification in the incoming couple of days.

markr6

Flashaholic

TWO months for me. But should ship this Friday!! (everything seems to be Friday with Zebralight for some reason)

rexet

Newly Enlightened
Alleluia!

Thank you for your order from Illumination Supply! We wanted to let you know that your order was shipped via USPS, USPS First Class Package Int'l on 12/11/2013.

SYKO

Newly Enlightened
Alleluia!

We wanted to let you know that your order was shipped via USPS, USPS Priority Mail on 12/11/2013.

Should get it Saturday. I need to avoid this place until lights are actually out.Pre-orders aren't fun to wait for.

36 posts,5 years.

markbUK

Newly Enlightened
Got one via flashahilics in the UK, delivered 2 days ago, itching to have a play, but need to wait for Santa to complete the delivery, well at least I made sure my better half didn't get me a maglight!, .. But back to the point I think I got the last one its out of stock now

rexet

Newly Enlightened
IlluminationSupply is still showing the SC600W II on backorder. Wonder if they're only filling pre-orders right now.
They stated that the stock they received does not cover the entire pre-orders they took. They will fullfill them in chronological order but the most recent ones will have to wait for the next Zebralight shipment :(

creyc

Enlightened
I got my SC600w II today, sheesh that took a little while!

ccXwKZu.jpg

I wish I could say the wait was all worth it, but it's not all peaches and cream with this light. Yes, if you noticed, the tail cap came pre-scratched. (actually in a couple spots) I can live with that, as I'll certainly add my own soon enough but it's disheartening to see out of the box.

But the WORST thing is the side switch on this light, what were they thinking!? There's almost no feedback, the button barely clicks, it's almost like a touch pad. It's nothing like the switch on my H600 (awesome switch!) or like my SC52, or my H51, or H52 or...you get the point. It feels like crap, and you can't even tell if you've pressed the switch or not.

Hopefully I just got a bad one, because the output is phenomenal and the tint is very nice for an XM-L2, and less green than my SC52w. C'mon just use the H600 switch Zebralight! This light would be perfect with it.

jimboutilier

Enlightened
I got my SC600w II today, sheesh that took a little while!

I wish I could say the wait was all worth it, but it's not all peaches and cream with this light. Yes, if you noticed, the tail cap came pre-scratched. (actually in a couple spots) I can live with that, as I'll certainly add my own soon enough but it's disheartening to see out of the box.

But the WORST thing is the side switch on this light, what were they thinking!? There's almost no feedback, the button barely clicks, it's almost like a touch pad. It's nothing like the switch on my H600 (awesome switch!) or like my SC52, or my H51, or H52 or...you get the point. It feels like crap, and you can't even tell if you've pressed the switch or not.

Hopefully I just got a bad one, because the output is phenomenal and the tint is very nice for an XM-L2, and less green than my SC52w. C'mon just use the H600 switch Zebralight! This light would be perfect with it.

The switch on mine is actually better than my SC52s. A very positive tactile and audible click. I do have some mottling on one of the flats on the head I did not notice at first and the anodization doesn't seem particularly durable given the scratches putting the pocket clip and lanyard ring on left - so whoever their US supplier is doesn't do any better job than China did. Nothing like a Surefire that's for sure.

I had had a great tint too. Not too blue and no hint of green. Overall pleased with mine. You might want to call about replacing yours given scratches and the switch.

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't want to jump the gun in regards to long term durability, but the anodizing was not that great on mine either. Compared to my SC600 MK II that I carried for 8 months and got beaten daily at work and looked almost like new, the new anodizing is already showing some wear after only a week. Time will tell how good the new anodizing will hold up, but I'm not keeping my hopes up too high.:confused:

SYKO

Newly Enlightened
Mine was supposedly out for delivery today (Friday) but didn't show,unlike the other mail that did come in. Illumination Supply has it in stock right now,don't see the backorder button on. Well this one at least,the neutral version is on backorder.

Last edited:

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cheesy question: Does the light ship with the lanyard ring already installed? And if so, did they put a scratch on it ?

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast
"Yes, if you noticed, the tail cap came pre-scratched. (actually in a couple spots) ...But the WORST thing is the side switch on this light...It feels like crap, and you can't even tell if you've pressed the switch or not."

Might it be a previously returned unit?