• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

ZrayVN - Pocket Zoomie (Must Have)

Capolini

Banned
So if I didn't get the sand blast version, I would see the ringy artifacts from the glare rings?

The video may help.It also uses different wording that has a different meaning!

In the video Vinh says there are "slight" glare rings with the factory bezel. When it is sand blasted those rings are "Gone and disappear".

Reducing glare rings and "Gone and disappeared" are two different things! Hopefully the video's terminology is the correct one!:)

Edit: I watched the video about 7 more times! From what I can see in the video it looks good.

What I see now looks like s,,,,! While I was editing this my flat screen monitor died!! I am using an OLD DELL monitor from ~15/20 years ago.Talk about a step back in technology!

ANYWAY,,,,GET WELL SOON VINH,,,,,YOU BURN THE CANDLE AT BOTH ENDS AND REALLY SHOULD TAKE ONE DAY A WEEK OFF TO REST AND RELAX.

Last edited:

Gforce

Newly Enlightened
Hi Vinh: Your video review was convincing. I will go for it:

DriverVN

Options:
A) + $15 XML2 U3 PDTc
B) + $5 Sand blasted Bezel (Eliminate glare rings artifacts when zoom in)
C) + $7 Sand blasted tail cap (Aesthetic only)
D) + $3 Glue pocket clip permanently
E) + $3 Dark heat treated pocket clip
F) + $5
"V54" Engraved (Small, Medium (Default), or Large you pick)
G) + $8 International shipping

rickypanecatyl

Enlightened
Re: New Light Released Tonight!

I completely understand your reluctance...the user interface is probably the single most important feature of a light. If it is annoying to use, doesn't matter how good it is otherwise.

As usual, the devil is in the details.

+1

ma tumba

Flashlight Enthusiast

OK, I did my homework on the LEDs and their PDT options.

Vinh, is it at all possible to replace the reverse clicky by a normal one? Momentary function is a great asset for an outdoor light.

Meanwhile, I am taking this version to play with:

$40 single mode
$5 sand blasted bezel
$10 xml2 4000K dedomed
$8 international
= $63 total

Last edited:

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast

No beam shots against the jax z1vn in xml2?
which one appears brighter?

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

No beam shots against the jax z1vn in xml2?
which one appears brighter?

I don't have a Z1vn made to compare. However I am making a SBT70 version for someone soon. Both lights are very different though.Size wise they are very different though.

Patt

Enlightened
OK thanx Vinh....think I need one for my work as night-security guard...lovecpf:party:

How many modes and...is there a little (tiny) mode too?

Sarge930

Newly Enlightened
You have to see this light in person to get an idea of how small yet bright it is.

5S8Zh5

Flashlight Enthusiast
Love mine. Glad I got the tail and bezel bead blasting. ...
oglvvd.gif

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast
iv been playing my mine for a few days now and i love this thing beyond love it !!!!!!!. I cant believe how bright the flood in on it. close to the jaxz1vn i remember. also the throw is crazy for a light this small. it out throws my x6vn with dedome xml2 and that light does about 65kcd so id put this one around 75kcd. the zoom feature is perfect and smooth aswell with just the right amount of resistance. only thing i don't like is the clicky which is not big deal but it feels cheap. it kinda squeaks when i click it lol

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess I am in the minority here, but this light does not impress me at all. This is the first Vinh light I have owned that feels really cheap (reminds me of the flimsy lights you see in dollar stores). I shouldn't be too surprised, since the stock light can be had for under $10. Still, Convoy lights can be had for not much more, and the machining is worlds apart. I have a couple Ultrafires (loaner lights), and even those feel MUCH more solid in comparison.

If you want a super light weight light with zoom and high brightness, this may be just the thing for you. But for the (modded) price, I was hoping for more. Definitely NOT a must have in my book - this is basically a Sipik clone, with a larger battery compartment, and should be priced accordingly. The price point for a stock light (under $10) is reasonable, if you don't mind the cheap feel, but this is one light that is not worth the modded price. And personally I wouldn't even have paid $10 for it, had I held it in hand first.

Sorry to be so blunt, and if you like it, that is great! But I always want honest feedback from owners, good and bad, so I felt I needed to share my opinion of it.

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast
damn you must have high standards lol. this lights quality is fantastic. we know the internals are as they are vinh modded. the output on flood is amazing and the throw is over 70kcd. you have to set your expectations for each light. if you were expecting fenix or army tac quality yes your going to be disappointing but for what it is its fantastic

I guess I am in the minority here, but this light does not impress me at all. This is the first Vinh light I have owned that feels really cheap (reminds me of the flimsy lights you see in dollar stores). I shouldn't be too surprised, since the stock light can be had for under $10. Still, Convoy lights can be had for not much more, and the machining is worlds apart. I have a couple Ultrafires (loaner lights), and even those feel MUCH more solid in comparison.

If you want a super light weight light with zoom and high brightness, this may be just the thing for you. But for the (modded) price, I was hoping for more. Definitely NOT a must have in my book - this is basically a Sipik clone, with a larger battery compartment, and should be priced accordingly. The price point for a stock light (under $10) is reasonable, if you don't mind the cheap feel, but this is one light that is not worth the modded price. And personally I wouldn't even have paid $10 for it, had I held it in hand first.

Sorry to be so blunt, and if you like it, that is great! But I always want honest feedback from owners, good and bad, so I felt I needed to share my opinion of it.

Last edited:

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
damn you must have high standards lol. this lights quality is fantastic. we know the internals are as they are vinh modded. the output on flood is amazing and the throw is over 70kcd

Yeah, the performance is not bad at all (although the beam shape leaves a lot to be desired, in my opinion). I just can't get over how cheap it feels in hand, and it isn't a matter of extremely high standards, either. Like I said, I've had and used a number of inexpensive lights, and some of them have really impressed me, especially for value. This one does not.

Capolini

Banned
DOC's assessment parallels mine.

PROS:

The light has a nice tint and output.

CONS:

-The light feels very cheap

-The rings and glare were not gone and did NOT disappear w/ the addition of the sand blasted bezel like Vinh stated in the video. On this thread he said,"reduced",,,,I do not know that because I did not see it with the stock bezel.

-Probably over priced considering what it cost[~$8]
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I was not quite as brutally honest in my email to Vinh last night. Which is rare, because I usually am!

I sent mine back.

Now my secondary lights, the X2vn T,S200C2vn and TX25C2vn V3 which are ALL awesome lights will be able keep their allotted time in my rotation!

In my ~55 years I have found that It is best to be "Honest" and not to fear what others may think.

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast
i have no rings or glare at all. its the cleanest die projection iv even seen in an aspheric. The light might not weight much but im not feeling this cheep feel any of you are. feels solid, clip is strong and the focus is smooth but just enough resistance to hold were you put it.