Am I the only one who just wants another Quark?

Why is it that some members here can't leave a thread concerning Foursevens products on track? If you want to let everyone know what you don't like about them.... why don't you start a thread concerning such?

Moderators and Administrators,

Do thread titles have any meaning when it comes to Foursevens?

~ CG

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hoo bloody rah for that!
Cue posts saying "why shouldn't we criticise, it's a Free World......."
Sorry, rant over, it's been a long day. But with a delicious sunset, and my best girl to watch it with.
P

archimedes

Flashaholic
Why is it that some members here can't leave a thread concerning Foursevens products on track? If you want to let everyone know what you don't like about them.... why don't you start a thread concerning such?

~ CG

Hello Chance,

Although the OP title and text are certainly open to interpretation, I read it as one person saying that they liked the (no longer available) Quark and asking if others miss it as well, perhaps also wondering what is similar and currently available.

To me, it seems legit to comment either pro or con, in a thread of this type ... as long as it is done in reasonably civil manner.

Please feel free to PM me to discuss further, if you like, if there is a specific post to which you object.

dhunley1

Enlightened
I like my MDC 1AA Nichia. The low mode is definitely sub-lumen. Perfect middle of the night light.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
all this plus they are expensive

they cluster around $40 price-wise

well, for $40 you can get a much better Surefire G2x Pro.
MOre durable, more or less lumens, etc.

Just a light that's 100% better than any quark and almost indestructible.

I got the Quark Tactical QTL with clip for $21 shipped last year and it's a neat little light, but that was the 'going out of business, everything must go' Ebay sale.

I just looked at the G2X Pro and I don't see any at $40. Best I saw was $45 + S/H for a NIB version.

Still...the G2X is much bigger and bulkier, doesn't come with a clip, has too fat a head for comfortable pocket carry (IME) and is a basic two mode light with horrible spacing, so I'm not really getting your comparison.

Much like FourSeven, I'm not a huge SureFire fan, thinking that they sat on their asses enjoying their big .mil/.leo contracts and were late on the innovating front, but those are just my biases.

Chris

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
check out the 'good deals' section here, there was one floating around for around $36, shipped. I think they bumped it to $40 now.

Look at *completed* auctions on Ebay and get an idea what G2x Pro goes for. It's not the best light but the most cost-effective light I've seen. It costs less than 1 Malkoff module. Very light, durable, two modes that are spaced just right and bright.

I know it's not in the same category at all

But it's not a quark. I would buy one for $20, maybe.. looking on Ebay, they are all around $40 which is nuts.

I have a 47's Mini ML, kind of the same thing, the 123.. nice for what it is, but not worth anywhere near $40 IMO.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
check out the 'good deals' section here, there was one floating around for around $36, shipped. I think they bumped it to $40 now.

Look at *completed* auctions on Ebay and get an idea what G2x Pro goes for. It's not the best light but the most cost-effective light I've seen. It costs less than 1 Malkoff module. Very light, durable, two modes that are spaced just right and bright.

I know it's not in the same category at all

But it's not a quark. I would buy one for $20, maybe.. looking on Ebay, they are all around $40 which is nuts.

I have a 47's Mini ML, kind of the same thing, the 123.. nice for what it is, but not worth anywhere near $40 IMO.

Hey, I'm not raggin' on you, just stating some of my biases, but we'll all different with unique preferences on what we want our light to do.

There's no 'right, or wrong.'

I think that the two lights pictured above, look pretty cool and I'd consider either based on aesthetics, but that's just me and I don't know their price, or performance.

I'm more into budget lights and just ordered my fourth S2 and S2+ (purple) in a warm tint, so I'm a fan of not spending a lot of cash for an item that performs 'almost' as well as some other more mainstream brands.

Surefire, Streamlight and FourSevens haven't been lights that I've gravitated to, although I have one of each. For price, I've never wanted a Malkoff, or HDS, although I appreciate their offerings.

Chris

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not me... I got a bunch, many NIB :whistle:. Stocked up on good sales for gifts and as back-ups of my favorite iterations for when they fail.... except never had one fail.

My favorite model are the 1st gen XPG2/XML low voltage Quark Clicks, figured how to program them so it's a great mix of the of the Tac & Pro UIs w/o the twisty head (which I prefer). The 1st gen had a unique quirk that allows for a moonlight/low toggle, which is 90% of my usage.

Also so have an HDS, MDC AAs, Zebras, D25s, and bunch of others. All have their advantages/disadvantages of course, but for me, none match the combination of: mode spacing, efficiency, regulation, fast UI, Lego-ability, voltage versatility, and reliability. Gave up buying new lights years ago trying to beat my Quarks.... for my priorities, everything else disappointed.

Last edited:

~ CG

Hello Chance,

Although the OP title and text are certainly open to interpretation, I read it as one person saying that they liked the (no longer available) Quark and asking if others miss it as well, perhaps also wondering what is similar and currently available.

To me, it seems legit to comment either pro or con, in a thread of this type ... as long as it is done in reasonably civil manner.

Thanks arch. I'll mark you down as a No. :p

~ Chance

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why is it that some members here can't leave a thread concerning Foursevens products on track?

~ CG

Agree, it is good to participate on a (largely) positive forum here at CPF.

Although when I read the title, was wondering if there was some racy 'urban dictionary' definition of Quark that I was not aware of...

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
I would like the Quark Smart but take away all the buggy smart features. Add a real clicky. Proper lithium ion support. Keep the UI options then add NW.

I would like the Quark Smart but take away all the buggy smart features. Add a real clicky. Proper lithium ion support. Keep the UI options then add NW.

9UKFthA.jpg