Beam Shots of my V54 Torches-LGK20 V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capolini

Banned
D1vn ....It turned out to be a catch and release light.

My ONLY and final beam shots.

D1_VN_TRAIL.1.jpg

D1_VN_TRAIL.jpg

D1_VN_TRAIL.2.jpg

Capolini

Banned
TX25C2vn V3 XPG2 DD/SINGLE MODE 900L/75 to 80Kcd w/ TAIL CAP ACTIVATION. ,,,That is a mouthful!

This was from 150 Yards away. What is amazing is not the distance but the fact that I used the light for 17 minutes on a VTC5A and the voltage a few minutes after the photo was 3.74v.

I was at my turn around point and ready to switch lights.

TX25_C2vn_10.17.2017.jpg

Capolini

Banned
That's an awesome little light!

Indeed it is! It is the only small light that is in my rotation for the "Trail"!

Some summer nights I have to turn it off after using it 8 minutes or so since it is direct drive. This summer I was able to use it the whole summer for 15 minutes straight w/out turning it off,,,that is the point for a battery change.My hands are conditioned after 4 years of Vinh lights!

ven

Flashaholic
:naughty: nice......................i will be surprised if this does not become a capo fav:cool:

Capolini

Banned
Pictures of the LED-XHP70 SD.

-There is some debris on the outside of the square that encapsulates the dome. Grey colored. Hopefully that will not adhere to the SD.

One of the theory's about the Burnt LED on my L6vn is that a small piece of debris got on the dome and caused that to happen.That PHOTO is in Post #20 of this thread.

-I used my PD12vn on ML/Low for illumination on all Three photos. On the third one I shined it directly on the LED.

XHP70_SD_.3.jpg

SD_XHP70.jpg

SD_XHP70_PD12_ILLUM.jpg

ven

Flashaholic
Hopefully it should be ok Roberto, have you tried it out yet? Hoping this one lives up to what you want and need on the trails. Hopefully the specs will amount to nothing/none issue:thumbsup:

Capolini

Banned
Hopefully it should be ok Roberto, have you tried it out yet? Hoping this one lives up to what you want and need on the trails. Hopefully the specs will amount to nothing/none issue:thumbsup:

I did a run time test. I will be using it tonight.

What do u think that debris is. Pieces of the shaved dome or soldering material? Any debris is Not good and should not be there.

ven

Flashaholic
Not sure tbh, presume parts of silicon from dome................pics look like the xhp70 has silicon over it still (or something)could be the pic!. Normally or ones i have seen shows where its been shaved around the edge of the LED.

Capolini

Banned
Not sure tbh, presume parts of silicon from dome................pics look like the xhp70 has silicon over it still (or something)could be the pic!. Normally or ones i have seen shows where its been shaved around the edge of the LED.

Your right. That is what I see also. He must slice it off leaving a small layer for protection. I am assuming these LED'S can't not get the standard de dome

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
I did a run time test. I will be using it tonight.

What do u think that debris is. Pieces of the shaved dome or soldering material? Any debris is Not good and should not be there.

Hey capo, there is no such as perfect dedome.. take my word for it.

ven

Flashaholic
Correct Roberto, a standard de-dome is not possible on the xhp70 . Part of the dome has to be left near the base. Either way the beam is awesome! Lot more intense and defined hot spot,yet retains plenty bright spill. Also any cross in the beam ,normally associated with quad dies disappears.

Capolini

Banned
Hey capo, there is no such as perfect dedome.. take my word for it.

ok..........I understand that.

Put yourself in my shoes.

1. L6vn failed with Twenty TOTAL minutes use...not consecutive.

2. K60vn 70.2.I noticed a defect/damage after using it 8 days, Vinh admitted he must have damaged while building it.

Several people on BLF believed the L6vn failure was caused by debris. Metal shavings/ solder material ect.

So for me to be a bit concerned after I see debris near this LED after having TWO failures in a row is not an over reaction on my part.

Capolini

Banned
Ok,,,,,,,,,,ALL the preliminaries are out of the way. Everyone can PIPE DOWN now!!

EVERYTHING is in Order,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Beam shots ~ 9/9:30 PM. :D

Capolini

Banned
Capo has a few words Before I post some beam shots"

Dad, I love the K60vn XHP70 SD. It has the nicest beam profile of any light that you ever had. It also has a beautiful tint and sufficient throw. Can we use it every night?

Son, I agree.However, We will use it 2 or 3 times a week. We have 15 other V54 trail lights that we have to keep in the rotation! :cool:

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

First the XHP70.2 that use to be in this light.

K60vn_2.jpg

K60vn_9.29.2017.jpg

As usual the Giant power line pole is 300 yards away.

XHP70_SD.jpg

XHP70_SD.1.jpg

A bit blurry,,,,,,,,, 120 yards Over the Schuylkill river

XHP_70_SD_OVER_RIVER.jpg

There is no doubt to me[especially in person] that the Utility pole is lit up more w/ the XHP70 SD. I think the pictures show it also.

My son expressed his sentiment well about the XHP70 SD.

I will say that my first impression is that I like the XHP70 SD Better than the 70.2. Nicer tint, more throw.:D

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey capo, thanks for the beamshot.. I too agree xhp 70 shave dome will give better throw and neutral tint..

Status
Not open for further replies.