Features that would make me buy another FourSevens light

pomah

Newly Enlightened
I cant say this enough times, QT2L-X, with upgrade cree xp-l, make it so that we can programme it, usb, lossening tail end, replacing tailcap with a special programable one e.g.

I would buy that no questions asked, clear white is fine by me, it lights up the woods and streets which is what I need.

Lumencrazy

Enlightened
"........... Since many
dedicated flashlights already contain powerful
rechargeable batteries, it would be interesting
for FourSevens to have a similar function:
a dedicated flashlight that can charge a cell phone. They
should patent it so that other flashlight companies
cannot stop them from implementing it in the future..........."

They cannot patent that idea since it is now public knowledge. You just released it.
Furthermore, it was your idea not theirs, so they could never claim inventorship.
Any ideas, products etc., released into the public domain before the patent is filed are unpatentable (it is referred to as prior art). Even you would not be able to patent this idea now. This discloser would make it impossible.

Last edited:

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
Even white paper can change the reflected intensity of the various wavelengths. Also, what is an estimated lumen??? Last time I checked they were not selling estimated gallons of gas at the local service station.
Actually, they do. The pumps are supposed to be checked now and then to make sure they're not "too far" off. There's supposed to be an inspection sticker on them.

I figure LEDs are the same way. The process of binning them has error bars, resulting in "tint lottery."

On topic: Foursevens, please offer warm high cri tint options. I liked the Quarks and would hope that user programmability plus a warm tint would be a winner.

Overclocker

Flashlight Enthusiast
well i guess they're too busy putting out new Olight models (david chow is chairman of Olight)

but to reinvigorate the Quark line they have to come up with a fresh magnetic control ring design. perhaps taking advantage of that dead space around the base of the reflector. then make the threads compatible w/ the large installed base of quark bodies

probably a bad idea to put a side button on a quark

18650 really isnt necessary since the KeepPower 16650 2500mah is available and offers ample runtime at 780 lumens

eraursls1984

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just ordered a Keeppower 16650 for my QT2-L. It's rated at 2500mah (300mah more than my older AW 18650's), so it should give great runtime.

well i guess they're too busy putting out new Olight models (david chow is chairman of Olight)

but to reinvigorate the Quark line they have to come up with a fresh magnetic control ring design. perhaps taking advantage of that dead space around the base of the reflector. then make the threads compatible w/ the large installed base of quark bodies

18650 really isnt necessary since the KeepPower 16650 2500mah is available and offers ample runtime at 780 lumens
18650 can still give 30% more power than the 16650.

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
If I wanted something Quark-like with a side switch, I'd get a Fenix. I preferred the PD series before that happened. It's overcomplicating things. Head tight, high and strobe. Head loose start at low then up from there. I see no need for an auxilary button where you have to roll the light around in your hand to find it. IMHO, head tight/head loose is better in the dark. You can set it up before activation.

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
why stop at 18650. why not 26650? both would break compatibility w/ existing quark bodies
What's the good 26650 these days? I keep finding junk with only 3000-3500 mah. I see Ultrafires claiming 5000 mah, but yeah... RIGHT. (sigh, ultrafire.)

Picked some 26650 on sale at Radio Shack, got home. Pack says 3000 mah. :( 18650 capacity in a huge hulking shell.

Overclocker

Flashlight Enthusiast
If I wanted something Quark-like with a side switch, I'd get a Fenix. I preferred the PD series before that happened. It's overcomplicating things. Head tight, high and strobe. Head loose start at low then up from there. I see no need for an auxilary button where you have to roll the light around in your hand to find it. IMHO, head tight/head loose is better in the dark. You can set it up before activation.

too bad companies like surefire and apple have patented too much "stuff". apparently SF has patents on the physical properties of aluminum oxide (insulator) that no one else could have it on their tailcap threads

i'm actually surprised apple hasn't registered the cylindrical flashlight form like they did w/ the rectangular tablet shape

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
too bad companies like surefire and apple have patented too much "stuff". apparently SF has patents on the physical properties of aluminum oxide (insulator) that no one else could have it on their tailcap threads

i'm actually surprised apple hasn't registered the cylindrical flashlight form like they did w/ the rectangular tablet shape
Okay, that's it. It's high time I patented electricity. :(

So SF has patented resistors. Why not? I need to patent capactors and inductors as well. That'll kill off some innovation!

Next I'll patent the internet and breathing. I'll be rich!

KeepingItLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Benjamin Franklin was a giant among the founding fathers of the United States. He was also an inventor and scientist, one of few Americans who was a member of the British Royal Society.

Among other things, Franklin invented his famous Franklin Stove and the lightning rod. The latter, of course, has saved countless thousands of lives.

Franklin, who became the richest man in America, did not patent any of his inventions. According to Wikipedia, he believed "that as we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously."

Patent the square shape of a tablet? Phew!