• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

FireFlies ROT66vn - Most Compact PopCan?

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Battle of the tint heavyweights!

DSC_0164.png

DSC_0145.png

DSC_0146.png

DSC_0147.png

The lee filter makes the LH351Ds look slightly more rosy/less green compared to the XHP50.2 in the Zebralight. I'd imagine that without the filter the two would be near indistinguishable, or the Samsungs would look slightly more green than the XHP50.2.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Battle of the tint heavyweights!

DSC_0164.png

DSC_0145.png

DSC_0146.png

DSC_0147.png

The lee filter makes the LH351Ds look slightly more rosy/less green compared to the XHP50.2 in the Zebralight. I'd imagine that without the filter the two would be near indistinguishable, or the Samsungs would look slightly more green than the XHP50.2.

Very nice shots

Nokoff

Enlightened
Great pics. I see you have all the newer version at your shop now with the auxiliary LEDs. Do you prefer Andruil or NarsilM versions?
I prefer the latter personally. Too many blinky modes with Andruil so I definitely don't need fast access to them, however it does seem popular nonetheless.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Great pics. I see you have all the newer version at your shop now with the auxiliary LEDs. Do you prefer Andruil or NarsilM versions?
I prefer the latter personally. Too many blinky modes with Andruil so I definitely don't need fast access to them, however it does seem popular nonetheless.

I havn't messed with the UI yet. Just got them last night. So far I think Narsil is more polished but let me conclude later after I mess with all the programming. Right now I am having a lot of fun cranking the AUX all the way up so its super bright at night. Now this is what you call a locator light. I lock out my lights when not in use anyways so I do not care about high parasitic drain. This will be excellent for camp. I remember going to camp and running the light on Moonlight all night so I can grab the light in the middle of the night.

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think I was lucky to have my light tag along with the shipment that Fireflies sent you, before the chinese holidays kicked in for a week or so.

How'd you like the SST20 with the filter?

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I think I was lucky to have my light tag along with the shipment that Fireflies sent you, before the chinese holidays kicked in for a week or so.

How'd you like the SST20 with the filter?

Very nice tint. I am going to compare it today with XPL HI 5000K with and without filter and see.

Bob_McBob

Newly Enlightened
Is the optic modified for the LH351D version? I remember Fireflies said they didn't fit properly.

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
LH351D and XPL HI can fit under the optics, it's just a matter of not tightening the bezel down all the way, which would otherwise crush the emitters. That was the issue Fireflies ran into when it first launched the ROT66.

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like to share some output.
rot66 sst20 cw
fully charged , 7000 lumen
3.86 v, 5800 lumen

very happy with the output as the voltage decrease.

Bob_McBob

Newly Enlightened
No wider o-ring or anything like that? It's literally just not tightening the bezel as much? From your previous posts, I don't think vinh is gluing the bezel, right?

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I have not been able to crush any leds myself and i tighten the bezel down fairly tighten. If u get a light from me just dont disassemble and all should be good.

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
SST-20 4000k HI CRI + Lee 804 is simply beautiful. Nothing else I have makes wood and flesh tones look this good.

It also seems to hold a regulated output of 1400ish lumens, and manages heat very well at this output. Something this size with this amount of light quality putting out that amount of regulated lumens is amazing.

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
SST-20 4000k HI CRI + Lee 804 is simply beautiful. Nothing else I have makes wood and flesh tones look this good.

It also seems to hold a regulated output of 1400ish lumens, and manages heat very well at this output. Something this size with this amount of light quality putting out that amount of regulated lumens is amazing.

I do find this Lee filter interesting too. The spill is a tiny bit pink but the hot spot is perfect to my eyes.

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
LH351D is a little too floody for me with the ROT66, it's almost as floody as my H600FC. I like the defined hotspot and great color rendering of the SST20 4000k 95cri.

219B 4500k R9080 probably has the most useful beam for general purpose usage, as it has same hotspot size as SST20, but a smoother and slightly more gradual transition in the corona.

SKV89

Enlightened
The dry grass rendered by the 90CRI Samsung matches the daytime grass color better than the other two. I bet with the 219B 9080, with a much higher R9 value will match daytime colors almost perfectly.

jo_th

Newly Enlightened
I like to share some output.
rot66 sst20 cw
fully charged , 7000 lumen
3.86 v, 5800 lumen

very happy with the output as the voltage decrease.

what batteries did you use? and how many cd did you get?