Flashaholic Getogether in Singapore! PART-IV (4)

stong1970

Newly Enlightened
Sorry guys, I can no longer make it this Fri 10 May : :(

1. FleaBag
2. Plaguem [unable to confirm]
3. Stong1970
4. iHtech
5. Taipan [unable to meet]
6. DarkStrike (From BLF)
7. pjandyho [Unable to confirm till a later date]

Oh dear. Another flashaholic could not make it for this outing. Triode will only be back in Singapore tomorow, he should be too tired to joing us.

Weather forecast rain for tomorrow evening till 9pm. This comming Saturday weather forecast also don't look good.

How about postponing the outing to next Sat 18th May ?

Last edited:

Flea Bag

Enlightened
Thanks! I am kind of juggling my time right now between work and visiting my best friend who is lying in hospital due to cancer. He is my 13 years buddy whom I enjoyed frequenting Pulau Ubin together and some of you have met him before on our trek to Bukit Brown cemetery some time back. Situation looks grim and I am deeply saddened by this ordeal. Right now as it is I am trying my best to keep him company for as much as possible. I believe I can never ever find another friend who share so many conversation topics, hobbies and interests together. Never I believe.

PJ, very sorry to hear about your friend. I'll pray for him and all who are affected... Will PM you.

Flea Bag

Enlightened
Oh dear. Another flashaholic could not make it for this outing. Triode will only be back in Singapore tomorow, he should be too tired to joing us.

Weather forecast rain for tomorrow evening till 9pm. This comming Saturday weather forecast also don't look good.

How about postponing the outing to next Sat 18th May ?

My apologies as Triode SMSed me on Wednesday but I failed to post his response here. Sorry again guys.

I actually have a friend who would like to come tomorrow night, so there could be anywhere from 5 to 7 of us IF we take the risk on the weather. About the weather though, I've been using this webpage from NEA:

http://app2.nea.gov.sg/weather_3day.aspx

I usually look at the 3 hour "nowcast", 12 hour forecast and 3 day outlook depending on plans of course. My past experience has been that it's around 60%-70% accurate. That's not fantastic odds, but if you want to chance it, the outlook on Friday looks alright for a night or evening gathering. I've been looking at Friday's outlook since Wednesday and it's varied from "Thundery showers over many areas in the morning" to at worst "Thundery showers in the morning and early afternoon".

The outlook for May as a whole or fortnightly outlook is: http://app2.nea.gov.sg/fortnightly_outlook.aspx April has had rain mostly away from the central areas [where the reservoirs are] but this week's rains have not followed that trend.

Anyway, all said and done, [I hope you enjoyed visiting and browsing the website -I like charts and pictures :)], I too would support that we postpone the outing to Saturday the 18th.

Last edited:

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't think I can make it for the outing. Been dying to bring my TM26 for a spin but some things can wait and this is one of them.

Taipan

Newly Enlightened
I suggest mtg up next week on Sat 18 May 7pm at the food centre btw SPC & Esso (marked by the black square) :

21+Lower+Peirce+Reservoir+Park+%2528%25E8%25B4%259D%25E9%259B%2585%25E5%25A3%25AB%25E8%2593%2584%25E6%25B0%25B4%25E6%25B1%25A0%25E4%25B8%258B%25E6%25AE%25B5%2529+-+A+Leisure+Walk+%2528Large%2529.jpg

[email protected]

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys, just came back during the weekend and was tired out.. really cant make it tonight as well because of some work in office.

All weekend should be fine for me. Im on for the 18th guys. :thumbsup:

stong1970

Newly Enlightened
I would prefer next weekend. As I was caught in yesterday late afternoon thundery showers and feel a little off right now.

Darkstrike from BLF is also fine with next weekend outing as well.

stong1970

Newly Enlightened
I would prefer next weekend. As I was caught in yesterday late afternoon thundery showers and feel a little off right now.

Darkstrike from BLF is also fine with next weekend outing as well.

I would not be going for tonight outing as I'm having headache right now.

BTW Alfred from BLF in okay for next weekend outing.

You guys enjoy yourself tonight.

ihtech

Newly Enlightened
Sorry guys, not able to join in for today's gathering. 18th is okay for me since its a weekend. Caught up with some matters and don't think can make it by 7pm today. :)

Flea Bag

Enlightened
Hi guys,

Although it's pretty much a given, I'd just like to state here that tonight's outing is postponed to next Saturday, 18th May. Just wanted to be clear in case there are others out there who have just seen this thead or are confused by the sequence of events. Afterall, even small impromptu outings can be pretty fun!

Will post a new interest list for the 18th.

Last edited:

Flea Bag

Enlightened
Here we go again! :) Please edit the list as you see fit:

Interest list for Saturday the 18th of May, Peirce Reservoir outing at a 7pm meeting time. Meeting location: Food Centre between Esso & SPC. For map, see post 349 by Taipan here. [To add yourself to the outing, please re-post this list and its instructions along with your name of course!]

1. Flea Bag & friend
2. Plaguem [unconfirmed]
3. stong1970
4. ihtech
5. Taipan
6. DarkStrike (From BLF)
7. pjandyho [Unable to confirm till a later date]
8. Triode
9. MosesM

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
**Next Sat is out for me as I am working**

Here we go again! Please edit the list as you see fit:

Interest list for Saturday the 18th of May, Peirce Reservoir outing at a 7pm meeting time. Meeting location: Food Centre between Esso & SPC. For map, see post 349 by Taipan here. [To add yourself to the outing, please re-post this list and its instructions along with your name of course!]

1. Flea Bag & friend
2. Plaguem [unconfirmed]
3. stong1970
4. ihtech
5. Taipan
6. DarkStrike (From BLF)
7. Triode
8. MosesM

stong1970

Newly Enlightened

1. Flea Bag & friend
2. Plaguem [unconfirmed]
3. stong1970
4. ihtech
5. Taipan
6. DarkStrike (From BLF)
7. Triode
8. MosesM
9. Alfred (From BLF)

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast

1. Flea Bag & friend
2. Plaguem [unconfirmed]
3. stong1970
4. ihtech
5. Taipan
6. DarkStrike (From BLF)
7. Triode
8. MosesM
9. Alfred (From BLF)
10. Zeruel

Flea Bag

Enlightened

1. Flea Bag & friend
2. Plaguem [unconfirmed]
3. stong1970
4. ihtech
5. Taipan
6. DarkStrike (From BLF)
7. Triode
8. MosesM
9. Alfred (From BLF)
10. Zeruel

Glad you can make it Zeruel!

Taipan

Newly Enlightened
Lower Peirce Trail at the Casuarina Entrance is the spot to start with after dinner. There's a mystery path to explore which leads to the reservoir park :

99171037_58353f00a0.jpg
nature_central_map2.jpg