Free Light

Kryosphinx

Enlightened
Here's an idea, if you want to make sure you don't clog up CPF, you could email the winner instead of posting it. That way, you'll clog up people's email server, not CPF :)

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
the essay contest wasnt a joke? I wont participate though, I think my lights are good enough, and someone without as nice lights should get the opportunity.

-David

carrot

Flashaholic
Wondering if some mild language (damn, crap, etc) might put me at a disadvantage in your judging of my essay? If so, no problem, not going to cramp my style.

I'm a senior at an NY City public high school, will graduate with an AA in Liberal Arts.

Edit: Actually scratch that. No mild language in my essay after all... But can the essay be about 700 words instead of 500? I kinda overshot. I promise it's not boring, but if you *must* have it shorter I can try to cut it down (not sure how well that'll turn out).

Last edited:

SolarFlare

Enlightened
cheapo
No its not a joke :crackup:. I think the bit of effort required shows some desire/merit to own one of the lights. If someone can't be bothered to write a few a paragraphs, then they don't really want one of them.

carrot

Its not a strict limit on length so that's fine :grin2: . Language and humour are acceptable :naughty: .

Last edited:

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
come to think of it... that is smart thinking, it does show ones desire for the light. Make sure to check for platgerism though.

-David

Cornkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have an e1e.. but I like to write essays. ( or at least I write plenty for college; so whats another one..)

Its a good subject...

I DONT KNOW>... I will write it.. but dont know if I'll send it.

(sorry for the.. scatterbrain comment)
-tom

Jumpmaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cornkid said:
I have an e1e.. but I like to write essays. ( or at least I write plenty for college; so whats another one..)

Its a good subject...

I DONT KNOW>... I will write it.. but dont know if I'll send it.

(sorry for the.. scatterbrain comment)
-tom

College? If you're 18 already, I think you may not be eligible unless you're in the military...right? Did you start college early?

JM-99

carrot

Flashaholic
Oh man, I think I ditched one of my college app essays to write this. I'll be PMing it to you (solarflare)... tomorrow, I guess. Still want to make a few edits.

SolarFlare

Enlightened
AloneInTheDark said:
Can't you extend the deadline? I'm still cramming for tests.

How long are you talking? Its doubtful even with the current deadline they would get to an international winner before Christmas :mecry:

SolarFlare

Enlightened
evanlocc said:
Should I stand a chance from the other side of globe. The SF cost a bom over here!

If you fulfil the following then you are welcome to have a go :grin2:

1. You must be 18 or under, or a full time student, or an active serviceman/woman.
2. You must have registered on CPF on or before the 9th of December.

SolarFlare

Enlightened
Right :crackup: as the majority of the membership of this forum is USA I will change the deadline to midnight pacific time on Saturday the 17th of December (8am GMT Sunday) Hope that clears it up :naughty: