HDS UV light... On SALE October 23rd.

archimedes

Flashaholic
.... I grew up eating dirt, riding a bicycle without a helmet, smoking, chewing, riding in the back of pickup trucks... rode motorcycles without a helmet... wore my ballistic vest about 5% of the time at work....

I am a big believer in "end user should determine suitability for own purposes" :grin2:

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am a big believer in "end user should determine suitability for own purposes" :grin2:

Yes. Exactly.

I understand I do a lot of kidding on here, and perhaps some don't know when I'm joking and when I am not. I really wasn't joking in my previous post. The only thing safety wise I am qualified to discuss would be regarding boom sticks which isn't the purview of this forum.
It is up to the end user to decide to use or not use this light in whatever manner they chose.

Not kidding. I am OSHA's worst nightmare.

Titanium wrist
img-4878.jpg

Had a bone sticking out here.
img-4876.jpg

Two steel plates... radius and ulna.
img-4875.jpg

I'll save everyone from seeing photos of the rest of my body, but it isn't any better.
TSA hates me.

usdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would be interested in a different wavelength but I haven't got a clue on footprints except my own. The current uv 365nm will last me a lifetime.

FWIW the question about UV was asked to Henry and he said it's not a problem but DON'T look directly at the beam. My thought is this: the woods lens essentially turns it into a very nice and useful black light.

No you do not need special glasses as opposed to forensic blue. I have my own optics (eyeglasses) that block out uv and as a test I held my lens in front of the uv at full power and it didn't go through to what I was aiming at...

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Little lobsters are out tonight...
Had dial down the setting on the HDS UV to get the photo. They are easy to spot from 20 yards away on max.
img-4896.jpg

RCS1300

Flashlight Enthusiast
Caught three mice in my crawl space traps under our weekend house. Thought I blocked all the outdoor entries into the crawl space last year.

Will be taking my HDS UV light to the weekend house to try to follow the mouse path biological residue and find out where the mice are entering the house.

Mice multiply fast. One female mouse can have up to 14 offspring every 21 days and a female baby mouse is capable of reproduction in six weeks of birth. So if I do no find the entry soon...

Separately, was changing the oil in my Jeep yesterday and saw some leaking of fluid around either the timing cover or power steering pump. Will add Tracer UV fluorescent dye to the new engine oil and use my HDS UV light to find the source of the leak.

My HDS UV light has already come in very handy over the past year and paid for itself on its first use when I found the source of a power steering leak in my Toyota Camry - see post #123 in this thread for photos. Saved me $$ in dealer diagnostic fees and labor.

The Woods Lens that comes with the HDS light makes the HDS light really effective.

Last edited:

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
We ordered a small number of the same emitters and Woods glass.
I will let you know when they become available.

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
An emitter such as this would have to be available and fit the HDS footprint.
These would be the same as the first run unless an emitter as you describe actually exists.
I still do not know what LED the current UV HDS are using. Therefore I do not have any specs.

But at least this one should fit, and the picture looks different than my LED in my UV HDS. Therefore this post.
https://www.irtronix.com/leuva33u70rl00

Last edited:

doctordun

Enlightened
May I suggest a green or blue laser as a second led for a dual laser/UV light. Spot the small crabs and burn them to hell.
I have a green and blue lasers capable of lighting a match or melting plastic or burn a hole in paper. It's about the strongest you can get with stepping across some serious laws prohibiting weapons grade lasers, as if I could not be trusted......who me?
shocked-face-with-exploding-head_1f92f.png
fire_1f525.png

Last edited:

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast
not sure where to post this, but i actually got to play with my UV tonight.
My kids have some
neweUfu.jpg

and this is what it glows like
QGJMtpK.jpg

Seattle Sparky

Newly Enlightened
Received my uv rotary today. It exceeded my expectations in both output and pureness/quality of UV light. I have 3 other UV lights: inova x5 (my avatar), Malkoff MD2, and cc P60 drop in from eBay. HDS puts them all to shame, only wish I bought it sooner.