how many lights do you carry?

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Six.

Currently a Maratac AA S.S. model as my main light. Just swapped out my 4Sevens Preon 2 w/ Preon 1 tailcap for a 272 (advertised) lumens 2AA Mini-Mag. Photon Freedom on my keyring. Orange CountyComm coin-cell light in my windbreaker pocket. Black version of the same on a tool-based keychain. And an Ozark trail 2AA model in my work/Get Home bag.

The Ozark Trail is my loaner light in a S.H.T.F. situation, in case I need to get home at night and am traveling with a friend or even a co-worker.

Last edited:

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Just one during the day. It will be a single AAA (currently the i3s), or, for a couple weeks now a Tube. If I'm out at night, and am wearing a coat, a larger light might be in its pocket.

Geoff

[email protected]

Newly Enlightened
Depends on what I'm doing. I carry a minimum of 3 usually. When I'm caving, it's a cavers rule to always have at least 3 light sources plus back up batteries. In each of my rigs I keep a Petzel head lamp, a small torch and a large high lumen torch. Lately I have been using a 1000 lumen Defiant. No bells and whistles but a good bang for my buck. My headlamps are getting pretty old. At the time I bought them they were the brighest I could find. I did just purchase a 6000 lumen headlamp but haven't had a chance to use it as it did not come with batteries. So...How many do I carry minimum 3, average 5.

sandalian

Enlightened
I carry 3 lights almost everyday. Novatac 120T at my belt, Fenix E05 in the bag, and Streamlight's nano on keychain.
If I go outdoor, that would be more lights to carry.

I also carry a phone with a flash but never consider it as flashlight.

recDNA

Flashaholic
In my coat pocket an Armytek Predator Pro for throw. In my jeans pocket a TC-R2 with Nichia 219B transplant or a V11RVN with 2.4 amp 85 CRI XM-L2 for close up work. On my keyring an Eagletac D25C as backup and for lighting door as I insert key. My door key has an led in it also to get it in keyhole.

Illum

Flashaholic
Well lets see.... there's a light on my keys, there's a light on my neck, there's the my worklight clipped to a locket, then there's a backup worklight in the pocket on the other side, then there's the loaner light, and a backup loaner light

Thrunite Tis, Fenix E05, Icarus custom Quad XP-G2, AaronM Custom SF L4-MC-E, SL Microstream, Inova XP

GearHunter

Enlightened
Always three;

thrunite ti ti3 on keys
HDS clicky 200 lm in my pocket
Fenix pd35 960 on my bag.

somemoregear

Newly Enlightened
Usually two. On my person will be either the PD22 or PD35, and in my organizer pouch in my bag is my Preon P2. The idea is that if I need lots of light, it is easily accessible in my pocket. If I need low light then I just get the Preon P2 out without much of a fuss.

MidnightDistortions

Flashlight Enthusiast
You are definitely not crazy, i had 3 EDC lights when i went on a trip. 2 Minimags and a LEDLenser T7. The AAA Minimag wasn't originally part of my EDC but i was with my dad and wanted to show him a set of AAA cells that was not operating at peak efficiency. I ended up carrying that light around. I had brought 5 lights with me total.

For regular days where i am at work or something 1 light is pretty much all i need, i'm generally in an area where there's emergency lighting and even if i have a light that isn't working i got my cellphone as a backup.

416isToronto

Newly Enlightened
Never leave home without at least two!

Fenix LD01 always on the keychain.
Pants pocket: Eagletac D25C or Jetbeam RRT01 or Fenix LD02 or Thrunite T10S.
In winter coat: Thrunite Lynx or T30S.
Work/EDC bag: Eagletac GX25A3, Fenix PD35 and I have managed to attach a Ti Eagletac D25A in holster to a strap.

In the car: A 2 AA Mini Maglite, 2 AA Rayovac Indestructable & an Energizer headlamp.

Last edited:

zipplet

Flashlight Enthusiast
I probably carry too many as well. As of yesterday (the postman made a visit to my apartment :whistle:), my EDC and the reasoning behind them:

Always in my pocket (most used): Olight S10R - Very small for an EDC light with strong pocket clip so I won't lose it. Incredibly bright for its size, but good lower level modes available to give a useful amount of light for a fairly long run time. The magnetic charging means I can just dock it whenever I want to top up the battery making it extremely convenient as a main EDC light.

Always on my keyring: Olight i3S - Good mode spacing and the very low lumen "firefly" mode is a plus in the event of an emergency. AAA cells mean I can just pop in a battery from a store if necessary but I usually use eneloops. The glass window is a must for keychain carry. Eventually it might get scuffed up a little bit on the keyring, but it is not too expensive to replace if it dies after a few years (I had a Fenix E01 on my keyring for 6+ years, it still worked when I gave it to my brother and had a lot of character where it was worn!)

Backup pocket light (if weather is bad, or it's night when I leave): Thrunite T10S NW - Very tough wearing (SS), great LED tint/colour, good mode spacing and it runs on a common battery I can easily replace in an emergency.

Of course I have more powerful lights but I don't carry them everyday, so they don't make the list.

Until yesterday, I had not bought any new lights since 2012 (!!!) so my EDC was a little different. I used to carry a Nitecore PD D10 (original model, still working) and Lummi Raw NS (all batteries worn out, no longer in use). My other lights were too big or did not qualify for EDC for some other reason.

cpf_edc201503.jpg

Last edited:

Berneck1

Enlightened
I always have at least two lights on me. I am a big believer in the "two is one; one is none" philosophy.

I primarily carry a Thrunite Ti3 and an Eagletac D25a. They are both very compact, and barely detectable on my keychain and in my pocket. They are true EDC lights in my opinion. I will also carry an 18650 light, like an Eagletac T25C2, but there are situations where it can become a bit cumbersome to have it on me.

Many don't agree with this, but I think you should ALWAYS have at least one common battery type (AAA, AA) flashlight on you at all times. The more "specialized" batteries can be hard to find or are very expensive if you need them in a pinch. That's why I like the D25a. It can take a 14500 battery, but I can switch to an AA in an emergency situation. And of course the Ti3 takes AAA's. I have been in a couple of situations where my CR123 light accidentally activated and the battery ran down. One time I couldn't find a replacement, and the other time I found one after looking in a few places, and they wanted $10 for one!!!! Since then, I always have two lights, and at least one is a common battery type.

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

dc38

Flashlight Enthusiast
On the east coast of the yoosah. In the place wher
Ideally:
1 superthrower
1 superflooder
1 edc long runtime/high output slim 18650
1 edc long runtime high output beater 18650
1 " " """"""""" 2xAA
1 keychain HCRI
2 2032 squeezies
2 2032 UV squeezies
A lighter
A glow in the dark rollup silicone sheet
A few small cyalumes in a plastic match carrier
A GITD paracord double bracelet

Shaifnan

Newly Enlightened
I always have a pluche with 2 AAA 2 AA and 2 CR123 (this are the one's that Come with the PD35) here the are €8,00 this is the reason I bought a Fenix 18650 3400mah.

I find that the price for the CR123 not normal.

xzel87

Enlightened
On person, Thrunite T10S.

In casual sling bag (manpurse) Olight S20-L2. This sling bag is inside my work backpack.

In work backpack Lumintop Tool AAA

Car glovebox, Nitecore Mt21A

So I EDC at least 3 lights on weekdays and 2 lights on weekends/casual outings where I just take the sling bag.

Got a headlamp incoming, probably end up in my backpack as well...so additional 1 for edc :p

wjv

Enlightened
When I'm caving, it's a cavers rule to always have at least 3 light sources plus back up batteries.

That I understand 100%!!

Underground I'd have at least 3 lights with good run times and at least 2 spare battery reloads for each light.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
On person 2-1 pocket sized light like my UC35 for example or my ZL SC600 MkII.
1 Eagletac light with the 2x18650 extension tube attached (rotate TX25C2, G25C2 MkII, T25C2) carried in my inside coat pocket.

In car-1 Fenix TK51
1 3rd Gen LED D cell Maglite

LeafSamurai

Enlightened
ZL SC600 MKII in one pocket and PD35 in the other pocket. In my car will be the Nitecore CU6. LD50 and LD60 on the way and will find a suitable place for them ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums