how many lights do you carry?

kssmith

Enlightened
It depends for me. If I am at work, then typically 2-3. I have a Surefire X300, a Peacekeeper on my belt, and a UNR Commander on my ring. As for when I am off, usually one. What light it is varies by day/mood. Sometimes my LD22, or a modified L1.

ryukin2000

Enlightened
usually 2. key chain LD01 and jacket pocket QPA-X. but lately i've been carry additional SC62w in jacket. not needed at all. what i should really be doing is adding another AAA light to keep in my pants pocket because everytime i get up from my desk i have no lights on me.

Shaquanda

Newly Enlightened
2-4 the fenix E15 on the keys a TK12 in the pocket something in the glovebox E35UE and TK35 in the patrol bag at work. E15 always there and a back up, TK12 because it still works, the E35 is not a tacticool light since no instant on, it is relegated to glovebox duty the TK35 is big and heavy. I need a bright light on patrol.

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just one main EDC light. Varies depending on my mood, what new light I have, or new light I've modded. In addition to my main EDC I have a tiny LED flashlight built into my Victorinox mini knife and my cell phone. But I really only use my EDC as a light.

My current EDC is this:

The homemade finish on the head looks a little rough in the picture, but is hardly noticeable in actual use. The 2 heatsink sleeves are removable. I can run the light with either, both or none installed. The extra heatsinking helps protect the hand and allows the light to run longer at max.

This is a heavily modified Convoy S2+ mini. The unmodified light was a tube style light sized for a single 18350 cell, tailcap clicky switch, and single emitter with aluminum OP reflector. I performed the following mods:

* Replaced emitter with triple-XPL 3D tint on copper Noctigon with widened Carclo 10507 optic.
* Replaced stock 1.5 amp driver with FET modded Nanjg 105C with DrJones' lumodrv e-switch firmware.
* Removed tailcap switch and shortened tailcap.
* Installed electronic side-switch on outside of head and built cover for it.
* Shortened pill allowing the light to fit a larger 18500 IMR cell.
* Build 2 removable heatsinks (one from copper other from aluminum).

As modded, this light is a pocket rocket. It's just 74mm long ... shorter than a Zebralight SC52, yet emits approximately 2500 lumens out-the-front at startup on a fresh cell! It wows everyone who sees it with its incredible output. The head gets very hot very fast, so I'll almost always use it with at least one of the heatsink sleeves.

MrLi

Newly Enlightened
Prometheus Beta QR2 - my keychain light
Zebralight SC52w - clips in my pocket (use this quite a lot, especially during the dark winter nights).
Zebralight SC600w - clips on my work bag-pack
Eagletac P25LC2 diffuser - in my car's glovebox

MMD

Enlightened
Usually two on me and at least three more in a bag close by. Lately it has been an E2E with TNT SingLED as my primary in left pocket. CQvn in a Surefire/Oveready build as a backup in left side pocket.

EDC bag has a Wizard headlamp plus an L2P and an L2M as standard loud out. I will throw some others in there for extra flavor. The L2P and L2M are running Custom Lites drop ins. The great thing about those two is they can Lego to take a few different battery combos including AA.

Of course this leaves room for a knife, multi-tool, and pistol on my person. The EDC bag is never far off with everything else MacGyver needs. Am I crazy? Yes to some. Whatever. I am going to live my life the way I want to. And yes I will choose to use my crazy load of goodies to aid the naysayers.

I love the comment about the "flashlight walk". In that case, one for each pocket. I do this when I get a new light and want to formally introduce its new family.

recDNA

Flashaholic
3. D25C clicky on keychain. TC-R2 in pocket. Armytek Predator Pro in coat. I'm not counting the 3 in my car.

Berneck1

Enlightened
About 98% of the time I have at least two lights on me. Currently, those are the Eagletac D25a and Thrunite Ti. I like those two because they perform well and accept common battery types. The other 2% I have just the Eagletac. It's pretty much my go-to light for almost everything. I have a common battery light on me 100% of the time. About 30% of the time I'll have a third larger light like an Eagletac T25C2 or Thrunite Archer 2A. I only carry those if I have larger pockets, like in a coat or suit jacket.

Sent from my iPad using Candlepowerforums

safetythird

Newly Enlightened
Oh my. A site I can relate to. I carry not less than 3 in my truck and usually two on my person. It's dark in the winter and a light is always welcome. There are flashlights all over my house, you will never go more than 6 feet and there is a flashlight. Some are very powerful some just LED. I'm going to start learning all the different types I have. Just knowing this forum is here will help. Nova Scotia is dark in winter. SB

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast
Aside from the Photons on my key ring I typically carry one light,usually a foursevens Mini MLR or MLR2. I would probably carry a larger light like my MD2 but it is just too much bulk unless I am wearing a coat and have the extra pockets.I recently picked up an INOVA XP 2XAAA and have carried it along with a single AAA,CR123 or CR2 light.The XP's slim profile allows me to carry a 2nd larger light without adding much to my EDC profile.

15hushabomb

Newly Enlightened
I am usually carrying 4 all times. One on me and 2 in my EOD bag. One in my bag.

1) Olight M18 striker on my person at all times. Handy flashlight to have as its discrete and uses 18650 batteries. Also 800 lumens as well so awesome for defensive purposes.

2) Foursevens quark turbo 123. Awesome light and great throw.

3) Led Lenser MT7. 1st light ever purchased so has sentimental value. Awesome light to lend to a person. Still runs now.

4) Armytek Viking Pro 2.5. Newest light in the family. Will have to test soon and properly stretch it out

mudcamper

Newly Enlightened
Am i crazy or is the search for a good Light a never ending story?

You're asking the inmates of the asylum if you're crazy. Of course they are all going to tell you that you are not. If you ask anywhere else but here, most people would think you are a little crazy. Eccentric is perhaps a better word.

Even non-flashlight geeks probably can understand carrying two, if they are at all practical or preparedness minded. But more than that, you're eccentric. :)

Personally, when I plan on NOT needing a light, I carry three. When I plan on needing a light (like going camping or something) I carry five. If I plan on playing with them, it's even more.

mbw_151

Enlightened
I carry a Photon Freedom whenever I have clothes on and am not going into the water. Beyond that, I have an HDS in my briefcase, a Surefire/Malkoff and Minimus in my car, and another Surefire/ Malkoff and Minimus inmy desk at work. That's just the routine stuff. If I'm out in the city at night I add a Fenix E99Ti. If I'm in the great outdoors, that's a reason to grab a few more. At home there's light to use, loaners and spares. Three lights unreasonable, not even close.