how many lights do you carry?

radiopej

Enlightened
I've got my Fenix E99Ti around my neck almost all of the time. It only really comes off if I'm in the ocean or a pool, and that's if I'm staying for a while or going deeper.

My key and multi tool combo in my coin pocket is the Gerber Dime with an EagleTac D25C click. Then I have an Olight M10 on my belt which gets the most use when out and about.

I rotate an 18650 light in my bag, but there's always a spare PD32UE in the backpack with primaries.

Shaifnan

Newly Enlightened
At this moment i changed my EDC to two lights. The PD 35 (2014 edition) and the LD02. Because i didn't use the LD22 as much as the PD35 and LD02.

I have use the 18650 (3400 mah) from Fenix for the PD35.

FrankFlash

Newly Enlightened
My preferred EDCs change from time to time. Currently I have the Nitecore SRT5 in the original holster always at the belt. I'm a big fan of the magnetic ring control for brightness. At the key chain a got a Kraftmax X100E (small stainless steel AAA) and in my leatherman holster is always a Fenix E99 Ti. In my work jacket I got a LedLenser D14 and in my car a Solarforce L2N and a Jetbeam SRA40.

night.hoodie

Enlightened
Is this a contest? Today, only 9.
Arc AAA UV, Turnigy IR Thermometer, Fenix E05ss, Thorfire TS07 w/ 10440 Li-ion, FourSevens Atom A0 w/ Red LED, Bic, Maglite Solitaire w/ 3.2v & MiniMag lamp, Maratac AAA Cu Rev. 2, and OfficeMax mini red laser pointer.

cajbUuzt.jpg
6HwSV0Nt.jpg

All are used, Arc the least, Bic or Maratac the most, but they all have their purpose. I need an AAA green LED thrower... probably have to go custom because I can't find any from OEM.

Last edited:

Taz80

Enlightened
Three at work, SC62w, H600fw and H502. These are only those on my person and doesn't include my tool belt, bag or truck. Around the house or out shopping etc. I carry two, at the moment an EYE10 and M10 but this changes often. For night walks I always add a larger light or two, such as a Wildcat or LD60.

dale.gribble

Newly Enlightened
When I am at work I carry a Fenix ld20 on my person and a Fenix tk70 in the car. I also have a surefire x300 on my duty pistol.

When I am off duty, I carry a foursevens quark.

Amelia

Enlightened
Being small and weak, I only carry 2. An EagleTac D25A Ti Clicky N219 Emitter on my keys (too large for comfortable key carry, but I love the light and tint so I do it anyway). My other EDC light is a Nitecore SRT5, but it's too big and heavy so I'm going to try tge SRT3 for a change starting next week when it arrives. If that proves to be too large, I'll probably settle on a NW or multi-color Sunwayman of some flavor - I really like their lights!

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is this a contest? Today, only 9.
Arc AAA UV, Turnigy IR Thermometer, Fenix E05ss, Thorfire TS07 w/ 10440 Li-ion, FourSevens Atom A0 w/ Red LED, Bic, Maglite Solitaire w/ 3.2v & MiniMag lamp, Maratac AAA Cu Rev. 2, and OfficeMax mini red laser pointer.

cajbUuzt.jpg
6HwSV0Nt.jpg

All are used, Arc the least, Bic or Maratac the most, but they all have their purpose. I need an AAA green LED thrower... probably have to go custom because I can't find any from OEM.

Sir, I like the cut of your jib. :)

Being small and weak

No such thing, friend. It only should affect the size and aspect ratio of your selected gear. It reminds me of a friend of mine with really small hands. She happens to prefer AAAx1/10440 lights and .380 or smaller. So you choose the gear that fits.

Too big of a light has too many lumens or runtime hours. Too small has too few lumens or too few runtime minutes. It's a tough balancing act for anybody.

Amelia

Enlightened
No such thing, friend. It only should affect the size and aspect ratio of your selected gear. It reminds me of a friend of mine with really small hands. She happens to prefer AAAx1/10440 lights and .380 or smaller. So you choose the gear that fits.

Too big of a light has too many lumens or runtime hours. Too small has too few lumens or too few runtime minutes. It's a tough balancing act for anybody.

Yeah, I hear what you're saying. I like long-burning torches, but the extra bulk and weight of the batteries gets old.
I'm currently struggling with my Nitecore SRT5 - if it had a Neutral White or High CRI emitter, it would be almost my perfect EDC... but it's just too big. Hoping the SRT3 I ordered (it will be here next week) will fix that... the SRT5 is just on the edge of being too large/heavy.

Compromises everywhere - maybe someday we'll have fuel cell or Tritium batteries that will last 10X as long and weigh half as much! I can dream, right? :)

Until then... we do the best with all the options available, considering our limitations.

Chay

Newly Enlightened
On me, most of the time, I have a Fenix E15 attached to my keys and a LD02 that goes in my backpocket with my wallet.

GearHunter

Enlightened
Down to two now. Ditched the keychain light and sold the pd35. Now HDS clickie in my pocket and another in my work/truck bag.

MrJino

Enlightened
I carry 1 on me, it's very helpful to have on a keychain, you never know when you'll need one. Qr beta

I keep a ready made in my backpack, which follows me to work.

I keep a cheap light in my car, was a gift from a friend, works fairly well.

Prepped

Enlightened
Two. I always have a Ti2 on my keychain, what I carry otherwise varies now.

socom1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
Three or four for me, depending on if I'm in work uniform or civilian clothes:

- Surefire 2211 Luminox watchlight
- Eagletac D25 CM Titanium keyring light
- Malkoff MD2 Hi-Low+M61 219 leather belt pouch (work)
- HDS Rotary 200+AOTH Sharkskin belt pouch (off-work)
- Cool Fall 007 Tri-V2+Thor's Hammer belt pouch (off-work)

jmwking

Newly Enlightened
I usually have my two zebras - SC52w and H52Fw - and a spare battery. My phone, too, of course (ducks and covers...).

-jk