how many lights do you carry?

bubble

Enlightened
At least 2 or 3..
mostly Ti V10R with ku 18650 body and xp-g warm Led
HDS neutral rotary, lf2xt (ku Ti 3rd run)

JohnnyBravo

Enlightened
When working, usually 3. My single 16340 EDC in pant's pen pocket. An 18650 C8 light that I usually use on my bicycle's handlebar. And a single 16650 tactical light for backup. But just the first one on me; the other two are near my equipment or backpack. And on days off, just the EDC...

Father Azmodius

Enlightened
Today I had 6 lights, 1 headlight, and 26 batteries.

2 OR bodies (650and a 20)
2 cryos cooling heads (raw and black)
2 cryos cooling tails (raw and copper)
1 cryos 350 body in copper carbon fiber
1 FM copper cooling head

Then a TNC 18650 copper p60 host

An Olight S10 and Sunwayman V11 stay clipped to the bag

Last but not least.....a spark SX5

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast

1 FM copper cooling head

My man! :) :thumbsup:

magellan

Honorary Aussie

1 FM copper cooling head

:twothumbs :twothumbs :twothumbs

magellan

Honorary Aussie
My EDC set up varies somewhat, but this was it on a recent trip to Montreal, taken in the lounge at the Intercontinental hotel. This is what I had in my pockets.

Not shown but in my day pack I also had an Olight i3s EOS AAA light, two iTP A2 CR2 lights, a Sipik AA light, battery holders for about a dozen batteries, two Mophie 6000 mAh USB power banks, and several small USB battery chargers (Xtar, Steve Ku, etc.) for a total of 7 lights.

CooYoo cool white 10180 stainless USB rechargeable light

Peak Eiger neutral white 10180 stainless with narrow optic

Thrunite AAA TiS neutral white XP-G2 version

Steve Ku Ti 10180 battery holder

GearBest stainless 10180 battery holder

The two battery cases are carried in a small two loop ammunition type holder (not shown in photo) with a Velcro back so it doesn't slip out of my pocket.

Last edited:

Arctonaut

Newly Enlightened
Usually two on work days, and they rotate between pocket and backpack. 1 small light, and a 1x18650 light.

Today's line up is the Thrunite TN12 2016 NW and the Olight S1 Baton.

Yesterday's line up was a Thrunite Ti and the Fenix PD35tac.

LetThereBeLight!

Enlightened
Lost power at 10:25 p.m. two nights ago. Left pocket had Fenix E-15. Right pocket: NEBO keychain light clipped with Nitecore Tube, Eagletac D25AAA; D25C. Laptop bag right next to me: D25A, Manker A6, Nebo rechargable with self-encased 18650, and cheap reduced $2.00 light. Attached D25AAA's magnet to ceiling fan and smiled from ear to ear.

RickZ

Newly Enlightened
One is none, two is one, three is enough, four is tough.

So don't carry more than three unless you are nuts (or packin' key chains) or not working.

I carry two plus one in my backpack which I never go without when in out that has extra things like an umbrella and water, often I put other things in my backpack.
I used to carry extra batteries but not anymore I just pay attention. Carrying reliable flashlights replaces the idea of needing extra batteries or flashlights.

Luxpro lp600 (drop it in compactor and I can replace it in one day for cheap, sometimes I need I light up the compactor shoot) then coast hx 5, and only one of several key chain lights, typically the streamlight keymate for its size and useable light runtime. Then my backpack has a light plus the light from my bicycle. Technically this would mean leaving the house with 5 lights on the daily.

Often I don't use the hx5 because it lacks lux, so I often do not take it. If I now I need to use my flashlights for hours at a time, I'll then take the hp550, or extra batteries. Often I use NiMH in the lights, and take alkaline batteries as a backup, unless I know in gonna get nuts, then I'll take extra NiMH.

I'd never take less than 2, a key chain, and then my main ( one of many but typically a disposable flashlight because I tend to loose and break things, and I have never been mugged but there is always a first.)

The most I will take in one time is on a hike, two poket sized, the hp550, the key chain, a spotlight, and a disposable which I use for running downhill while the other lights are all zipped up in pack or holster. So one hikes 6, plus one or two more if I bike to my hiking point, which I guess I do often, which makes 8, if you count the one in my pack that I use for lighting up the inside of the pack, I could have 9 in my person at one time, when and if I get a headlamp, 10. Plus batteries for each light except the coast which has never ra out of power in the time ubuse it for.

RickZ

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, I hear what you're saying. I like long-burning torches, but the extra bulk and weight of the batteries gets old.
I'm currently struggling with my Nitecore SRT5 - if it had a Neutral White or High CRI emitter, it would be almost my perfect EDC... but it's just too big. Hoping the SRT3 I ordered (it will be here next week) will fix that... the SRT5 is just on the edge of being too large/heavy.

Compromises everywhere - maybe someday we'll have fuel cell or Tritium batteries that will last 10X as long and weigh half as much! I can dream, right? :)

Until then... we do the best with all the options available, considering our limitations.

Better batteries exist they are just not made for the public because you could never justify affording them, and when better stuff comes out(which is a paradox, because it already has,) you will still want better. Until it just gets stupid, but you know it will take until flashlights are pushing$100 for 10,000 lumens for 6 hours.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I'm in my jammies...so I only have two on me right now.

One cool to blind someone and one warm weapons grade to use david & goliath style if need be.

Within arms reach are more though....

d1ggs13

Newly Enlightened
I usually carry a small light on my keychain(prometheus Beta-QR or Quantum)and one in pocket(usually MAC Tri-EDC) I do a lot of work in basements and a light is always needed.

Father Azmodius

Enlightened
Last night's group (since I got called in at 1:30 and had to search the wooded road). Duluth firehose pants and a Carhartt vest makes it easy to carry them all. Anybody recognize the scissors?

SemiMan

Banned
Just one ..... really cool, it doubles as a communication device, portable computer, entertainment device ...... :)

Last edited:

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last night's group (since I got called in at 1:30 and had to search the wooded road). Duluth firehose pants and a Carhartt vest makes it easy to carry them all. Anybody recognize the scissors?

Love the firehose pants, have 2 pair. :)

Scissors appear to be electrician's scissors. I used to EDC a pair, plus an "electrician's knife" with a standard computer screwdriver on the side.

Ahh, those were the days.

Bigwilly

Flashlight Enthusiast
Today's pocket dump
38e7f4ac236ec4f59c999346d9f6e68f.jpg
C20Cvn, S1vn, SL2Cvn, TX25C2vn, TISvn, and Tubevn. Cold steel Recon1 tanto folder, Leatherman ST300 and Micra. IPV Mini II Vape.