Lightsaver miser guts fit sf 6p tail!

id30209

Flashlight Enthusiast
Guys, i was busy last days harassing Lightsaver manufacturer directly. Anyhow here is their respond:

"Hello Gordon.

I apologise for the late reply – the past few days we were looking at possible ways to assist you.

We did the replacement tail cap project quite a few years ago when the strongest LED was only 3 Watt – how quickly has technology advanced !

We have unfortunately developed printed circuit boards that can only handle up to 3.7V.

We can perhaps build up a few boards by hand - how many do you need ?

We will also need the full spec of the Sure Fire model that you want to use, to make sure that our chip interface will be compatible."

They will respond on Monday with the details. Long story short, they are willing to build switches but i think it will have more effect is as many of us send them email.
In numbers is our strength...
Their email is:
[email protected]

Last edited:

id30209

Flashlight Enthusiast
Id30209, what is it exactly that you are wanting the Lightsaver makers to make for you?

6-12V switch, similar as AWs was operating, at least.
Not to be limited on ebay and moody sellers...
If ther is a possibility to get a switch as you would like, why not to take a chance

Last edited:

DayofReckoning

Enlightened
6-12V switch

I've been heavily using my Lightsaver switch with two IMR 16340's since I got it, and have had zero issues. The op has been using his for a year with no issues. I think you are getting a little hung up on that "6V limit" the manufacturer has on it.

I'm not sure about 12V, that could be too much, but at the same time I'm pretty sure this switch can definitely handle more than the 6V they are specifying.

I don't know if someone with enough tech know how could tear one of these apart and be able to see exactly how much it could handle.

id30209

Flashlight Enthusiast
My plan is to build 3 liion setup, that's way i need it. Sorry if i didn't mentioned it previously.
Miser we all have is just fine with 2 liions.

DayofReckoning

Enlightened
My plan is to build 3 liion setup, that's way i need it. Sorry if i didn't mentioned it previously.

As cheap as these tailcaps are, maybe you could sacrifice one and try it with 3 Li-ion's. Maybe it will work just fine. Only one way to find out.;)

id30209

Flashlight Enthusiast
As cheap as these tailcaps are, maybe you could sacrifice one and try it with 3 Li-ion's. Maybe it will work just fine. Only one way to find out.;)

I agree and i already thought about but i had a big issues to talk into the seller to ship it to Europe. For you guys in US it's not a problem to order as much as you like but for me it's a nightmare. And shipping...

DayofReckoning

Enlightened
I agree and i already thought about but i had a big issues to talk into the seller to ship it to Europe. For you guys in US it's not a problem to order as much as you like but for me it's a nightmare. And shipping...

Very true :(

night.hoodie

Enlightened
LightSaver tailcaps have been available for maybe a decade? But far and away this is the best thread on CPF concerning them. It is interesting that the guts of the LightSaver for E-Series fits into standard P tailcaps, however, the LightSaver for C&P Series is not all that unattractive, and it tailstands.

The LightSaver Miser for E-Series has its charm, physically speaking, allows tailstanding, but is kind of bulky, as big as an Elite head.

Please tell Dirk what we really want is a LightSaver with much faster PWM, 11% L-> 33% M-> 100% H (each mode advance is triple the previous mode output) interface with no blinkies, that fits inside a z52 tailcap or z68 tailcap as a replacement, or inside a hypothetical LightSaver's z52 & z68 copy. E-Series is supposed to be compact, not bulky.

Last edited:

ma tumba

Flashlight Enthusiast

I just returned from the us where I picked two more misers. I do plan test one with 3 liions over the weekend

id30209

Flashlight Enthusiast
LightSaver tailcaps have been available for maybe a decade? But far and away this is the best thread on CPF concerning them. It is interesting that the guts of the LightSaver for E-Series fits into standard P tailcaps, however, the LightSaver for C&P Series is not all that unattractive, and it tailstands.

The LightSaver Miser for E-Series has its charm, physically speaking, allows tailstanding, but is kind of bulky, as big as an Elite head.

Please tell Dirk what we really want is a LightSaver with much faster PWM, 11% L-> 33% M-> 100% H (each mode advance is triple the previous mode output) interface with no blinkies, that fits inside a z52 tailcap or z68 tailcap as a replacement, or inside a hypothetical LightSaver's z52 & z68 copy. E-Series is supposed to be compact, not bulky.

Thank you for inputs, will send them an email straight away.

ma tumba

Flashlight Enthusiast
You should have told me to drop you some money :)
Yes, please! Since you have dozzens...We would appreciate your feedback after hard test.

LOL, have just 3, but I can get more, shipped to my us based friend

id30209

Flashlight Enthusiast
Noted DayofReckoning.
Before i send an email, please, all of you reading this and want to buy these switches (if they say yes) how much?
I do belive numbers are what every manufacturer is interested for.

DayofReckoning

Enlightened
I plan on sending an email to them explaining what we are looking for, and making it known to them that there are some of us that would gladly buy these new tailcaps, should they decide to make them for us.

id30209

Flashlight Enthusiast
I plan on sending an email to them explaining what we are looking for, and making it known to them that there are some of us that would gladly buy these new tailcaps, should they decide to make them for us.

That's what i was saying. Thumbsup!
Just go ahead, they're nice and will reply.
Here's the other email:
[email protected]

But don't forget i'm looking for 6P Z41,58,59 6-12V version
Or even better like AW switch, no matter what voltage always 30-60-100%

Last edited:

novice

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just sent Dirk an e-mail, telling him that in addition to desiring two e-series switches "officially" handling up to 7.4 volts, I also really wanted three of the 6v-12v tailcap switches of the type that they used to make for the 6P. I tried to project a sense of collective enthusiasm amongst my fellow CPFers and I, and I used the term "the bee's knees" in order to convey my abject sincerity. Keep those cards and letters coming, folks!