Malkoff AAA Flashlight? Now with poll.

Would you buy an AAA Malkoff light?

• Yes, regardless of options.

Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Yes, with qualifiers. I'm a Flashaholic, after all...

Votes: 15 57.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nichia!

Banned
Re: Malkoff AAA Flashlight?

I want to keep this thread alive and collect as many votes as possible and eventually send it to gene malkoff..

For me any new malkoff product is very welcome.

My opinion would not be different with regard to an AAA flashlight, especially considering that Gene has the ability to surprise us even in the simplest things, such as a flashlight that uses AA batteries, which is the case of the MDC AA model.

This particular model (MDC AA) is robust, small, ergonomic in hand, has an excellent clip, has a bit of modularity (uses the mcclicky button), has 3 light modes, and great beam quality / balance.

In addition to all these positive features the flashlight can serve as a weapon if a bezel ring is placed on the head.

I'm in love with this model (I would not be lying if I said I love all other malkoff models too).

The MDC AA model has a good runtime and the ideal size to hold the flashlight firmly and confidently.

AAA flashlight models usually require you to hold the lanterns with your fingertips.

I do not like this because I do not feel confident and it is not ergonomic.

Honestly I'm afraid that an AAA model of the MDC flashlight could compromise the modularity (the possibility of changing the bezel ring and the mclicky button) and especially the ergonomics.

I would not give up on these two factors (ergonomics and modularity) but I know Gene does miracles, so I would also like to see an AAA model of the MDC flashlight.

A malkoff model similar to the AAA streamlight flashlight would be interesting.

UpstandingCitizen

Enlightened

I'd put money down right now for a Malkoff AAA flashlight. Toss in a high cri nichia, keep it to one mode (or two to three with no pwm), and keep it overbuilt like all things Malkoff. Sold.

Javora

Enlightened

Made out of Stainless Steel or Titanium...

Gadgetman7

Enlightened

I'd definitely buy one. I'd like at least two modes. Continuous tightening to change modes if possible.

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast

High CRI, although not necessarily the 219b, is a must. I'd prefer a single output, but I'm flexible here.

Count me in.

redvalkyrie

Enlightened

I don't know about a 9v battery host...but I would love to see a AAA, hi-CRi with the ability to run 10440 cells as well--that way by default you could choose a lower AAA output or a higher 3.7 output. Malkoff did that with some earlier AA/14500 lights.

Nichia!

Banned

Anyone else want to see this happen?

bigfoot

Enlightened

Sounds awesome!

KISS with single-mode, high CRI or neutral tint, with around 60-80 lumens would be great. Doesn't need to be a barn burner. :D

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast

2 x AAA side by side design would be cool

Gt390

Newly Enlightened

I would buy one in an instant. Especially if it was kept simple. 1 or 2 modes at most and a little or a lot over built is fine with me.

JKolmo

Enlightened

Sure am interested! Simple, robust, no PWM, nice tint, hcri.