Malkoff "Hound Dog"

MrGman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Malkoff "Hound Dog" coming soon!

Does the 199$ price include md2/3/4 body or is it for the head only? In that case, it looks a bit pricey, but on the other hand, it's Malkoff!:D It really looks very tempting!

that is with a host of choice included.

The Coach

Enlightened

Gosh darn it!!! Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in. :ohgeez:

pulstar

Enlightened

Hummm, looks like a substitute for my Magcharger...:) 300m beam range- awesome!:twothumbs:D

civic77

Newly Enlightened

Gene should make a M61 that is rated at 325 lumens. I would love to have the XP-G driven this hard with the M61 beam shape. I could use an extra 60 lumens, the brighter the better!

MrGman

Flashlight Enthusiast

Gene should make a M61 that is rated at 325 lumens. I would love to have the XP-G driven this hard with the M61 beam shape. I could use an extra 60 lumens, the brighter the better!

The bigger hound doggie head has much more mass and heat sinking capability to make this possible yet keep it reliable. Plus those long floppy ears dangling in the wind make for great cooling fins.

arrrrhhhhhhwoooooooooooooooooooo. :crackup:

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic

Release the Hounds Gene!!! Owwwwwwwwwwwwwhhooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Malkoff Dog Pound member #1 here. :devil:

MrGman

Flashlight Enthusiast

Release the Hounds Gene!!! Owwwwwwwwwwwwwhhooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Malkoff Dog Pound member #1 here. :devil:

you cannot possibly be member #1. Since I have s/n 002 coming to me and helped generate the idea that put this into the works right after I tested and reported on the M61 (youtube videos under MrGman9999) when it came out, I was in the ultra top secret line before you knew there was a dog pound to be in. I was sworn to secrecy. You can be Dog Pound member #2. :party:

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic

Hey, it was my idea to form the dog pound, you can be #2. :nana:

Lots of pics Gman, lots of pics when you get it!!! :thumbsup:

MrGman

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hey, it was my idea to form the dog pound, you can be #2. :nana:

Lots of pics Gman, lots of pics when you get it!!! :thumbsup:

the dog pound idea was also "top secret" and now so will the pictures and videos be from you :party:.

But I will show them to everyone else who knows the secret blinky blinky light code. Unless you acquiesce to being DPM #2. :touche:

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic

I like the disclaimer in big, red letters:

WARNING: This light is capable of causing eye damage at close range. Please use the light responsibly!!!

That's not a warning, it's marketing.

Having met Gene, I would say that it is a warning. The guy is a straight shooter.

Bill

Last edited:

civic77

Newly Enlightened

Ah, good point, I didn't think of heat sinking capacity. Think Gene will eventually offer just the head for sale?

The bigger hound doggie head has much more mass and heat sinking capability to make this possible yet keep it reliable. Plus those long floppy ears dangling in the wind make for great cooling fins.

arrrrhhhhhhwoooooooooooooooooooo. :crackup:

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic

the dog pound idea was also "top secret" and now so will the pictures and videos be from you :party:.

But I will show them to everyone else who knows the secret blinky blinky light code. Unless you acquiesce to being DPM #2. :touche:

Ok ok, you can be the dog pound president, after all, you are the Malkoff Junkie president. :D

MrGman

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ah, good point, I didn't think of heat sinking capacity. Think Gene will eventually offer just the head for sale?

Already answered this. Not at first, he has two runs of lights that will be offered as complete light assemblies with your choice of host but he did say eventually he would sell the head as he sells the wildcat head now.

funkymonkey1111

Enlightened

not to hijack this, but mrgman, do you know when any wildcats are coming out?

MrGman

Flashlight Enthusiast

not to hijack this, but mrgman, do you know when any wildcats are coming out?

This light is wildy popular :crackup: and he always has more batches being machined or anodized or somewhere in the works. There will be another batch along in a couple weeks. You should always be signed up for email notification and on his members list so that you get as much early notice as possible when things come out for this or any other model light or module he makes as a general rule. Because when he has a batch out there and every one gets notified, they will be sold rather quickly.

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast

This hound dog light will likely hit 350 plus OTF.....Gene advertises like Surefire and is very conservative which is :twothumbs

Here are the benefits I see:
  • More throw
  • More throw then Mag XP-G builds?
  • More heatsinking material
  • At 1.5A XP-G R5's tint looks more white....really I have noticed that when you drive XP-G's at lower currents tint is kinda green. At 1.4~1.8A = it majically turns white. Is this also seen by others?
Im okay with being Hound Dog member #007

donn_

Flashaholic

More throw than Mag XP-G builds?

I don't think so. At comparable drive current and with a comparably high quality reflector, I'd expect the Mag build to out-throw the McR38.