Malkoff "Hound Dog"

bigfoot

Enlightened
48877979496_e0d0fb0432_o.jpg

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Thanks to MF I ended up getting the 5" Maxpedition flashlight pouch. Very nice quality and fits my 18650 HD perfect.Got an outdoor wedding to go to tomorrow at sunset time. Think it would be to tacky to show up with that on my belt?😁

bigfoot

Enlightened
Thanks! :) Honestly, been reaching for it the most! Late to the party, but I'm really enjoying having the 18650 rechargeable cells for the guilt-free lumens.

I think what has surprised me has been the real-world low mode output (definitely waaay more than "30 lumens"), and how it renders colors pretty accurately compared to even the 219B modules that recently arrived.

bigfoot

Enlightened
Appreciate the very kind words and thanks for posting the link. :) Great to be part of such an awesome community here, so many friendly and knowledgable folks!

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks to MF I ended up getting the 5" Maxpedition flashlight pouch. Very nice quality and fits my 18650 HD perfect.Got an outdoor wedding to go to tomorrow at sunset time. Think it would be to tacky to show up with that on my belt?
I think a wedding is more of an HDS event, and I don't mean Hound Dog Super.
P

scout24

Flashaholic
HD 18650 on your belt at a wedding? I'll bet Hogo could whip you up a holster that was wedding event worthy! (Not to cross contaminate subforums... :) )

5001craig

Newly Enlightened
Anyone have any experience what happens to a Hound Dog approximately seven minutes after being turned-on (MD4 with new fully charged batteries)?

Reason I ask is I did this today and the high seemed more like low after this amount of time. After a short time it was bright again when turned back on.

5001craig

Newly Enlightened
It doesn't step down really. Might be a battery problem.

Interesting. And thanks for the input.

I recently ordered four new 18650 KeepPower 3600 mAh NCR18650G protected Button Top batteries. Fully charged a new set last night. Both sets have a cycle or two on them but not nearly to the point of kicking-in the protection circuit.

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone have any experience what happens to a Hound Dog approximately seven minutes after being turned-on (MD4 with new fully charged batteries)?

Reason I ask is I did this today and the high seemed more like low after this amount of time. After a short time it was bright again when turned back on.

I did a runtime test a while ago and from experience, i haven't had this issue. Sounds like a battery issue as been mentioned.

I have run other tests but i think they were primaries or other cells that did what you are saying.

It's like the cell (s) can't handle the load and keep up, then they get enough back to run the light again. I don't recall the details but I have experienced similar on different setups during testing