New Inova X1?

mrdctaylor

Newly Enlightened
Re: new inova x1 at target

No luck at the Target in Waco, TX--unless another CPFer bought 'em up before I got there last night. :)

They only had 3 X1s and all were the old model.

Wong

Newly Enlightened

I am very keen to buy 1 :) Anyone have extra or willing to help me ? I am from Singapore and will prefer payment via paypal :)

:thanks: Sam :) :thumbsup: Got mine and like it :)

Thanks and regards
Wong

Last edited:

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast

Nyctophiliac said:
...was much brighter than my original X1 bought two years ago...

Update: I've now tried the others in all the shops near me - thay're all just as dim ( bright?) as the one I've had for years. I guess I've been very lucky in finding one that's so bright!

It really is very striking!!

Solstice

Flashlight Enthusiast

Nyctophiliac said:
Update: I've now tried the others in all the shops near me - thay're all just as dim ( bright?) as the one I've had for years. I guess I've been very lucky in finding one that's so bright!

It really is very striking!!

Just wait till you try the reflectored version. At distances under 20 feet, it makes the old version look like a joke! :D

daloosh

Flashaholic*,

Hey guys, thanks for the pics and info, I guess Target is calling me. Hmm, I could return the RRAA and 2Cs and get an Inova. I gotta think about that a bit...
daloosh

zespectre

Flashlight Enthusiast

CRUD, I was JUST at Target picking up some new binocs for birdspotting and I totally bypassed the flashlight display. Now I've got to go back <grrrrr>.

BlackDecker

Enlightened

Read this thread, went by my local Target and picked up one of the new X1's. I had stayed away from the old model as I find spot beams useless. This one is very useful. It reminds me of my Fenix L1P, only it is slightly longer. Quality seems to be very good for a <$20 light.

InovaX1a.jpg

Some posters in this thread have stated the new X1 comes with a lanyard... this was not the case with mine. It came with a nylon holster very similar to what came with my Fenix L1P.

Last edited:

Numbers

Enlightened

Please excuse my lack of knowledge but would this new x1 be a good light to use to suck the last bit of energy out of previously used primary 123's?

D@rk Messenger

Enlightened

Numbers said:
Please excuse my lack of knowledge but would this new x1 be a good light to use to suck the last bit of energy out of previously used primary 123's?

it used to use aa, still does, never used 123a in the x1, what you are talking about is the x0.

BlackDecker

Enlightened

D@rk Messenger said:
wonder what's taking them so long to make a luxeon x1, now that would put them in the big leagues.

Good point... a $20 X1 with a 1watt Luxeon would be a Fenix L1P killer.

D@rk Messenger

Enlightened

BlackDecker said:
Good point... a $20 X1 with a 1watt Luxeon would be a Fenix L1P killer.
if they decided to get a really good r or u bin though, then it would make the light at least $30-35

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast

D@rk Messenger said:
it used to use aa, still does, never used 123a in the x1, what you are talking about is the x0.
....or the X5. I and a lot of others use the 5-led X5 to drain 123 lithium cells after they've outlived their usefulness in other lights.

-Keith

D@rk Messenger

Enlightened

BlackDecker said:
Read this thread, went by my local Target and picked up one of the new X1's. I had stayed away from the old model as I find spot beams useless. This one is very useful. It reminds me of my Fenix L1P, only it is slightly longer. Quality seems to be very good for a <$20 light.

InovaX1a.jpg

Some posters in this thread have stated the new X1 comes with a lanyard... this was not the case with mine. It came with a nylon holster very similar to what came with my Fenix L1P.
That reminds me, i thought it could be significantly shorter than the one with the optic, since optics such as collimators need the extra length, with a shorter body and a luxeon led, i think that it would be the makings of best light for 2006(considering the price is much less than the fenix from last year, as well as a flawless HA III finish)

Numbers

Enlightened

Sorry,
I have read about the x 5 to drain 123's but thought I read also that a one cell light was better than a 2 cell. Did not realize that this one was aa powered. Sorry for not researching first.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast

Numbers said:
Sorry,
I have read about the x 5 to drain 123's but thought I read also that a one cell light was better than a 2 cell. Did not realize that this one was aa powered. Sorry for not researching first.

The red X5s use only one cell... that's specifically why I bought one.

Numbers

Enlightened

I will just give up for tonight -- The Bright Guy web site indicates that x5's including red led ones take 2 cells. I will do more research before I come back to this topic.
Thanks for your understanding!

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast

Brightguy.com is great, but the website is wrong... I assure you.

I'm sitting right here with a black Inova X5 with red LEDs and it only takes one cell.

I super duper promise!

icon10.gif