New Malkoff MDC in the works.

samuraishot

Enlightened
The head of the MDC will fit an E Series light and will be available separately. There will be 3v and 6v heads available. However, initially only the 3v head will have multimode capability.

Thanks, Gene

Niiice :D

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll buy a couple regardless of the set up - Gene and Cathy are the best, and it probably goes without saying that the quality will be outstanding.

Having said that, I like neutral, but I REALLY like the snow white tint that I get from my XPG2 Wildcat. It sounds as though the tint may be similar. And although optics have merit, my personal preference is a reflector. As for blinky modes, levels, etc, not a big deal, but I do like the fact that this light will always come on in "high" (if I read correctly.)

This is really exciting news. I'd missed it until scout24 gave me a heads up...

Oh, and Gene/Cathy - congrats on hiring a full time employee! Great to see an entrepreneur doing well - I think your future will be very bright (no pun intended.)

;)

Mikeg23

Enlightened
The head of the MDC will fit an E Series light and will be available separately. There will be 3v and 6v heads available. However, initially only the 3v head will have multimode capability.

Thanks, Gene

Now this sounds interesting! I'll have to wait for a warm or HCRI but can't wait to see how this unfolds!

Last edited:

Tracker II

Enlightened
I hope that the MDC will have the appropriate amount of knurling goodness. The reason that the Little Twisty is the only Malkoff I don't own is that it doesn't seem to match the rest of the Malkoff line with it's lack of knurling.

ToNIX

Enlightened
I hope that the MDC will have the appropriate amount of knurling goodness. The reason that the Little Twisty is the only Malkoff I don't own is that it doesn't seem to match the rest of the Malkoff line with it's lack of knurling.

Good point, I agree with this :D

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been thinking about the name and I love how you didn't call it the "Malkoff EDC" but instead, the "Malkoff MDC"

I think had you named it as "Malkoff EDC" it would potentially get less attention due to getting mixed up with generic EDCs, but since y'all are differentiating it as "Malkoff Daily Carry" that should definitely be a good boost for its future success.

twl

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been thinking about the name and I love how you didn't call it the "Malkoff EDC" but instead, the "Malkoff MDC"

I think had you named it as "Malkoff EDC" it would potentially get less attention due to getting mixed up with generic EDCs, but since y'all are differentiating it as "Malkoff Daily Carry" that should definitely be a good boost for its future success.

I agree that's a great name for it!

scout24

Flashaholic
In post #7's quoted email from Gene, he says he hopes to have a few ready by SHOT show, but no promises.