*new* Olight H1 Nova

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
i have Tiara Pro C1 too. robust as hell. that's the one which i seldom dared to wear on my head, a frikkin weight and size monster! sure, bomb proof, 10m water dunk resistance, 10m fall drop resistance. but then again an overkill for when i want to use a headlamp. just now i peeled an orange at my other darker desk. put on the H1 as if i were switching on the desktop light!, meaning i wouldn't have ever considered putting the chunky Tiara Pro on my head !

if i were in a civil war, fire fighter, i'd finally agree to take the AT with me and wear it on top of a helmet. besides, i would probably never wear a 18650 headlight. if i needed a headlamp with 18650 power e.g. for extended work outdoors, i'd simply pack up my things and go home :crackup:

just saying that the H1, prolly the smallest and lightest CR123A headlamp out on the market, is like an EDW (everyday wear) light. if i actually need robustez for a certain lighting/diving situation, i'll pick the Tiara okay. but in all other instances the H1 is the always the pick, without even thinking.

Oh Kreisl, I forgot to mention in my other post that if you want to lighten up your Tiara Pro, order the non-magnetic tailcap from Armytek. It shaves 13 grams off and also shortens the light by 7mm. It makes a pretty big difference. I run the non magnetic tailcap on both my Tiara and Prime Pro most of the time because I seldom need the magnet and prefer the length and weight reduction.

Last edited:

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the design of it. And while Zebralight has many available brightness levels I like the simplicity of H1 Nova. The brightness levels of Nova H1 are very well spaced. I will get the neutral version of it.

Lumenwolf

Enlightened
Anyone know how the rechargeable batteries fair against the supplied one as its more than double the MAh?

AvroArrow

Enlightened
my Like New (old but unused) Nietcore 16340 sustains 1min15sec before the sudden drop. i hate that battery!!
my abused Eagtac 16340 sustains 3min, then gradually reduces output for 1min, as per Design Spec. a subsequent run gets only 1.5min Turbo-mode, then the sudden drop.
my Keeppower 16340 doesn't fit in the H1, too long. i tried to extend the H1 threads with a copper ring but my mod was too rough and no electrical connection was established. i gave up for good reason. the KP16340 works in my S1-Ti without problems because of the non-anodized threads.

16340 batteries are kind of pricey. me not likey!!

Thanks for your data points. Yeah, I bought it intending to use it with my RCR123s but since none of my 8+ cells can sustain Turbo in any meaningful fashion, it's going back. The CRI on their "neutral" is quite poor compared to Nichia 219s (expected) but even my other 4000-4500k XML/XPG have better color rendering.

iamlucky13

Flashlight Enthusiast
For those praising the Armytek C1/Pro, have they fixed the circuitry bugs? I see in the other thread a couple people having to reset their lights using 2xAA and wire/paperclip? It's also a fair bit heavier than the H32w and H52w. Does it feel heavier? That's one of the reasons I've avoided 18650 headlamps due to their bulk and weight.

As there doesn't seem to be a large number of Armytek users here, it's hard to get much data. I've had my Tiara A1 Pro for about two months now without issues, but sporadic issues can't be judged based on individual cases.

I don't think the 2 x AA reset was so much a bug as the compromise with what Armytek was seeking to do - allow the use of both regular AA's and unprotected lithium ions. Brand new AA's have a lower voltage than the safe minimum for lithium ions. Thus, if the light is in protection mode, it can't work with AA's.

The catch is AA's are then not a good backup for lithium-ions, and accidentally activating the protection mode is a major annoyance.

Maybe Armytek can come up with a better way of managing this, but I'm not sure how that might be accomplished. For the time being, I think buyers should consider it normal behavior and decide whether or not it might cause problems for them.

It should be a lesser issue with a C1 Pro than withe A1 Pro because a freshly charged CR123A should be above the lithium-ion protection voltage. As far as I know, it's a non-issue with the non-Pro versions because they don't have their own low voltage protection.

Oh Kreisl, I forgot to mention in my other post that if you want to lighten up your Tiara Pro, order the non-magnetic tailcap from Armytek. It shaves 13 grams off and also shortens the light by 7mm. It makes a pretty big difference. I run the non magnetic tailcap on both my Tiara and Prime Pro most of the time because I seldom need the magnet and prefer the length and weight reduction.

I can't believe I didn't think of this when I bought mine. It's such an obvious option, and I was concerned about the size and weight of the Tiara.

It's not unreasonably heavy, but it's definitely not a jogging light.

Last edited:

Andrey

Newly Enlightened
Rechargeable H1R Nova. Posted in another thread.

flashlight_olight_h1r_11-750x750.jpg