New SWM M11R Titanium

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I solved the problem using primary cells, the light does no longer flash. Besides I rotate so many lights that each one gets a very limited use and if a few of them are fed by primaries it is not really a big problem.

Gatsby

Enlightened
I'd like a V10r - or more specifically I'd really like a V11r ti - like so many others. This light in al or ti just doesnt make much sense to me from a UI perspective...

Keeping hope alive for a V11r ti!

octaf

Flashlight Enthusiast
My replacement light is periodically flashing like a beacon from the off position. I have an Eagletac 16340 in it right now and it seems to have a mind of it own. I have also tried a Zebralight 14500 and an AW 16340 and the flashing was worse. My first light consistently flashed every 3 and a half minutes. I guess I may have to return the light unless Sunwayman can fix it.

Hello, Sirius owners.

I bought M11R Sirius last year, and found out that mine has a flashing problem at off position and battery drainage problem.
I sent it back to SWM thru the dealer I purchased. SWM was nice and kindly answered all my questions in timely manner.
I got my 'Sirius' back from SWM thru the dealer in Jan, this year. It seemed that the problem was solved at first, and then, I found out again that my light still has the flashing problem. Flashing is much less than before, and also is the battery drainage. But still, it has the random flashing problem at off position.
Any observation, thought, or advise would be appreciated.

ceramichip2

Newly Enlightened
Hello, Sirius owners.

I bought M11R Sirius last year, and found out that mine has a flashing problem at off position and battery drainage problem.
I sent it back to SWM thru the dealer I purchased. SWM was nice and kindly answered all my questions in timely manner.
I got my 'Sirius' back from SWM thru the dealer in Jan, this year. It seemed that the problem was solved at first, and then, I found out again that my light still has the flashing problem. Flashing is much less than before, and also is the battery drainage. But still, it has the random flashing problem at off position.
Any observation, thought, or advise would be appreciated.

I suggest you return your light for a refund and move on. That's what I did.

kreisl

Flashlight Enthusiast
and battery drainage problem.

last year i posted my observations as customer review on a seller's site, here a copy paste:

PROS
+ valuable, exclusive, unique
+ rich user interface
+ awesome looks and feel, to die for
+ superb holster, presentation, accessories
+ really great beam pattern, uniform tint
+ maintenance-free magnet control ring, dentationing of control ring does not need lubrication or whatnot
+ sufficient brightness and up to specs (confirmed Fenix lumen measurements: 98lm on Eneloop, 268lm on CR123A, 309lm on Li-Ion)
+ suitable as gift for non-flashaholics and flashaholics alike

CONS
- inoffensive lime tint (for a XM-L emitter ;) exactly as seen on the XYZ product page
- impractical access to Firefly mode
- needs practice to get to auxiliary modes
- no lockout possible; standby current drain maybe low, normal or high depending on your sample
- finish could be shinier and with less machining marks
- Ti AA extender may not fit, finish doesn't match either
- extremely cheap flimsy pocket clip. it's the worst.
- questionable brightness stabilization on 1.2V vs 3.7V batteries
- too heavy and clunky for practical deployment
- limited to 800pcs but no serial number
- much more costly than M11R Mr Elfin

XYZ offers this particular product at bulk pricing/volume/wholesale discounts, just get your personal quote for 1pc which will be much lower than the MAP. The Sirius is beautiful and a premium quality product by a premium brand, and if it cost less than say 120 bucks, it would be imho a highly attractive offering and affordable. The pocket clip is thin, flimsy, cheap and it could break anytime, on the other hand who is really gonna carry this jewel around in dungarees lol. Is it worth all the money? Forget about the money for one moment and think about passing time. If you regard this timelessly beautiful piece of art as some jewel, then you'll cherish, admire and appreciate it now as much as in future. Keep it in mint condition and you'll never think of it lower. Perpetual joy bringer guaranteed!

Here some technical data:
In a sphere lightbox calibrated after Fenix lights, the Turbo-mode outputs 98 Fenix ANSI lumens on Eneloop AA (with AA extender), 268lm on CR123A, and 309lm on Li-Ion (14500 or RCR123). Because of these low lumens, the light does not get hot and it would be safe to operate it for extended periods of time. And the standby current drain depends on your sample and the cell inside. On my sample and Eneloop AA, the drain is jumpy between 64…79uA, so the average would be ~71.5uA, and on 14500 the drain is jumpy between 5…51uA, so the average would be ~28uA. According to SWM website the specs is 50uA (which cell chemistry?), which is the pseudo mean between the two averages of ~71.5 and ~28uA. Note that other Sirius owners reported higher pseudo means, e.g. ~122/~57uA (116…128 / 40…74uA) or even ~300/~100uA (275…312 / 100…150uA), which is up to 4x times higher than on my sample.
I did a standby current drain discharge test; it started with my cell#2 (830mAh measured capacity) at 4.208V and after 4.0 weeks the Protected Trustfire 14500 was at 4.164V, so the total "voltage loss" was 44mV including the cell's natural self-discharge rate. A fantastic result! The light was reviewed in more detail on the Spanish blogs and forums, google term < sirius m11r linternas > and you'll find the great review.

octaf

Flashlight Enthusiast
I suggest you return your light for a refund and move on. That's what I did.

Thank you for your advise. Maybe that's the final option I have.
I wrote an email to SWM and waiting for their reply.

octaf

Flashlight Enthusiast
last year i posted my observations as customer review on a seller's site, here a copy paste:

PROS
+ valuable, exclusive, unique
+ rich user interface
+ awesome looks and feel, to die for
+ superb holster, presentation, accessories
+ really great beam pattern, uniform tint
+ maintenance-free magnet control ring, dentationing of control ring does not need lubrication or whatnot
+ sufficient brightness and up to specs (confirmed Fenix lumen measurements: 98lm on Eneloop, 268lm on CR123A, 309lm on Li-Ion)
+ suitable as gift for non-flashaholics and flashaholics alike

CONS
- inoffensive lime tint (for a XM-L emitter ;) exactly as seen on the XYZ product page
- impractical access to Firefly mode
- needs practice to get to auxiliary modes
- no lockout possible; standby current drain maybe low, normal or high depending on your sample
- finish could be shinier and with less machining marks
- Ti AA extender may not fit, finish doesn't match either
- extremely cheap flimsy pocket clip. it's the worst.
- questionable brightness stabilization on 1.2V vs 3.7V batteries
- too heavy and clunky for practical deployment
- limited to 800pcs but no serial number
- much more costly than M11R Mr Elfin

XYZ offers this particular product at bulk pricing/volume/wholesale discounts, just get your personal quote for 1pc which will be much lower than the MAP. The Sirius is beautiful and a premium quality product by a premium brand, and if it cost less than say 120 bucks, it would be imho a highly attractive offering and affordable. The pocket clip is thin, flimsy, cheap and it could break anytime, on the other hand who is really gonna carry this jewel around in dungarees lol. Is it worth all the money? Forget about the money for one moment and think about passing time. If you regard this timelessly beautiful piece of art as some jewel, then you'll cherish, admire and appreciate it now as much as in future. Keep it in mint condition and you'll never think of it lower. Perpetual joy bringer guaranteed!

Here some technical data:
In a sphere lightbox calibrated after Fenix lights, the Turbo-mode outputs 98 Fenix ANSI lumens on Eneloop AA (with AA extender), 268lm on CR123A, and 309lm on Li-Ion (14500 or RCR123). Because of these low lumens, the light does not get hot and it would be safe to operate it for extended periods of time. And the standby current drain depends on your sample and the cell inside. On my sample and Eneloop AA, the drain is jumpy between 64…79uA, so the average would be ~71.5uA, and on 14500 the drain is jumpy between 5…51uA, so the average would be ~28uA. According to SWM website the specs is 50uA (which cell chemistry?), which is the pseudo mean between the two averages of ~71.5 and ~28uA. Note that other Sirius owners reported higher pseudo means, e.g. ~122/~57uA (116…128 / 40…74uA) or even ~300/~100uA (275…312 / 100…150uA), which is up to 4x times higher than on my sample.
I did a standby current drain discharge test; it started with my cell#2 (830mAh measured capacity) at 4.208V and after 4.0 weeks the Protected Trustfire 14500 was at 4.164V, so the total "voltage loss" was 44mV including the cell's natural self-discharge rate. A fantastic result! The light was reviewed in more detail on the Spanish blogs and forums, google term < sirius m11r linternas > and you'll find the great review.

Thank you for your wonderful infos.
I'm no technical guy, so all I can say is that the fully charged RCR bat was totally drained in a week or two. I do not know whether it is caused by flashing, or standby current.
After the service by SWM, it seems that the battery drainage is not like before, but the flashing at off is still there.

germed

Newly Enlightened
My Sirius does something odd and I would like to know whether I am alone with this behaviour.

I have a dozen RCR123 cells all by AW. I noticed yesterday that with 2 or 3 of them the M11R when it is off flashes from time to time like a beacon. With the other 10 or so it does not.
Initially I used this light with the primary cell supplied by the seller and nothing strange happened, then I put into it an AW RCR123 and ditto. At the third or fourth cell replacement, always with AW's, the light started flashing. I changed the cell and it stopped.
Now I have seen that with 2 or 3 AW's it does that while with the remaining ones it does not. The voltage of the cells out of the charger is the same so the only explanation that comes to my mind is that a slightly different internal resistance plays this trick with the light's circuit.

Any similar experience and/or comment?

i have axactly the same flashing and its pattern is very strange too sometimes 2 fast and 1 single then a longer break and it sends single falshes in 20sec. intervals. btu the flashes are not as strong as in beacon mode then is comes 3 fast flashes like is send some code.

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
i have axactly the same flashing and its pattern is very strange too sometimes 2 fast and 1 single then a longer break and it sends single falshes in 20sec. intervals. btu the flashes are not as strong as in beacon mode then is comes 3 fast flashes like is send some code.

You don't say whether this happens with an RCR and/or with a primary. As I said above I solved it permanently by using only primaries in this light.

germed

Newly Enlightened
You don't say whether this happens with an RCR and/or with a primary. As I said above I solved it permanently by using only primaries in this light.

yes sorry it only happens with an rcr with primary no flash in standby but with primary the low mode is to low its almost like firefly mode.

i try to messure the battery drain but my mulimeter doesnt show anything that low i guess