PF20! Flashaholic Get Together: NJ, NY, PA, CT Area +

Stan671

Enlightened
Sorry, folks, but I am not going to be able to get my hands on a pair of beefy car batteries to power the tank light. Maybe next time.

jdriller

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have really been striking out with the PF's lately. My niece will be graduating college on the 18th. If we can get back and there is enough time, I will make the drive down! It has been a while and I would like to see everyone!

jkid1911

Enlightened
How are we looking for snacks, drinks, cups, plates, napkins?

I'll be bringing 2 Plain Pizza's and 2 Gallons of Iced Tea. These are gladly on me, however I could bring a few more if attendees didn't mind donating a couple of bucks to the cause.....hey Scott, let me know what you think.

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll be bringing 2 Plain Pizza's and 2 Gallons of Iced Tea. These are gladly on me, however I could bring a few more if attendees didn't mind donating a couple of bucks to the cause.....hey Scott, let me know what you think.

Jkid, that sounds great! Around dinnertime, we typically collect some cash from anyone interested and place a group pizza order. I see that as no problem, though, in that your pizza will more than likely be gone well before that point! Basically a pizza appetizer before a pizza dinner. :)

Wade, cups and plates are often overlooked, so actually that's a great idea. Food and beverages (non-alcoholic, which you already know, but I mention for our new attendees' benefit) are likewise welcome. We've never been particularly organized about who's bringing what, and have done surprisingly well given that arrangement. I'll be optimistic that all of us will put together a nice spread this time around, too.

On a more general note (with apologies for the moment of introspection), this will be a nice gathering for me: been working away from home more than usual and have had very little free time... heck, haven't even had as much time for modding as I would have hoped... which is a mixed blessing in supporting my family, but also leaving me constantly playing catchup with my existing modding backlog. It will be nice to see some friendly faces once again, plus add some new ones. I'm looking forward to it.

TEEJ

Flashaholic
Jkid, that sounds great! Around dinnertime, we typically collect some cash from anyone interested and place a group pizza order. I see that as no problem, though, in that your pizza will more than likely be gone well before that point! Basically a pizza appetizer before a pizza dinner. :)

Wade, cups and plates are often overlooked, so actually that's a great idea. Food and beverages (non-alcoholic, which you already know, but I mention for our new attendees' benefit) are likewise welcome. We've never been particularly organized about who's bringing what, and have done surprisingly well given that arrangement. I'll be optimistic that all of us will put together a nice spread this time around, too.

On a more general note (with apologies for the moment of introspection), this will be a nice gathering for me: been working away from home more than usual and have had very little free time... heck, haven't even had as much time for modding as I would have hoped... which is a mixed blessing in supporting my family, but also leaving me constantly playing catchup with my existing modding backlog. It will be nice to see some friendly faces once again, plus add some new ones. I'm looking forward to it.

Looking forward to seeing you again too buddy. Thanks again for making this all happen!

:D

TEEJ

Flashaholic
I'll need directions.

What time should we arrive? how late do these meetings usually last?

I PM'd you the address.

I think we show up any time in the afternoon, I don't remember it being a set time per se. (Scott, feel free to delineate as appropriate) :D

We stay pretty darn late typically, as, well, that's when its DARK. :devil:

Figure at this time of the year, 9 pm or so is about as early as earnest flashlight use would kick in. (Dusk is 8:40 or so), and the lighting end of things kicks off. Before that, its mostly socializing and show and tell sort of stuff.

Juggernaut

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just checked my inbox, guess I shouldn't be surprised that the Address PM form many years ago is no longer there.:ohgeez: Anyway someone can shoot me the address thanks:).

Last edited:

ledmitter_nli

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yo what's up. Where's my NYC crew? We rolling tomorrow or what? Like a line of Escalades.