ReyLight Ti Lan Proto Review

gunga

Flashaholic
That's nice. Details? Where to get?

It's a bit embarrassing. I bought two from Kaidomain but don't remember which is which. The descriptions and pictures don't help.

I'm Pretty sure it was this one

http://www.kaidomain.com/p/S021692.15mm-25-Degree-LED-Lens-1pc

Could have been the following one but I think this may fit an olight s1a and be made for xml2. I'm unsure.

http://www.kaidomain.com/p/S021430.15mm-x-9mm-LED-Glass-Lens-(1-Piece)-Clearance

Anyway. The optic is a perfect fit in a pineapple or ti lan. It provides a beam similar to an olight optic but the beam is a bit wider. A nice fat spot. I think there may be some artifacts (small) in the beam and an odd square corona (like the olight optic). I'll test some more tonight with the glass lens.

ktsl

Newly Enlightened
Really excited to get mine today. However...

The switch/drive is faulty. It usually takes 2~3 clicks to turn on to low. For subsequent levels, it can also take more clicks than just an off and an on...

I guess for sites like massdrop customer service is out of the question... oh well

hbk_rey

Enlightened
Really excited to get mine today. However...

The switch/drive is faulty. It usually takes 2~3 clicks to turn on to low. For subsequent levels, it can also take more clicks than just an off and an on...

I guess for sites like massdrop customer service is out of the question... oh well

switch burnt due to high current of 14500. sorry will send you a replacement switch. pls pm ur shipping address.

phosphor22

Enlightened
Great light Rey!
Thanks for the optic tip gunga!
Waiting on the remainder of my trits - have one in the switch already...

Soon... copper ?
Curious about whether it will it have the body style of the Pineapple because of the weight reduction (since LAN has more mass)?

Last edited:

hbk_rey

Enlightened
Great light Rey!
Soon... copper ?
Curious about whether it will it have the body style of the Pineapple because of the weight reduction (since LAN has more mass)?

Will have damascus and mokume.
QQ20170608175341_zpspnavjbuz.jpg

Mattj96

Newly Enlightened
Definitely #1.
About when do you think these Damascus lights are going up?

glimmer

Newly Enlightened
#1 looks better, although one could argue #2 would be more functional.

Any estimate of the timing for the next batch?

phosphor22

Enlightened
Also, just a thought -- the concentric rings in the middle section of the brass Pineapple serve a nice ergonomic purpose regarding grip.

Last edited: