ReyLight Ti Lan Proto Review

xevious

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok. Some people have asked about trit installs on this light. I'll provide some info.

I get my trits and norland 61 at mixglo.com. You will need 10x of the 1.5x6mm trits. I use a Jaxman U1 UV light (365nm) but any good UV light will do. Sunlight also works well but it's a bit tricky for the trits at the end.
Thanks for telling us about MixGlo.com, gunga. I just received my first shipment from them and their service is absolutely superb.

• The tritium is totally sealed in a metal foil plastic bag, which I think makes it very difficult to detect the extremely small amount of radioactivity from the tritium--thus, no worries on shipment rejections.
  • The case that the tritium is stored inside is a rectangle of dense foam with a small rectangle excavated for the tritium. A little wadding of cotton goes over that to keep the tritium gently in place. And then a thin top layer of foam goes over that, which is then tucked into a snap closure plastic case. All of this is tucked into that foil/plastic bag.
  • The Norland NOA61 comes in a tiny screw cap plastic bottle, the kind used for eye drops. That is sealed in a plastic bag and then tucked inside a sealed foil/plastic bag, which is then fitted inside a small segment of PVC. Incidentally, the 1cc of NOA61 looks so incredibly small, you'd think it's not enough... but it definitely is, probably good for seating a dozen trits.

It would be nice if they'd include a mini pipette. I used that before and it's really terrific for application of Norland. Unfortunately, due to the nature of Norland, it's usually only good for 2 applications at most. But I do agree that wooden toothpicks can work. I take a small Exacto-knife and shave the tip a bit to make it more "wedge" like. This helps for application and for scraping excess.

Last edited:

xevious

Flashlight Enthusiast
Glad you like it! I've used norland for much more than 2 applications. Just try not to waste too much.
Sorry, I was a little ambiguous there. I meant to say it was 2 applications using the pipette. NOA61 clogs it up after 2 uses and can't really be used beyond that, except perhaps for dabbing a small droplet. But yes, with the NOA61 little bit does go a long way.

Last edited:

Latest posts