Surefire tactician

BioMelodic

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the info!

I have the EB1 & 2, and didnt know they were different than other E series lights.

Yeah, on mine, the Tactician clip is wider than the EB2 clip, so the Tac clip is too wide for the EB2 'slot'... and the EB2 clip is too narrow to be held in place by the Tac body.

Harry999

Enlightened
My Tactician arrived today. I really like it. The slim form factor will make it great for pocket carry as well as not having the crenellations of the E2D.

Already thinking of ordering a second one...

xdayv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pls bear if this has been asked and answered before... does the Tactician run on Keeppower 16650 2500mah effectively?

Iacozzz

Newly Enlightened
Hi, do you know if there are more version of the Tactician? With the same code I mean, E2T-MV.
I ask that because on my user manual, and even on the box, it's indicated 3.200 candela, 1.5 hours at 800 lumens and 94 hours at 5 lumens, like on the official site, while on some photos I saw 10.000 candela, 1h at 800 lumens and 70h at 5 lumens.
Thanks

Nimitz68

Enlightened
I believe that was a revision/correction by Surefire. The first run of lights had packaging indicating the higher candela and shorter run times. The newer packaging shows the corrected information (lower candela and longer run times) as stickers over the original printed data. All the Tacticians have been identical as far as I know.

Last edited:

Iacozzz

Newly Enlightened
Thank you for the answer, I think you are right, at the and of my user manual, on the corner bottom right, there is the writing "Revision B 1-2018 71-01-1042 E2T-MV", so maybe is a revision of january 2018.

Jose Marin

Enlightened
Finally got around to doing some runtime tests. Not very impressive but looks like 16650 is best choice for continuous runtime, 123s are middle ground and 16340 for longest brightest output. I terminated tests early because it's boring recording that low of output, i bet the 16650 could of ran another 1hr at a fairly bright output. Enjoy
I measured from 1 meter
2x16340 4kcd
2x sf123 4kcd
1x 16650 3.2kcd
iSplGZx.jpg

Last edited:

NoodlyDoodly

Newly Enlightened
Hello and thanks to all that have contributed to this thread. All the information regarding different battery types, clips, and tail caps has been extremely helpful. I love the tactician beam pattern and I have been running the head on one of my old lx2 lumamax bodies because I love the gas pedal feature. Does anyone know if there a gas pedal switch that would work on the tactician body? I was thinking maybe one from an edcl1 or edcl2 might work? I tried searching the offerings from Lumens Factory but I only saw clicky models. I read through this thread a few times looking for the answer and I apologize if it was already mentioned and I missed it.

JohnSmith

Enlightened
I didn't pay much attention to this light because I'm not a fan of twisty interfaces or bezel-up carry and I'm skeptical of "tactical" fads. But when I finally read though this thread I found it can be used with a standard clicky tailcap, and it reportedly ran well on a 16650, so I decided to give it a shot as a general use light.

It's a nice light! Compact compared to other 2-cell E-series lights, and only slightly longer than 1-cell E-series lights (just 0.5" longer than the EDCL1-T, for example). Very mild crenellations instead of aggressive teeth, and a very useful floody beam pattern. I also really like being able to dial in the brightness setting through head rotation instead of having to click through modes, something I hadn't considered in advance but immediately appreciated once I got to play with it.

I gave away an E1B-MV to a family member and considered replacing it, but this E2T purchase negates another E1B-MV... Same beam with twice the lumens at only 1.3x the length, dual-fuel, and runs well on a 2500-ish mAh 16650 cell. I like it.

Last edited:

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Finally got around to doing some runtime tests. Not very impressive but looks like 16650 is best choice for continuous runtime, 123s are middle ground and 16340 for longest brightest output. I terminated tests early because it's boring recording that low of output, i bet the 16650 could of ran another 1hr at a fairly bright output. Enjoy
I measured from 1 meter
2x16340 4kcd
2x sf123 4kcd
1x 16650 3.2kcd
iSplGZx.jpg

Cool, looking forward to getting one.

JohnSmith

Enlightened
It's official, the E2T-MV Tactician is my favorite 2-cell Surefire ever. Ever ever.

Questions:

1. Has anyone tried the head on a 1-cell body with a 16340? How is the brightness compared to the 16650? I love this light with a 16650, and I'm now thinking about single cell configurations (but I don't have any 16340s to test).

2. Could the Tactican tailcap be drilled out and a clicky (surefire or mcclicky) installed in its housing? I'm running a clicky tailcap now (standard Surefire E-series clicky) and that's my preference, but I like the flared profile of the E2T factory tailcap. I just might want that housing in a clicky format.

thaugen

Enlightened
After a few days with the Tactician I am very impressed. I typically don't like momentary switches and have converted all of my 6P and G2 switches to McClicky switches. The action on the Tactician momentary switch is more responsive and the twisting to on is smooth. I also love the wall of white light from the Maxvision beam and the lanyard. Well done Surefire!

Jose Marin

Enlightened
1. Has anyone tried the head on a 1-cell body with a 16340? How is the brightness compared to the 16650? I love this light with a 16650, and I'm now thinking about single cell configurations (but I don't have any 16340s to test).

Yes works on my efest imr 16340 but not full brightness. Doesnt work on all my 1 cell sf e series bodies which is weird, it will thread on fine its just is low only. Im thinking the threads on those bodies are just a tad too short to engage high mode possibly? Same brightness as 16650 just dies a lot faster

Last edited:

JohnnyBravo

Enlightened
If I missed it somewhere in this long thread, please forgive. But on a 16650, about how many lumens can one expect vs. the 800 lumens from 2xCR123s...