The Lounge Jan-June 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: The 2015 Lounge

Hey Guys
Been a rough little while for me and I apologise for not being around.
Just wanted to say hello and I'll writ again soon.
Ty

Hey Ty,
Hope things get better and keep getting better. I am mostly a silent observer(?lurker?) here, but I learn a lot from the interaction between people here and I am very appreciative of the knowledge shared.

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

Pssymon

Newly Enlightened

TK75VN70 does make a lot of heat, probably the same as a hard driven mtg2. I ran the test sample for around 2 minutes on fresh vtc5s before having to throttle down to the 'high' setting of 4500 lumen

You wont get as long as the x60 for turbo - but it is half the size lol.

The beam quality of the xhp50 is much nicer than the xhp70 in the tk75. theres a good amount of artifacts and a few donut holes as expected with the xhp70 - not noticable outside and really not a concern to me personally - but some might want to know this.

xhp are certainly interesting leds... i am interested to see what the neutrals look like and how those perform as well... my favorite led personally is still mtg2 hands down.

Vinh told me NW XHP70 has about 30% less lumen output, which made me decide not to try them in my MM15.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Lurkers please post more! We welcome you with both hands and legs. So many CPFers buys from me and never stop by to say Hi. Sometimes you guys do come out for the sales though :p

ike1985

Enlightened

Vinh told me NW XHP70 has about 30% less lumen output, which made me decide not to try them in my MM15.

I've seen numbers that show a single XHP70 doing 6000+ lumens, that's more than any XML2.

ven

Flashaholic

Lurkers please post more! We welcome you with both hands and legs. So many CPFers buys from me and never stop by to say Hi. Sometimes you guys do come out for the sales though :p

You have no idea how difficult this was to take,how could i ask anyone:aaa: then realised i have a timer on phone:whistle:

Here ,for you vinh:nana:

Fully committed...........or is that need committing:whistle:

ike1985

Enlightened

You have no idea how difficult this was to take,how could i ask anyone:aaa: then realised i have a timer on phone:whistle:

Here ,for you vinh:nana:

Fully committed...........or is that need committing:whistle:

You are not a lurker though....6000 posts

aribach

Newly Enlightened

My D25Cvn fiat lux arrived today :) not been able to play with it yet but it looks awesome Vinh :) :)

Sent from my iPhone is gusing Candlepowerforumsi

aribach

Newly Enlightened

Wow Ven 6000 posts in about 18months. That's impressive numbers, keep them up, like reading ur posts :)

ven

Flashaholic

Wow Ven 6000 posts in about 18months. That's impressive numbers, keep them up, like reading ur posts :)

:laughing: cheers for the kind words,i may digress a little at times:whistle:

Oh i may be your way after easter,i go Aberdaron regular to the caravan,pretty much a few 100yds from centre up at a farm. At trearrddur bay last year with a pop up tent camping.........of course vinhed up to the max

double troubles

Other haunts are whistling sands and nefyn too ,not to mention Abersoch

Aberdaron beach

And back on track,the sr52vn at camp in very misty (and windy)conditions

I love Anglesey,need to try and get there again this year at some point:)

aribach

Newly Enlightened

Yes it's a great place, loads of great places to fish and walk and the mountains just 4 miles away.
I'm from the first village you pass after crossing the bridge called
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychchwyrndrobwchsantasiliogogogoch!!!!!
Bit of a mouthful :)

Yes it's a great place, loads of great places to fish and walk and the mountains just 4 miles away.

Llanfairpwllgwyngyll (pronounced [ɬanˌvairpuɬˈɡwɨ̞nɡɨ̞ɬ]) is a large village and community on the island of Anglesey in Wales, situated on the Menai Strait next to the Britannia Bridge and across the strait from Bangor. It is alternatively known as Llanfairpwll, Llanfair PG, or Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch.
wow, thought you were having us on!

ven

Flashaholic

Truth now:whistle:.................did you google the spelling???

:poke:

If not:bow:

ven

Flashaholic

I think we need a vinh light meet,just how do i tell the boss "aye love,meeting a guy off the net to look at torches" ..................:whoopin:

:laughing:

Mr mcnair may even get out of his rocking chair:whistle:

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: XHP50/70 Stock

notice the trees in the background over the fence to the right...doesn't show on MKR, but does on XHP70...believe me, it's much brighter..

Thanks for the comparison pics. Your right, there is a noticeably difference between the two. I wonder why it's shows up with less kcd and lumens in testing though?

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast

Looks to me like all the XML2 lights just became outdated..

Not even close - the XHP emitters require two cells or an inefficient boost driver if using a single cell.

Plus the beam from multi-die chips looks bad in smooth reflectors or aspherical lenses.

That said, id still like to have one in a P60 module if it is actually brighter than the MTG2 ;)

ven

Flashaholic

Not even close - the XHP emitters require two cells or an inefficient boost driver if using a single cell.

Plus the beam from multi-die chips looks bad in smooth reflectors or aspherical lenses.

That said, id still like to have one in a P60 module if it is actually brighter than the MTG2 ;)

+1, the xml2 u2/u3 have plenty of life left yet. As said,requires 2 cells for a start (or a boost driver)which rules out any 18650 fed light right now.

aribach

Newly Enlightened

No google Ven. Used to make money as a kid going on tourist buses at the train station during the summer holidays just saying the name to them. Tourists just come to get there photo next to the sign of the station name!

ven

Flashaholic

No google Ven. Used to make money as a kid going on tourist buses at the train station during the summer holidays just saying the name to them. Tourists just come to get there photo next to the sign of the station name!

Well a well and truly deserved :bow:...........................i have have to spell check angulsi and treearder bay :laughing:

Status
Not open for further replies.