The Official Malkoff Junkie thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast

Blues

Enlightened
Had a chance to get out with the pooch and the Hound Dog for a walk down our unlit country road.

I was impressed with the throw of the low setting of the Hound Dog which was perfect for illuminating both the lane and the sides of the road as my dog wandered about checking the latest scents.

The brightness and throw on the high setting was awesome and lit up the road as far as I could see, which is limited to about 150 yards or so due to the winding path. Looking deep into the woods with the high setting provided great detail and a reasonably wide field of view. At no point did a sensation of tunnel vision encroach.

The Wildcat and Hound Dog make a great team for the MD4 body. Glad I decided to make the leap.

Taxman

Newly Enlightened
Does Malkoff make a warmer tint head replacement for my MDC HA? Maybe one with the 4000K 80CRI Neutral white LED?

Edit to say never mind, I just found out I can swap out the stock bezel on my MDC HA and my MDC XP–L lights with a stainless steel crenulated bezel! But I also have to buy a tool, clearly this is where all my money is going… lol.

Last edited:

Dave D

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does Malkoff make a warmer tint head replacement for my MDC HA? Maybe one with the 4000K 80CRI Neutral white LED?

Edit to say never mind, I just found out I can swap out the stock bezel on my MDC HA and my MDC XP–L lights with a stainless steel crenulated bezel! But I also have to buy a tool, clearly this is where all my money is going… lol.

The only head they do with 4000k 80CRI is the Neutral MDC HA LMH Li-ion rechargeable head.

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi i got my wildcat v6 neutral yesterday and very happy with it. Someone mentioned new hound dog will be out in 6-8 weeks. Any info on the led and lumen number? I want to prepaid for it now.

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Someone mentioned new hound dog will be out in 6-8 weeks. Any info on the led and lumen number? I want to prepaid for it now.

From page 295 of this thread:

Hound Dog Super will sport an XPL-HI emitter cranking out 1200 lumens with deep reflector and custom 2.25 inch diameter head with 50mm optic. You can expect about 80,000 lux from the new Hound Dog Super.

New heads will fit all MD bodies.

k3751

Newly Enlightened
Since I just got my Malkoff V6 (awesome, btw) I was thinking about running my m91b w on two imr 18350s. I saw it had some decent run times on flashlight guide. Anyone else tried this and had any luck?

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
From page 295 of this thread:

Hound Dog Super will sport an XPL-HI emitter cranking out 1200 lumens with deep reflector and custom 2.25 inch diameter head with 50mm optic. You can expect about 80,000 lux from the new Hound Dog Super.

New heads will fit all MD bodies.[/QUOTE
Cool.. i like it.

dam nice. I will email malkoff about new hd super and see if i can prepaid for it. Thanks

FDP

Newly Enlightened
Since I just got my Malkoff V6 (awesome, btw) I was thinking about running my m91b w on two imr 18350s. I saw it had some decent run times on flashlight guide. Anyone else tried this and had any luck?

Check page 292. I ran a test with 2x 16340s. Should give you a good indication. Runtime was too short for my liking.

My M91B is back in a 9P with 17500s and I put a M60 back in the 6P.

Last edited:

k3751

Newly Enlightened
Check page 292. I ran a test with 2x 16340s. Should give you a good indication. Runtime was too short for my liking.

My M91B is back in a 9P with 17500s and I put a M60 back in the 6P.

Thanks, I didn't see that. That's consistent with what 880arm published. I just didn't know if anyone had been doing that on a daily carry basis and what their experience had been.

Dave D

Flashlight Enthusiast
For anyone interested in the M91T MD3 I did a run time test last night.

Two KeepPower 18500 (1700mah) batteries, freshly charged to 4.2v, lasted 1 hour 23 minutes on high, before the protection circuit cut in at 3.6v and shut the light off.

I did not notice any reduction in the output over that time, however I didn't measure the lumens with anything, so it's not scientific.

I was mightily impressed, I'm happy to recommend it as a Duty light to anyone that needs one.

With the MD4 body and 2 x 18650 (3500mah) batteries it should have a run time in the region of 3 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.