WHAT BREED AND HOW MANY DOGS[POOCHES!!]?

ThirstyTurtle

Flashlight Enthusiast
9eja7aja.jpg

2-year-old German Shepherd, 31" at shoulders, 90 lbs.

I love him because taking him out and for walks at night justify plenty of light purchases ;-)

Capolini

Banned
Great pictures! One reason I made sure I always had a decent light handy for many years was my black and tan dachshund. Short and dark dogs are easy to lose at night. A bright orange collar and leash on walks did help. So did a wide beam 500 lumen light (most recent acquisition). I managed to keep her weight just right, and she was very active. Just over a week ago she took her last trip to the vet. I had to say good-bye to my companion for over 16 years. This thread has been uplifting and I think there will be another dog in my future. Thanks everyone!

I am sorry for your loss,,,,,,,Dogs are special. Just like humans who live a long life, when a Dog lives long and passes it does not diminish the pain.

I hope you get another Pooch soon!

On the human side, My Great Uncle is 102. He lives in Italy. I found out today that he has Prostrate Cancer that has spread to his bones. I am very grateful that I went to Italy Twice and met him among others and have Hundreds of pics. and video!

I am glad my Thread helped you and it is nice to see others Display their Dogs!

Capolini

Banned
9eja7aja.jpg

2-year-old German Shepherd, 31" at shoulders, 90 lbs.

I love him because taking him out and for walks at night justify plenty of light purchases ;-)

lol!! I totally understand! I have justified several torches because of Capo!!

GSD are awesome pooches. I grew up with them. All Three[3] were named Baron!! Three consecutive GSD!

Check this website out,a GSD website that I am on.

http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/subscription.php

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Every cliche about dogs is true. Unconditional love. Loyalty without strings.

They read us and treat us all differently. Biscuit doesn't play with my 17 year old son. She hangs with him. Biscuit does whatever my 12 year old daughter wants. Let's trot like horses, stay next to me while I read a book, come in the bathroom while I shower. Biscuit follows my wife like a shadow and plays frisbee with her. No matter how late I get home from work, Biscuit is waiting at the door. And she wants some lovin before I can take my shoes off.

Biscuit loves Switzerland. Not just the walks, trails and space. She gets great service in restaurants. In the summer, she gets water before we do. She goes on trains and buses. Here are Biscuit and Sarah at the glacier above Zermat. Sarah's train ticket was 1/2 price; Biscuit was free.
image.jpg

Capolini

Banned
Every cliche about dogs is true. Unconditional love. Loyalty without strings.

They read us and treat us all differently. Biscuit doesn't play with my 17 year old son. She hangs with him. Biscuit does whatever my 12 year old daughter wants. Let's trot like horses, stay next to me while I read a book, come in the bathroom while I shower. Biscuit follows my wife like a shadow and plays frisbee with her. No matter how late I get home from work, Biscuit is waiting at the door. And she wants some lovin before I can take my shoes off.

Biscuit loves Switzerland. Not just the walks, trails and space. She gets great service in restaurants. In the summer, she gets water before we do. She goes on trains and buses. Here are Biscuit and Sarah at the glacier above Zermat. Sarah's train ticket was 1/2 price; Biscuit was free.
image.jpg

Great picture!

markr6

Flashaholic
This was my Australian Shepherd, Toby. We found a new home for him earlier this fall for several reasons. I still think it was the right decision but I miss him so much :(

toby.jpg

Capolini

Banned
This was my Australian Shepherd, Toby. We found a new home for him earlier this fall for several reasons. I still think it was the right decision but I miss him so much :(

toby.jpg

Wow!! Those EYES look Turquoise.They are beautiful,they almost don't look real! I hope his new Home is conducive for his energy level!

My Siberian has beautiful Ice Blue Eyes, these are beautiful Turquoise Eyes.

Did you think of getting another Dog that fits you better?

I live in a Condominium. I almost gave Capo to Two different Siberian rescues in his first year,,he was very difficult,now I am a "Flashaholic", Capo will be 3 the Day after Christmas and things are easier!

kwak

Enlightened
Wow what gorgeous dogs you all have.

Jack Russell Terrier here (Bella).
Coming up to 3 years old now and comes absolutely everywhere with us.

First walk out the house after she'd had her jabs

299617_10150369910604851_663129850_.jpg

Kids playing dress up with her

IMG_0201.jpg

Hiking with her as a pup

294014_10150372555654851_663129850_.jpg

305129_10150346620224851_663129850_.jpg

Mountain biking as she got older

484836_10151520675134851_418839311__zps14a7eecc.jpg

Swimming in the summer

GOPR3410.jpg

GOPR3436.jpg

And a hiking again

IMAG0554.jpg

We've had at least one dog every single day of my life, as i'm 44 now that means there has been some pretty fantastic dogs, dogs i consider mates.
Gotta say though Bella is the best dog we've had.

Capolini

Banned
Wow what gorgeous dogs you all have.

Jack Russell Terrier here (Bella).
Coming up to 3 years old now and comes absolutely everywhere with us.

First walk out the house after she'd had her jabs

299617_10150369910604851_663129850_.jpg

Kids playing dress up with her

IMG_0201.jpg

Hiking with her as a pup

294014_10150372555654851_663129850_.jpg

305129_10150346620224851_663129850_.jpg

Mountain biking as she got older

484836_10151520675134851_418839311__zps14a7eecc.jpg

Swimming in the summer

GOPR3410.jpg

GOPR3436.jpg

And a hiking again

IMAG0554.jpg

We've had at least one dog every single day of my life, as i'm 44 now that means there has been some pretty fantastic dogs, dogs i consider mates.
Gotta say though Bella is the best dog we've had.

Nice pictures,nice pooch!! MY Dog also has an Italian Name, his name is Capo! Capo means "Chief/Boss/President in Italian,Bella means Beautiful In Italian!

Are you an Italian living in beautiful Greece? I have a lot of relatives in Italy..they live forever! 103 is the record so far with a Great Uncle 102!

markr6

Flashaholic
Wow!! Those EYES look Turquoise.They are beautiful,they almost don't look real! I hope his new Home is conducive for his energy level!

Yes, it took us 2 months to find the right owner. They have 8 acres, pole barn left open for when he's outside. But there's usually someone around (retired couple) to keep him busy in the home. Plus they already had another 2-year old Aussie. Perfect setup for Toby! Definitely a bittersweet moment, but I know he's having a blast. Toby was about 9 months old when we gave him away. I never thought it would be so hard but after all the training and bringing him up from 8 weeks really builds a strong bond.

Basically, we just wern't home enough for him. He did fine in his crate, but it didn't seem right since we were always coming and going with work and running errands. Maybe something like a Golden Retriever in the future after we have our first kid soon.

kwak

Enlightened
Nice pictures,nice pooch!! MY Dog also has an Italian Name, his name is Capo! Capo means "Chief/Boss/President in Italian,Bella means Beautiful In Italian!

Are you an Italian living in beautiful Greece? I have a lot of relatives in Italy..they live forever! 103 is the record so far with a Great Uncle 102!

Hi,

Nope no Italians in the family (i'm actually a Brit), it was a name the kids picked out.
Mainly because it's a name of a character in a movie they like.

Greta

Flashaholic
This is my current pack... :santa: They are all English Bulldogs except Gracie - she's a French Bulldog.

IMG_6472.jpg

Happy Ho-Ho-Ho!

Last edited:

dbleznak

Enlightened
He/She[?] looks very serious and Philosophical! I am guessing a Male?!

I think Capo and I saw Roxy when we hiked from Valley Forge to the Art Museum!! lol!

Roxy is a 12 year old female, she snores like a football player. We share a CPAP machine. Let's meet King of Prussia !

E-A-G-L-E-S !!!!!!!!!

Archimedes of Syracuse

Newly Enlightened
This is my dog Reese, he is 9 year old Shetland Sheepdog (Sheltie). The running joke in our home is that he is smarter than most people we have met. I swear the dog almost seems human sometimes.

IMG_7932_12-1-10_first_snow.jpg

Capolini

Banned
Yes, it took us 2 months to find the right owner. They have 8 acres, pole barn left open for when he's outside. But there's usually someone around (retired couple) to keep him busy in the home. Plus they already had another 2-year old Aussie. Perfect setup for Toby! Definitely a bittersweet moment, but I know he's having a blast. Toby was about 9 months old when we gave him away. I never thought it would be so hard but after all the training and bringing him up from 8 weeks really builds a strong bond.

Basically, we just wern't home enough for him. He did fine in his crate, but it didn't seem right since we were always coming and going with work and running errands. Maybe something like a Golden Retriever in the future after we have our first kid soon.
You did a nice thing for your Pooch! You cared enough and did the right thing.

Some people do not care enough/unaware, get a Dog, don't know the breed, lock in a crate all day and the poor pooch has no life!

I met a lady whose boyfriend worked 12 hours a day. Basically the only time the Dog was out of the crate was for 3 or 4 hours after he got home from work and before he went to bed,,,,,then the Dog goes right back in the crate!

As I indicated in a prior post, I almost gave up several times on my Siberian. He was too much to handle for a Condo!! I did not know any better. His groomer[she had a Husky] encouraged me to hang in there. I did. Capo will be 3 on 12.26.2013[Two Days] and I am glad! Now I am a Flashaholic because of Capo,,,,but he keeps me in shape with all of our hikes!

Have a nice Christmas!

p.s. Golden Retrievers are great Pooches!

Capolini

Banned
I meant to put this photo up yesterday in memory of my best friend and his Father who is also a great friend.

Christopher[on Left] got killed by a drunk Driver on 12.23.1995[yesterday was the 18th Anniv. of his passing]

Hal, Christopher's Father is on the right. He is dying from the insidious and dreadful disease called Alzheimers. I saw him yesterday,he is not well.

I miss Chris and it is sad to see Hal[I have known them since 1980] in his condition. Hal, is the only person I know that Golfed with the President of the United States and Met the Pope!! He is very successful, loved and generous. He donated millions of dollars to cancer research in the Philadelphia area.

God Bless the Davis family.

p.s. I will put up a picture of JEFFERSON their beautiful Boxer who will be 10 on July 4th!

Italia-2008-09027_zpsb4c1193f.jpg

Last edited:

AMD64Blondie

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can't really find any pics..but our yellow Lab Alfie is one of the best dogs we've ever had.

He's now 8,I think.

Last edited: