What is missing?

divine

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love this thread. :)

FM: A month or two ago, I searched around to find out if the reflector reviewed in this thread was still available, and I couldn't find the answer. Do you know.

I will think of a few things that I would like to see available. Thank you for the work you do for us.

Conte

Enlightened
FM: A month or two ago, I searched around to find out if the reflector reviewed in this thread was still available, and I couldn't find the answer. Do you know.
I'll assume you are referring to the Bi-Focal as this is an FM thread ?

They are all gone, I think I bought the last one :nana:

They're pretty good, but his Ver2 Deep reflector is even better. I highly recommend it.

Found here:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/239973

It's a bit more, but it's so worth it. If you don't find the colour you want, just get the chrome, it'll match with anything.
And unless you have a special bi-pin adapter like a Kiu Socket Kit or AW Incan Driver, you'll need the cam.

Inliner

Newly Enlightened
+1 to D36 reflector/G4 adapters. Not just for LF heads either. D36 fits Surefire Z46 bezel perfectly with a trim of the shock foam.

donn_

Flashaholic
A 'Mule' flood head for Maglites, incan or LED. Shallow, but the same diameter as the stock head, with a reflecting surface at the bottom of the head.

A candle-mode head which is made of clear or diffusing polycarbonate (or a stronger material), and threads onto the end of a Maglite in place of the stock head, to protect the lamp/emitter but allow lantern use.

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about SF623?
Superbulb socket for SF M head and fit into almost FM Turboheads...
10 Amp current through spring contacts are not good idea and will melt or deform them.
I am working on more solid system.

---------------------
How about "The Ultimate Emergency Light"
A 2d mag tri bored with a 4s3p cr123 battery adapter (12v @ ~4.5ah?) powering a 14 watt WA solarc bulb and ballast. I think runtime should be in the 3.5-4 hour ballpark.
Not many people will be happy to buy 12 primary 123 cells for 4 hours of use.
I think Elephant II is better system for long run rechargeable HID

---------------------
How about a 4P 18650 holder for Elephant II, also a 3P 17670 holder for tri bored mags. (SST-90)

4P 18650 for Elephant II is a good idea for DD SST50-90
Isn't 2P 18650 better idea than 3x17670?
Easier to recharge, higher capacity, lower cost batteries, lower cost host.
:thumbsup:
---------------------
I'd like to see a deep reflector assembly, in VLOP, for the FM3 heads. I'd like to see it with a large (~15-16mm) aperture and a removable cam which can accept the bi-pin holder adapter.
Wow !!!
That would be nice but large, heavy and E$X$P$E$N$S$I$V$E

---------------------
I'd like to see a FM D36 reflector/G4 adapter for LF D36 mini-turboheads.
A complete host and G4 D36 socket/reflector available here
---------------------
I love this thread. :)
FM: A month or two ago, I searched around to find out if the reflector reviewed in this thread was still available, and I couldn't find the answer.
All Bi Focal reflectors are gone but I may do another run.
---------------------
Thank you for the work you do for us.
I wouldn't be able to do any of them without your support and I greatly appreciate that.
---------------------
+1 to D36 reflector/G4 adapters. Not just for LF heads either. D36 fits Surefire Z46 bezel perfectly with a trim of the shock foam.
Please check post #1 and #29 of this thread.
---------------------
A 'Mule' flood head for Maglites, incan or LED. Shallow, but the same diameter as the stock head, with a reflecting surface at the bottom of the head.
Can you explain the purpose of such a head?
---------------------
A candle-mode head which is made of clear or diffusing polycarbonate (or a stronger material), and threads onto the end of a Maglite in place of the stock head, to protect the lamp/emitter but allow lantern use.
A white traffic cone will work on low wattage system as a candle mode.
Now all you need is a tail stand flashlight like this.

---------------------
[size=+3]What else is missing?[/size]

Last edited:

donn_

Flashaholic
Quote:
Originally Posted by donn_

Can you explain the purpose of such a head?

An immediate area light, with no blinding hotspot. The same purpose as a McGizmo or Aleph mule, but on a larger scale.
---------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by donn_

A white raffic cone will work on low wattage system as a candle mode.

The traffic cone is too high profile. I'd like to see something the same diameter as the Mag head, and 2-3" long, which screws onto the tube in place of the head. One in clear and one in diffuse.

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi, FM

Would you ever consider a run of 18650 compatable 6P bodies that have no tailcap similar to the early 6p bodies? https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/2608699&postcount=245 and https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/2876885&postcount=763

I like that these early bodies were one piece, could tailstand, were incredibly water proof and bomb proof. It would essentially be a twisty light by twisting the bezel on and off. It would work well with the hi/lo ring for all the Malkoff drop-ins. I think the icing on the cake would be if you could leave a 1/4" of aluminum at the bottom so we could thread screws and attach a Ti clip if we wanted. No one else is making them.......

Last edited:

Steve in SoCal

Enlightened
How about some more SF M6 extensions (19mm-52mm) to accommodate interesting battery combinations such as 2x26500, 4x18650, 6x17670 etc. to accommodate longer runtimes and/or higher voltage bulbs.:hitit:

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
Would you ever consider a run of 18650 compatable 6P bodies that have no tailcap similar to the early 6p bodies? https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/2608699&postcount=245 and https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/2876885&postcount=763
Top battery loading system must have maximum 17mm lip for negative spring contact and enlarging the lip will cause no negative electrical contact for lamp module. This is sample of 15mm bodies.
-------------------
I think it would be great to have a 3x26500 version of the 2x26500 Megalennium with M-head shown here:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/238956
Or maybe a 1x26500 extension for the current one.
It will become reality.
-------------------
How about some more SF M6 extensions (19mm-52mm) to accommodate interesting battery combinations such as 2x26500, 4x18650, 6x17670 etc. to accommodate longer runtimes and/or higher voltage bulbs.:hitit:
Similar idea is in process now.
--------------------
Thank you for developing so many fun and usefull products.
Billy
Thank you for supporting. :thumbsup:
---------------------
"C" cell versions of this:
http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/5281/6dsmalllc5.jpg
For those who can't seem to find the (discontinued) 5/6/7C lights.
Many people want these type of extensions to use with 26500 or 26650 batteries which is impossible because there will be not enough material for male threads.
However, it will be possible to rethread tail side of M*g "C" bodies for custom made extension and this kind of work will cost even higher than these.

---------------------

jackolantern

Newly Enlightened
A mag switch / tower that can accommodate higher temps while retaining quick cam focusing ability possible?

my brightest flashlight made mostly of your goodies is 16 eneloops driving 2 dollar 12v 35w bulb with G4 bipin adapter. extended continuous running causes melting of plastic tower, but I like all those lumens and ability to focus quickly :twothumbs

Hack On Wheels

Enlightened
Another run of bi-pin reflectors would be nice. As well as perhaps some more E-series compatible parts; a mini-"turbohead" would be nice and could be lighter, sleeker, and better looking than fitting on an adapter and a C-series head.

A two-stage switch to fill the place of the McE2s would be nice too; if you could figure out something that would avoid incurring the wrath of $urefire.

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Top battery loading system must have maximum 17mm lip for negative spring contact and enlarging the lip will cause no negative electrical contact for lamp module. This is sample of 15mm bodies.

Thanks, FM, but contact springs are easily stretched to fit 17mm+ bodies.

J3004

Newly Enlightened
3" reflector with 16mm bulbhole would be nice.

Blue throwmaster with camless 16mm bulbhole also.

MemphisMagD

Newly Enlightened
How about Something like a Streamlight Twin Task series light that is actually worth a damn. As in bright in at least one mode.

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
A mag switch / tower that can accommodate higher temps while retaining quick cam focusing ability possible?

my brightest flashlight made mostly of your goodies is 16 eneloops driving 2 dollar 12v 35w bulb with G4 bipin adapter. extended continuous running causes melting of plastic tower, but I like all those lumens and ability to focus quickly :twothumbs
It can be done but you will be limited to G4 only.

Another run of bi-pin reflectors would be nice.
I think you mean Bi-Focal
As well as perhaps some more E-series compatible parts; a mini-"turbohead" would be nice and could be lighter, sleeker, and better looking than fitting on an adapter and a C-series head.
They already existed and available.

3" reflector with 16mm bulbhole would be nice.

Blue throwmaster with camless 16mm bulbhole also.
I will consider about this on next run.

How about Something like a Streamlight Twin Task series light that is actually worth a damn. As in bright in at least one mode.
SL-20X LED series are brighter than Twin Task series and readily available.
----------------------