What LED flashlight is sitting on your nightstand?

kramer5150

Flashaholic
R2D2 phone
Insignia DVD player
Entech DAC
Larocco PPA
Earmax tube amp
SF-M2 with GITD fob
H501
Cheap UV light for charging up my watch lume
dscn5888.jpg

Last edited:

arnof

Newly Enlightened
I have a Fenix L1D on my nightstand. I like to sleep in total darkness, so I have a small Tritium keychain attached to the Fenix.

I also put Tritium makers on the articulated nightstand lamps -- it makes them very easy to locate in the dark.

Arno

djj

Newly Enlightened
Ra Clicky 170 with tactical button. 0.08 lumens for finding my way around in the dark (more than bright enough for this), and 170 for seeing across the back yard (also no problem). Easy to operate. I love this light.

RobertM

Flashlight Enthusiast
My SF A2-YG is always on my nightstand each night.

The low output yellow-green LEDs are pretty easy on the eyes for getting up in the middle of the night. Of course, the incand high-beam is always there for something that goes "bump" in the middle of the night. :D

-Robert

shark_za

Enlightened
Surefire 6PDL with Lumens Factory High Output R2 LED running 3x CR123 in a Solarforce extender.

Backup to that is an incan Glock light on a G23 or G20.

Stashed away a little deeper in the drawer is a 4D maglite with OEM LED upgrade and a OD Surefire G2 with P60L.

Whatever I carried that day is usually also there, LD10, L1T (Leatherman LGX200) or Streamlight Microstream.
All 3 have less than 20 lumens to use for going to to loo.

pipspeak

Enlightened
Fauxton (for water or bathroom trips) and an E1B/McGizmo (for bumps in the night)

jimmyjames

Newly Enlightened
In my night stand is a Lumaforce LF1 single mode right next to my Ruger Security 6 in .357. Neither one has a complicated user interface.

henry1960

Enlightened
SureFire LX2

NiteCore D10 (FOR THAT SUPER LOW RUN TO THE BATHROOM ECT.)

Jet 1 Pro V3

Kimber 45 ACP

Two Extra Magazines :twothumbs

tadbik

Enlightened
Wow, you guys have some powerful lights on your nightstands! I keep a Streamlight Sidewinder next to me at night. It's low setting is perfect for night-time navigation and the batteries last forever!

Gordo

Newly Enlightened
ITP A3 EOS
Fenix E01
Streamlight MicroStream, Stylus, Stylus Green LED
Romisen G2 II, C3
MagLite 2D LED, 4D LED

I keep most of my lights in the nightstand, just where I load/unload my pockets. One way or another everything ends up there.

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Fenix E20. If I need to get up in the middle of the night for anything other than a trip to the potty I want simplicity and instant power; click on, click off... no mucking about with mode switching or any of that crap...

Since I got my QAA2 I've put the handgrip that came with it on my E20 since I don't want to have to muck about getting a lanyard around my wrist, I just want to be able to grab the light and use it. I keep my Quark in its holster in my cycling bag so the handgrip doesn't do me any good in that carry situation.

Hack On Wheels

Enlightened
I have my Ultrafire C3 5-mode (with mode memory) by the bed with an Eneloop in it. Barely ever have to charge it, and it is very close to matching the Turbo output of my L2D when on high. Also a reasonably low, but I don't have to worry about waking anyone up so I enjoy a full blast of high lumens if/when I get up in the night.

Sometimes I'll have my Tank007 AAA light on my bedside table though, or even one of my bigger lights (see sig)... the Ultrafire is great though with a glow in the dark lens o-ring and a GITD switch boot too.