Whats your next V54 Light going to be??

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
If it has a smooth reflector then there is a chance sometimes of some ring/s in a beam(dont have this light light so dont know about reflector etc). Usually noticeable white wall hunting, however outside in real use not so.

Is it de-domed too?

Orange peel reflectors as you know smooths out the beam, but also reduces the throw a bit too. So i am guessing its a smooth reflector in this light.

yes. Ven.. Its noticeable when i shine at the white wall.. You have tons of knowledge..

eekazum

Flashlight Enthusiast
thing looks like the bottom of a rocket!

so each petal has rings? both my ec4gtvns have rings but not noticeable in actual use.

my ect4tvn wall pic

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
yes. Ven.. Its noticeable when i shine at the white wall.. You have tons of knowledge..

I am not well up on this light tbh NL, vinh would know on what to expect with the 4 smooth reflectors and focusing. I would not be concerned at all against a wall as these can show all kinds of stuff up, but in real uses not seen. Most of us(maybe all) test our lights against a wall at some point, heck it is the easiest way to see the hot spot and corona etc. But depending on distance and if its focused(or not) by being too close, can create all kinds. If you get a triple or quad up close, all kinds of patterns from the optics, yet a little distance and a huge hot spot.

Nice light!! has vinh coloured the sections around the reflectors? I dont have any big ET lights, only the smaller end(dont even have a single 18650 one) with the d25C types.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have that light with smaller emitters, MX25L4CvnT DriverVNX2 XP-L pdt. The four non-overlapping smooth reflectors produce a very very nice beam, no petals, no overlap-type artifacts.

At ranges longer than twelve inches, the four beams blend to produce one picture-perfect unified hotspot, totally devoid of any rings or holes or overlap artifacts.

The bottoms of the reflectors rest on a base that is colored as from the factory. The looks of the head are a joy to behold.

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Would the T16 modded be similar to Vinh's G25c2vn?

I have several Eagletacs from Vinh and I think they are tops in quality.

Sorry for the late reply.. I should have t16svn sometimes this week... I went with xpg2 pdt.. I will let u know.. I like g25c2vn alot.. 1200 lumen/100 lux.. Eagtac make good lights..

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
6P and p60 on the way.
then, k60vn

Following light(s) need your help with, cant decide, here are my interests in no particular order:
EC4GTvn
Sky lumen Zoom18
D25Cvn Ti - is this light still being sold??
E14vn
Mecarmy PT18vn
One of the 26650 lights

You don't have one? The EC60vn is in a class by itself in my opinion. The Spec 2 5000K is a must have... absolute must have. Think of an SDminiVN only with 700 to 800 more Lumens, 40K higher Lux, longer run time and superior heat management. And it's only a tad larger really... feels awesome in your hand... the perfect size. Have you placed your order yet?

liteboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
You don't have one? The EC60vn is in a class by itself in my opinion. The Spec 2 5000K is a must have... absolute must have. Think of an SDminiVN only with 700 to 800 more Lumens, 40K higher Lux, longer run time and superior heat management. And it's only a tad larger really... feels awesome in your hand... the perfect size. Have you placed your order yet?

Wimmer you're digging up ancient posts, I've since gotten r50vn which is my first one only 26650 light for now. I've been a bit overwhelmed by sudden flurry of new acebeam and olight offerings in this category and want to wait until jury is out before purchase. Do you have both to give me some guidance?

ImageUploadedByCandlepowerforums1474199161.698324.jpg

ven

Flashaholic
Nice line up liteboy:naughty: look forward to your seraph ti impressions once its with you. Ideal for more sensible outputs ~500lm type uses so it wont get too crazy hot,as most of my work uses are 200lm tops, all is perfect.

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think I'm not alone in this. Along with my own desires, I've noticed a general "maturing" of tastes among us. I began by looking st maximum lumen/lux numbers. Then progressed from cool white, which gives max numbers, to neutral/warm whites, which enhance the eye's ability to see detail. Now that Cree has entered the high color rendition arena, there's no excuse not to go there.

NICSAK

Enlightened
I think I'm not alone in this. Along with my own desires, I've noticed a general "maturing" of tastes among us. I began by looking st maximum lumen/lux numbers. Then progressed from cool white, which gives max numbers, to neutral/warm whites, which enhance the eye's ability to see detail. Now that Cree has entered the high color rendition arena, there's no excuse not to go there.

Definitely not alone! I only go for neutral/warm now. Quality of light is way more important to me now. Just ordered r50vn with xhp50 5000k shaved dome. Should be around 4500[emoji41]

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wimmer you're digging up ancient posts, I've since gotten r50vn which is my first one only 26650 light for now. I've been a bit overwhelmed by sudden flurry of new acebeam and olight offerings in this category and want to wait until jury is out before purchase. Do you have both to give me some guidance?

View attachment 3651

No I don't have either one... so what do I know?? lol

I've ordered the EC60vn but it hasn't arrived yet... but the numbers + tint + beam shot vids tells me all I need to know about this one. I assume you bought the Spec 1 option for the R50vn, so I understand you not racing to get the EC60vn. But, there's still a pretty big difference in throw even though the R50vn Spec 1 is de-domed.

If you happened to buy one of the Dome On options of the Olight, then the EC60vn is the perfect compliment.

Hey nice line up here bro...

attachment.php

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast

Exactly... that's half the reason I sold a few lights.