Words to Live By.

AO 17

Newly Enlightened
I told a young engineer the other night (while he ate his super healthy salad and drank some kind of 'fountain of youth' miracle drink).... "live a little kid, statistics show cigarette smokers outlive marathon runners and pro football players". He says "how come?" And I said "dude you are born with X number of heart beats. Marathon runners and pro football players squander theirs running all the time, cigarette smokers can't breath so they sit around a lot".

About that time a coworker walks up, pops open the tail gate of my truck, plops down on it, lights a cigarette and says "whatchyall talking about?"...
The kid says "hmmmm... I see what you mean"

So my words to live by are "you only have a limited amount of heart beats then it's game over". "Trouble with being dead; it lasts so long"...

I appreciate this post, it really got me thinking. We try so hard to eat healthy, trying to have the perfect body so we can live forever. In reality, you have a limited amount of breaths and heartbeats. Forget the salad, I am going to get an ice cream bar.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
A study released years ago came to the conclusion that at some point in time in Life... 10 out 10 people will die.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
"The older you get the greater you were"
Seen on the tag inside an Old Guys Rule t-shirt.

Really wish Millennials would learn this lesson.
Ridiculous behavior from the youth was probably learned from the adults.
-Me

"Why do us kids have to be the adults when the adults keep acting like kids?"
- my friend Velda

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast
"The older you get the greater you were"
Seen on the tag inside an Old Guys Rule t-shirt.

Ridiculous behavior from the youth was probably learned from the adults.
-Me

"Why do us kids have to be the adults when the adults keep acting like kids?"
- my friend Velda

I like to say, "the older I get, the better I was". :naughty:

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a good wife. She will often remind me after making a mistake that Pobodies Nerfect. What a Gal!

bykfixer

Flashaholic
You can get farther with a kind word and a gun than a kind word alone.

- Al Capone

Saw it on a sign on detective Mike Torrelo's desk. (Dennis Farina role in the cult classic Crime Story)

"You can go out on a date with my wife, you can sit on my sofa, but you CANNOT WATCH MY TV".
-Mike Torrelo when he found his wife being unfaithful.

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Today I had the pleasure of reading some emails acquired through the freedom of information act in a claim between a client and their opponent.

There is one really smart fellow who does not hold back how he feels when sending emails to his staff.

There were two that had words to live by...

1) I fight off nuclear arsenals all day long only to have my own people throw a hand grenade in my lap with the pin pulled.

2) I know this tire's got a hole in it but please don't rip that patch off before I can get it to the repair station.

I left out the colorful metaphors.