Zebralight SC64w HI

holygeez03

Enlightened
The SC64w HI is scheduled to start shipping November 23rd... that's an early xmas gift!

ven

Flashaholic
Should be as near as damn the perfect light, compact, powerful, decent reach.................win! Always wondered why they did not do a HI at the start with the sc64.

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
The SC64w HI is scheduled to start shipping November 23rd... that's an early xmas gift!

It'll take at least a week to get here from China. And, hopefully they won't push out the Nov 23 estimate. So, yeah, maybe an early Christmas! :)

Should be as near as damn the perfect light, compact, powerful, decent reach.................win! Always wondered why they did not do a HI at the start with the sc64.

Probably a good business decision, to push sales of the SC600w HI. Besides, ZL has generally stuck with floody lights for their small sizes. The 64w HI will be a different offering than they usually do.

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, I ordered as well. This will be damn near perfection.

ven

Flashaholic
Ok, I ordered as well. This will be damn near perfection.

It is, decent reach, bright spill thanks to high output. Trick UI to program how you want out of 12 levels, 18650 fed in a smaller/lighter package than HDS for a 1/3 or even a 1/4 of cost. All the energy in the tank for pretty much most applications, more reach, clever PID. 2nd to none ano as well on top in my fav green flavour!!! For $80 , potted, programmable............

NPL

Enlightened
What would be interesting to see is how much faster the SC64w hi steps down compared to it's bigger brother sc600w hi in the higher PID settings.

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
What would be interesting to see is how much faster the SC64w hi steps down compared to it's bigger brother sc600w hi in the higher PID settings.
No need to wait. You can test this now with an SC64w. The upcoming HI model should step down at the same rate.

Bottom line is the SC64w HI should step down much faster than the SC600w HI due to less thermal mass.

ven

Flashaholic
^^^^ This guy better order two!

Haha, in time I will. The 700 looks cool also but sure a bit chunky. This would be the one that got more use. Still prefer the 62 body, I am enjoying the previous models still. Don't have any 64 or mkIV yet! But this could be the next, form/xhp35 HI /UI. Who knows what the future brings :)

Bob_McBob

Newly Enlightened
Remember Zebralight has a very generous return policy and their lights also tend to keep most of their value on the used market, so there isn't really a lot of cost involved if you really don't like it. Personally I think an XHP35 HI would work beautifully in the current rougher OP reflectors.

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
Remember Zebralight has a very generous return policy and their lights also tend to keep most of their value on the used market, so there isn't really a lot of cost involved if you really don't like it. Personally I think an XHP35 HI would work beautifully in the current rougher OP reflectors.

This is true...

holygeez03

Enlightened

The cost is the return shipping... but it's worth it if you need to test the light to see if it will fit your needs. Brand new models that are often out-of-stock at release can probably be sold relatively easy to someone who doesn't want to wait and the shipping can be paid by the buyer, or split with buyer/seller.

markr6

Flashaholic
The cost is the return shipping... but it's worth it if you need to test the light to see if it will fit your needs. Brand new models that are often out-of-stock at release can probably be sold relatively easy to someone who doesn't want to wait and the shipping can be paid by the buyer, or split with buyer/seller.

They ask that you send it USPS 1st class, not sure why. There's no protection there unless you insure it. I roll the dice and just trust it gets there for about $2.75 mailed in the US.

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
They ask that you send it USPS 1st class, not sure why. There's no protection there unless you insure it. I roll the dice and just trust it gets there for about $2.75 mailed in the US.

I just strap it to whatever animal I could catch and then think and pray it gets there!

Sadsack

Newly Enlightened
I have decided to pre-order the SC64w HI as it should be a clear upgrade to my SC62w... but I am likely going to wait to for reports on the SC700 beam/tint/etc as it doesn't seem like it's definitely going to provide me with significant benefit over the SC600IV Plus.

Likewise I just pre ordered too as an upgrade to my SC62w. Just hope it throws a little bit better.
L