Beta QR quick release V2

Newguy2012

Enlightened
I got the v2 QR to replace my lost v1 beta(not QR related). Comparing to the v1 QR I have to said V2 is perfection. The light is more refine not just the QR mechanism but the chamfer on head and body. The length of the light is the same but for some reason the light feel slightly fatter. The QR is half the size of original. I'm glad I backed V1 to make V2 happen.

Beta QRv2 might very well be the best keychain flashlight on earth.:)

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello ,...
this version 2; does it have The nichia A or B LED ?.
thing is, someone mentioned theirs had a 219b but mine seems rosy 219a.

thanks.

night.hoodie

Enlightened
Eyeing the QRv2 for my next production light (after a few of Vinh's). Does anyone have the copper QRv2? Impressions? Worth it? I noticed someone on another forum was selling theirs after not a very long trial, and didn't explain. Maybe they needed cash. I'd like to hear some constructive criticism: if it was your only light, would you get something else instead, and why? Thanks.

justanotherguy

Enlightened
I have the first version, copper.
After fixing the sloppy qr part I've learned to live with it...
I'm more a HML guy, but it works.
Jason knew nothing about the driver , so I didn't mess with it.
The new qr design, someone else Will have to chime in

RUSH FAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree with you guys.
I also wish that this was a High-medium-low mode.
I get tired of twisting multiple times to get to high.
I am trying to figure out how to mod this for high-medium-low or high only.

night.hoodie

Enlightened
I am trying to figure out how to mod this for high-medium-low or high only.

I have little doubt high only should be possible, seen its commonly done for customizing. Let us know if you can mod 3 modes in different order... I've never heard of such a thing (though I am fine with LMH, MLH, or HML).

RUSH FAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Eyeing the QRv2 for my next production light (after a few of Vinh's). Does anyone have the copper QRv2? Impressions? Worth it? I noticed someone on another forum was selling theirs after not a very long trial, and didn't explain. Maybe they needed cash. I'd like to hear some constructive criticism: if it was your only light, would you get something else instead, and why? Thanks.
Overall, a good secondary light.
Personally, I like a clicky UI for my primary EDC.
Bought the light because I like copper.
Jason from Prometheus makes some fine products.
Hope this helps.

gunga

Flashaholic
I have a V2. I love the modes, L-M-H, the copper is cool, and I have the clip, outstanding, best clip I've used on an AAA light (Although dark sucks makes the same clip for peaks and Preons).

It does have PWM, so that is not ideal.
It's also rather slippery, could use more features on the head to help with the grip.

A good light, but the price is a bit steep (with the $30 clip).

night.hoodie

Enlightened
It does have PWM, so that is not ideal.

Ouch. I did not know that.

It's also rather slippery, could use more features on the head to help with the grip.

A good light, but the price is a bit steep (with the $30 clip).

Honesty appreciated! I think the QR mechanism itself is really a great original design idea. I wonder if dark sucks could be persuaded to sell pill-less, minus that overhead. When I get there, I suppose I will ask. Can't hurt.

Speedfreakz

Newly Enlightened
I just got my brass and the quick release is much improved. It takes a pull with bit of a twist to get it to come apart. A coiled spring is set in the light that compresses into a slot on quick release. A really good bit of engineering imo. It is also shortened the light by about a 1/4" overall. The light has the same 3 modes as my copper. My only complaint is, much like the copper, I think it needs a bigger "indent" or knurling to make it a bit easier to turn on one handed.

I tried to attach a picture but my tapatalk app wants an update before it will allow an upload and I refuse to buy the app again.

Last edited:

night.hoodie

Enlightened
Brass? There is a brass one? Or do you mean copper?
WuQCEACt.jpg

Speedfreakz

Newly Enlightened
No there is a brass one. Sold thru kick starter with the scout hook. I didn't buy the hook just the light. The hook looked nice enough but I prefer carabiners