Favorite V54 Light

chops728

Flashlight Enthusiast
All noted my friend .......all noted..........i plan my mid life crisis(rach will tell you i have been having one since i was 21 :laughing: ) before then, 2 seater sports car and mustache !!!! ok kidding:p

Aww--You know the next two seater sports car you buy will be for your daughter-----LOL

chops728

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got three girls! They are awesome. My older two, 9 and 7, love flashlights and love it when I pull out my nice ones. Right now the SL2 is the best I've got and it's been fun! My littlest, 2 years old (and adopted, what an amazing priveledge to rescue a little person!) likes the lights too, but we haven't got her past a little princess light yet ;)

+1 on adopting-- That's such a wonderful thing to do

MaxBeam

Enlightened
I feel for you--the fun is just starting at 9--wait till the teens set in----my girl is 27--you know the way they say Daaaaaddd when they need you or something ($$$) that never changes--she'll call and that Daaaaaddd sounds just like when she was 5

The "terrible teens" and the "Daaaaaddd" sound - I remember them both well. I'd never wish the terrible teens on anybody. My daughter was 13 going on 21. :shakehead
She finally quit making the Daaaaaddd sound when she got married at age 26. I think when she wants something now she says: "Huuuubby"
:)

Last edited:

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bump to update. :)

For me, this contest (Favorite V54 Light) is not a winner take all contest.

Niwalker MM15MBvn cw, Meteor M43vn XP-L pdtc and Thrunite TN36UTvn cw have each won one-third of my delegates.

M43vn: Because of reasons that I already posted in this thread. TN36UTvn: Because it is the most luminescent pop can light. MM15MBvn: Because it has the most balanced aspect ratio: Not one iota too stubby, and not one iota too long.

A.marquardt

Enlightened
K60vn: It has the best combination of 5000 lumen, great throw, large and bright spill, and the hotspot is huge. Oh, and it handles heat extremely well, which is really rare with Vihn's turbocharged lights.

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since I couldn't make up my mind on which of my 11 V54 lights are my favorite, I decided to list my least favorite ones.
So here's my list......
OK, that's all I could think of. 😉

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
So far I only have tn36utvn. I am looking to add throw light. Do you guys think nitecore tm16gtvn is good?

ven

Flashaholic
K60vn: It has the best combination of 5000 lumen, great throw, large and bright spill, and the hotspot is huge. Oh, and it handles heat extremely well, which is really rare with Vihn's turbocharged lights.

+1 have to agree with everything said Adam, awesome all round light..............

Tejasandre

Flashlight Enthusiast
K40m vn. Great for wandering the yard. Plenty of power & easily powered down so as to not scare the neighbors.

lampeDépêche

Flashlight Enthusiast
Adam, Ven--which version of the K60 do you prefer? Domed with more flood, or dedomed with more throw?

ven

Flashaholic
Shaved dome(de-dome) , tbh not seen the standard but the DD version is around 230kcd and as near perfect beam i have seen! It maybe lowers the K by 500 or so, kind of a cool side of neutral............

Still lots of spill, perfect type spill(no artifacts etc like multi reflector lights) so i cant see there being too much difference in spill.............

Last edited:

A.marquardt

Enlightened
Adam, Ven--which version of the K60 do you prefer? Domed with more flood, or dedomed with more throw?

Dedome for sure. The OP reflector allows for great spill even with the dedome, as you can see from Ven's pics. It just has a perfect beam, period.

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
You all will think I'm crazy but my SK68vn blows my mind more than any other light. I think that light shows Vinhs talent more than any other. He turned a 2 dollar light with a random tint into a very useful and impressive light. I gift a lot of sipiks and clones and everyone that has seen the VN version is absolutely flabbergasted. It's a great work light as well.

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
You all will think I'm crazy but my SK68vn blows my mind more than any other light. I think that light shows Vinhs talent more than any other. He turned a 2 dollar light with a random tint into a very useful and impressive light. I gift a lot of sipiks and clones and everyone that has seen the VN version is absolutely flabbergasted. It's a great work light as well.

Yah I sold my 98 & miss it.
Super useful light for sure.
I'll probably scoop another at some point - super value.
I do feel like the threads could wear out eventually on the tail cap. Gotta keep em extra greased.

Bigwilly

Flashlight Enthusiast
I still vote for the TK75Qvn. Best all around performer. Good build quality and UI. And it throws and floods better than most dedicated lights.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast

Acebeam EC50 Vn cw has stolen one-quarter of my three other Vn lights' delegates.

The other three lights, for reasons that I already posted in this thread.

The EC50 Vn: Because it has become my most used light. More powerful than a single 18650 light that is very useful but not exciting to me, and smaller, therefor more hip-totable but not as powerful as the bigger, more exciting Vn lights in my nascent collection. Anything with more power than the EC50 Vn is in a larger size class, and anything smaller is in a lower power class.

I think the EC50 Vn is the perfect all-arounder, for now.

SG Hall

Flashlight Enthusiast

Acebeam EC50 Vn cw has stolen one-quarter of my three other Vn lights' delegates.

The other three lights, for reasons that I already posted in this thread.

The EC50 Vn: Because it has become my most used light. More powerful than a single 18650 light that is very useful but not exciting to me, and smaller, therefor more hip-totable but not as powerful as the bigger, more exciting Vn lights in my nascent collection. Anything with more power than the EC50 Vn is in a larger size class, and anything smaller is in a lower power class.

I think the EC50 Vn is the perfect all-arounder, for now.

Pleased to hear that, I just ordered one hoping it would be the small/med flooder with the big output that I was hoping for.

I have so many single cell (18650, 18350, 16340) and multicell large throwers now that the 1x 26650 seems a perfect fit.