*NEW DATE* Northeast Pennsylvania Get-Together. NY, NJ, CT...

nein166

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Northeast Pennsylvania Get-Together. NY, NJ, CT...

This is great of you scout24 to get the gang back together
I will definitely show up

scout24

Flashaholic
1000 view, one month to go bump. I've sent some PM's, we seem to have a decent group interested. I reached out to some of the FCW crowd, as well as the PF crowd. Even got some raffle prizes via Fedex yesterday... :) Lets keep this thread at the top of the page!

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dude... thank you sooo much for sending a PM. I'm there!!!

This is too cool. There's a lot of sentimental value in that area for me, and was looking for an excuse to get back there, and also stop at Yatsonky Farm.

scout24

Flashaholic
I got a parcel in the mail yesterday from a well known member here with several very nice raffle prizes for the 22nd... No fair guessing who or what. :)

scout24

Flashaholic
Good news! I had signed up for a passaround of some of PK's most recent lights and tactical pens, organized by Bykfixer. He has kindly offered to have me be first stop for passaround package #2, so they will be here on the 22nd for us to check out and put through their paces before sending them on for others to try out. Thanks to PK and Mr. Fixer! :twothumbs

scout24

Flashaholic
Three weeks from tomorrow! Hoping for decent weather, and a good turnout. If you're on the interestsd list, I'll be sending my address via PM next weekend.

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
For me, weather is a non-issue. I've been to Milky's in heavy rain, on bald rear tires in a sports car. Was also literally on your street, in the same car, during that insane rainstorm of 2011 (late July/early August).

I will not be stopped from attending your gathering by anything short of flood waters reaching the upper deck of the GWB... lol.

scout24

Flashaholic
Lol, I think the GWB is safe. So, who's bringing what cool toys and lights? Who's got requests for what they want to see???

scout24

Flashaholic
Okay, some news. Both deserve their own posts, so they will be back to back. The Fedex package I signed for was from Paul Kim- PK. The Photon King. That Paul Kim. I'm willing to bet everyone reading this is familiar with his work. Head design honcho at Surefire during their heyday, responsible for a bunch of their most iconic lights. Multiple patent holder. Visionary. Very nice generous guy to boot. He was kind enough to send me a new PR-1 Pocket Rocket, several of his new AAA PL-2 lights as raffle gifts. There are a couple of his new stickers in the box, too, and one of the coolest business cards I've ever seen. Just something else to look forward to on the 22nd! :twothumbs

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
Okay, some news. Both deserve their own posts, so they will be back to back. The Fedex package I signed for was from Paul Kim- PK. The Photon King. That Paul Kim. I'm willing to bet everyone reading this is familiar with his work. Head design honcho at Surefire during their heyday, responsible for a bunch of their most iconic lights. Multiple patent holder. Visionary. Very nice generous guy to boot. He was kind enough to send me a new PR-1 Pocket Rocket, several of his new AAA PL-2 lights as raffle gifts. There are a couple of his new stickers in the box, too, and one of the coolest business cards I've ever seen. Just something else to look forward to on the 22nd! :twothumbs

Sounds great! Thanks for setting that up! I'm looking forward to seeing everyone there, :) --Tim

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is super cool, and I second the thanks to you and PK for setting that up!

As has also been mentioned by others, looking forward to seeing some old faces... and meeting new ones.

Anyone care to guess what the other treat is for everyone coming?
Depends if you got Oprah in on this as well. Random acts of blindness?... lol.