*NEW DATE* Northeast Pennsylvania Get-Together. NY, NJ, CT...

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm on my way, but left later than I thought and it looks like it's going to take me longer to get there than I thought. I should be there about 5:15–5:30. See you guys then.

nein166

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for hosting scout24 I had a great time nice to see all you guys. And Heidi
Tim I already lost the COB magnetic work light from Dorcy... Jessica snatched it up with glee

Roger Sully

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got in after a looong day. Thanks Scout24 for having us over! It was good to see everyone for sure. Snagged a couple of cool lights from Dorcy and a nice Armytek headlight from @nein166. Couldn't make that deal with COpperfox for that Astrolux but I'll probably place an order in the morning. I've been contemplating one for a while but now that I've gone hands on, I have no choice but to pull the trigger.

Thanks again Aginthelaw for doing the driving. Not sure I would have been able to pull it off!

scout24

Flashaholic
Thanks all for coming by! It was a fun time for sure. Senecaripple and Heidi- Thanks for the seaweed, peas and rice cake snacks! Nein166, the brownies were great and it was good to see a few other Milky Candles out in the wild. Lighthouse One- thanks for driving for pizza, and showing off the printer drum lights you made. Kartracer- thanks for the PILE of cool Dorcy lights to check out, and for the ones we raffled. Those 3xAAA worklights are sweet, and I need one of the yellow 4C cell spotters for by the back door. Bimmerboy- thanks for bringing that amazing 623- bulbed hotwire Mag mod- first fire starter Mag I'd seen, killer output! Carrot- if I order an Olight S2 Baton, it's your fault. Copperfox- those were some sweet Pelican cases, I may need to spend some time playing with foam... It was cool to see the Astrolux and the Manker are the same light in person. RogerSully- I thought I had a few knives... :) Thanks for bringing the Lumensfactory M6 and M3 heads! You just stopped my search for an M6LT. The LF head is sweet! Aginthelaw- The small Eagtac thrower was killer for it's size! Copperfox had the same one in neutral I think. Olight X7's you guys brought are unbelievable too. I think Copperfox won though with the monster V54 light whose name escapes me- lighting up a WIDE swath of trees at 700 plus yards... An overload of cool lights and stuff for sure.

Last edited:

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks to scout24 & the wifey for having us over. Beautiful home with plenty of land for the lights to stretch their legs. Sorry RogerSully for talking so much...it's how I stayed awake for the 2 hour drive. I got to sell some lights and experience some Dorcy lights and hear news about some stuff they have in the works. They are stepping up their game and are having some surprising products coming out.

This get together is something that should happen as often as possible in every state we can make it happen. The forum is great, but it really comes alive when you can put a face to the screen name and experience the accumulated knowledge of all these minds in one place. Thanks guys

scout24

Flashaholic
I need a larger dining room table... :)

20161022_181846.jpg

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
First, thank you VERY much, Mr. and Mrs. Scout24 for having us! Your home is lovely (the smoking room may have been my favorite part... haha), the property is gorgeous, and I LOVED the dogs.

Also, MUCHO thanks go out to KartRacer, Dorcy, and PK! Your generosity is highly appreciated, and it added a very nice touch to an already fun event. As a result, there are now a couple Dorcy items I'd like to buy, and am now hooked on small PK lights. Definitely buying a Rocket, and a rainbow PL2.

My only disappointment was forgetting to take the memory card out of the computer to put in the camera, as I was planning on posting a bunch of pics including Senecaripple enjoying the anchovy pizza.

It was great seeing some old faces, and meeting new ones. Great bunch of people. I had an excellent time, and am looking forward to hanging with ya'll for the next 'whatever brings us together'!

senecaripple

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks to everybody for a great time. got home late last night, stuck in traffic. went to a pumpkin party at lackinlaxa or something like that. stayed at friends where he peromed for the community. no cell reception there.
so, thanks scout and the mrs for hosting the event. tim and dorcey for the flashlights and donations. great little light. really bright. sure helped in the darkness of finding my way with the GPS to rowlin, Pa.
and PK for the nice little light Heidi won.
the dog headlight will go to my niece. convert her too.
see you all maybe at camping!

scout24

Flashaholic
Bimmerboy- Thanks for swinging back by the mailbox Sunday morning! Much appreciated... I only took a couple pics, I'll see if one has the Deft-X on the table. Belonged to Aginthelaw, if I recall. Throws a die-shaped beam for DAYS... :eek: We have Mrs. Scout's blessing to continue these events, so we'll have to set another date once things are warm here again. I'll put out as much lead time as possible. Dave- It would be great to have you make it up this way. :thumbsup:

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
My pleasure, sir. Next time, instead of by phone I'll signal you the true Bimmerboy way with tire smoke. Just kidding, I'll use the phone... lol.

I totally missed seeing the Deft-X outside! Only on low inside.... spent too much time in the "coolest" room of the house. ;) Gotta' to see it full blast next time. By then, I hope to have finally built three powerhouse mods, the parts for which have been sitting around for years, that should compliment the singing 623... whose name I probably forgot to mention is Beelzebulb. :devil:

Speaking of next time... MANY thanks to Mrs. Scout (who was a delight to chat with) for giving the thumbs up. Assuming the roads are dry, there will be a 130 mile long trail of burnt rubber in my haste to get up there!

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi everyone, sorry for my delay in getting to post on what a fantastic time I had. First off I want to thank Scout24 and his wife for hosting! Special thanks to Dorcy, PK and Roger Sully for providing lights for everyone to check out and for our raffle and give away! I know everyone got to go home with the new COB Dorcy version of the Larry Light, and I believe everyone won something in the raffle as well! It was great seeing everyone - special thanks to those who brought/bought food and drinks. And the lights!! Wow - it was great to see so many great lights - thank you all for bring them and letting all of us check them out. I'm already looking forward to the next get together, I hope it is sooner rather than later. As for a FCW - Flashaholics Camping Weekend - Without fail, I will plan something for the spring, so if you are interested reach out to me, and stay tuned for updates. --Tim

carrot

Flashaholic
As usual DORCY really came through for us. I got this sweet block light that runs on 9v, which is surprisingly exactly what I've been looking for these past couple of weeks.

Scout, thanks so much for having us and opening your home to the crew.

Tim, you know I'm always down for a camping event. Let us know!