• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

PKDL Pass Around

Wendee

Enlightened
[...]
When this thing is done the products will be sold at half price with 100% of the $ going to help wounded vets. Details are forthcoming in that regard. But PK stated he wants to give back to those who help preserve our freedom.

100% of the money going to help wounded vets? What a nice thing for PK to do. That was so nice to read. :)

bykfixer

Flashaholic
100% of the money going to help wounded vets? What a nice thing for PK to do. That was so nice to read. :)

Wendee, for the previous 2 decades PK has been serving his country by providing Americas soldiers the best flashlights money could buy. Designed strictly for military applications during combat missions. Although not dressed in fatigues and wallowing in a muddy trench he was behind the scenes designing and testing and redesigning and retesting to ensure the flashlight did not fail under any situation. Back then it was with another company.
Now he is doing the same with a company he started a couple of years ago. You can see by the 'roster' of products above what he has done so far.

His products also incorarate a self defense aspect for the ordinary citizen as well. Look up 'Kubaton' sometime and you'll see why some of the shapes have been added.

An example I'll cite is from that little 1 triple A PL2. Your natural hand hold position reveals a small tip at the tail. Looks like a key chain ring holder to most. But...

Say a would be attacker sneaks up behind the user and grabs them... that tip can be poked to a place on his wrist that will inflict so much pain the attacker will let go, whince in pain a few seconds giving the user time to flee.

Last edited:

Wendee

Enlightened
Wow bykfixer, that's impressive!
His lights are beautiful. I love the multi-colored one, it's so pretty! It sounds like he makes quality lights (and pens). What a great guy for donating money from his CPF light sale to help wounded veterans. I'll check out some PK lights now, for sure. Actually, I'll go try to find them on the Internet right now. :)

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Wow bykfixer, that's impressive!
His lights are beautiful. I love the multi-colored one, it's so pretty! It sounds like he makes quality lights (and pens). What a great guy for donating money from his CPF light sale to help wounded veterans. I'll check out some PK lights now, for sure. Actually, I'll go try to find them on the Internet right now. :)

Yeah that rainbow one is beautiful. No two are the same either.

My wife scooped up a rainbow one I bought real quick-like then asked me to get one for her friend in Arizona.

Bulls Eye Worldwide at Amazon sells them here in the US.
They are out of all PL2's but silver.
I have it on good authority that there will be more there any day now. Hopefully they won't want a small fortune to ship it across the border.

There are links in a post by PK on page 2 of his PR-1 thread in the LED section. (Edit: now the official PKDL thread)

Yeah, PK has a heart as big as Pittsburg.

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Update:

Packages are stuck in customs somewhere on planet earth.
Noted that on post #2. Will update when I know more.
Looks like the 9/15 date to start won't happen on 9/15.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
9/13 update:

Passaround packages are getting shipped from wherever PK is on planet earth.
(Edit: removed part about package from PK not having FL2's)

Hopefully this time next week package #1 will go out to eraursls1984.

The ones stuck in customs are still stuck in customs.

Last edited:

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
Please count me in. I have a few tactical pens but have never seen PK's up close.PM with info sent. Thanks to PK for the"tools" and to bykfixer for hosting the pass around.

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you! I can use one to fight off nurse wratchet....
Once I am moved and have my woodshop back up, I am going to make a cane that has a PR1 inside the handle...keep this old man moving, and if I ever need to start a fire I can just leave it on...

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Thank you! I can use one to fight off nurse wratchet....
Once I am moved and have my woodshop back up, I am going to make a cane that has a PR1 inside the handle...keep this old man moving, and if I ever need to start a fire I can just leave it on...

Nurse wratchet is no match for a PK kubtotan pen. No way dude.

Did you know the first ever flashlights were canes?
It took so dang many batteries to light the carbon filament they began as canes. Some called them "table leg" lamps.
Fitting to have one of PK's flashlights of the future in your cane... just hope it doesn't cause it to 'ember' lol

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Another delay. Folks celebrating like it's 1999 where the package is at so no mail moving there this week. Dratz.

Evidently the entire nation comes to a screeching halt during "autumn week"...

billcoe

Newly Enlightened
Chinese autumn celebration ends Sept 16th, so things will be moving again.

bykfixer

Flashaholic

Package is here.

Give me a couple of days and it'll go out... figure Monday the 25th for kit #1.

Will be editing the product roster to remove Powertac Warrior 1 and rainbow PL2's.

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I checked the box that said it complies. Then thought about it... this is afterall Uncle Sam's big brother...

So I read the act. It stated all items comply with all current rules and rules to come later!!! Whut?

So then I read what constitutes having to check the yes box. Well unless PK puts pestisides, explosives or tobacco in his coatings I could check the no box... so after rethinking my original decision I chose to check the 'nothing here to constitute checking the yes box' box...

Latest posts