• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

PKDL Pass Around

sgt253

Enlightened
The box o' PK landed yesterday afternoon! Between work and Family functions yesterday, wasn't able to play too much. Just getting to it now. Pretty excited. Full reviews and pics forthcoming. Best.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
sgt got in touch with me to state the PR-1 was malfunctioning. I got him one in the mail today. Scheduled to arrive to him Friday.

My thoughts are in this case the clock will stop yesterday (when it malfunctioned while comparing to the Knight) and resume when he receives the replacement.
I hope others next do not mind.

sgt253

Enlightened
Just an update, I received the light yesterday afternoon. Works as advertised. I look forward to putting it through its paces.

eraursls1984

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's are my thoughts on these products.

First, the pens. Both are to bulky for me to carry, but the one with the more dramatic design is surprisingly comfortable and fits your (my) finger tips perfectly. I found out my wife holds a pen weird and different from the majority of the population, she did not find it to fit so well like I did. I only played with these for a couple minutes when I first opened the package, so that's all my thoughts on these.

The lights. I'm not really into tactical lights much so I didn't spend much time on all of the lights. All of them were cool white, and I don't think anything else is available. That said, they were not the worst cool white I've seen.

-I put some Surefire cells in the 2 cell light, turned it on, and cycled the modes. IMO, it's comparable to similar tactical lights. It feels well built for a non-USA made light. If you're looking for a cheaper alternative to Elzetta and Surefire, this is a great choice if you like the design.

-The AAA light I did the same, put a battery in and cycled the modes. I'm not a fan of the design, but it's a solid light if you do.

-The single cell PK was smaller than I expected. The head was still to large for me to carry, but it was a very "cute" light with the styling of the larger tactical lights in a miniature package. I would own one, but I would only use it around the house and it would need a LED swap.

-lastly, the Foursevens Knight. This was my main reason for joining this pass around (and the single cell PK a secondary reason). I loved this light. Even though I'm not normally a fan of PK's designs, this one was amazing. I love the switch, very unique. I would love to own this light for the switch alone. This thing is very tiny for not having a streamlined design, and an innovative new switch. The Ti version is on my want list. I would need to swap the LED, and a different driver would suit my needs better (not a tactical UI fan) if it would work with the switch. A Ti 18650 version would be even higher on my list of must haves.

All in all, well built products for the price. If you like the designs and are okay with cool white, you'll love the lights.

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Thanks for your participation.

If you end up with a Paladin you'll love it. You may even learn to like the somewhat neutral beam in time.
I like the low setting for general use. The memory ensures it starts that way and every so often I opt for high with it. My wife says the low output is like candle light.... She uses it for lighting while taking her bubble baths.

eraursls1984

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for your participation.

If you end up with a Paladin you'll love it. You may even learn to like the somewhat neutral beam in time.
I appreciate the opportunity. Thank you and PK!

Are you talking about the beam pattern, or tint?

I love neutral tints 4000K-5000K. Warm can be nice too, but I hate cool white. When I first got into this I thought I hated more warm-neutral tints and stuck with cool white. After so many green/blue/purple lights I decided to give neutral a chance. I found I really like neutral and now even the best cool white tints are unpleasant to me. I hate how flat they make everything, and how everything seems to blend together. I like how things pop with neutral lights, it gives it depth that I find lacking in cool white.

eraursls1984

Flashlight Enthusiast
My wife says the low output is like candle light.... She uses it for lighting while taking her bubble baths.
I bet she'd love the actual candle light mode on HDS lights. I love it, I just wish there was 3 different brightness levels, one lower and the current one.

Weld Inspector

Enlightened
Weldinspector is in.

His posts have shown, although he's fairly new, he is a contributing member.

If anybody disgrees please pm me about it.

Thank you for allowing me to to join my first pass around very much looking forward to trying out the tactical pens and new lights.

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Welcome aboard weld.

Bdm82; expect a pm from scout soon.

The lineup for package 2 is going to be shuffled since crazyeddie is scheduled to get another bionic knee (to replace his broken bionic knee), at about the time box 2 would arrive at his house so...
Bdm... batter up!
Then in a couple of weeks we'll see how eddie is and go from there.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I was asked about the items when this is done.
Will participants get first shot at buying them at half price?
Yes.

If it ends up that 5 people would like to buy the pair of knights, my thoughts are a lottery type thing.

Yalls input in the matter is welcome. If anybody has other suggestions on how to handle something like that, do say so please.

Bdm82

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was asked about the items when this is done.
Will participants get first shot at buying them at half price?
Yes.

If it ends up that 5 people would like to buy the pair of knights, my thoughts are a lottery type thing.

Yalls input in the matter is welcome. If anybody has other suggestions on how to handle something like that, do say so please.
Whatever you guys want to do, i see no issue. All i could think of to mitigate that possibility would be to do a silent auction. Min bid is 50% of msrp. Losers get opportunity to purchase new lights at some % off. Maybe get a few more dollars for those warriors?

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm all in for helping Wounded Warriors, Chris Kyle's Frogman charity, anything to support our guys! Also, I have to say Bulls Eye Worldwide(Amazon seller for PKDL) is awesome! Once I am healed up I hope to share a modded PL2(I will explain their tie in soon) I have been dreaming of doing for a while(darn pain pills-it's amazing what you can invent in your mind's eye under the influence)....

bykfixer

Flashaholic
PK invented the crazyeddiethefirst hat clip for the PL2 so his 1 leg-ed wonders...

can tailstand... via bionic leg

Concept drawing

Based off a clip by some other company...

Last edited:

sgt253

Enlightened
Package #1 on its way to mk2rocco courtesy of the US Postal Service. Thank you PK for the design and creation and thank you bykfixer for the great opportunity to take part in the pass around. I look forward to future PK Designs... Review forthcoming.

Last edited:

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Been looking at this passaround for days, and can no longer resist the temptation. I'm in!

PM being written. Thanks for doing this, bykfixer!