• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

PKDL Pass Around

Weld Inspector

Enlightened
If crazy Eddie is next in line for box 2 can he please pm me with his shipping info this job I'm at is eating all my time up and I don't see much free time in my near future to give these lights much more attention unfortunately.

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
If crazy Eddie is next in line for box to can he please pm me with his shipping info this job I'm at is eating all my time up and I don't see much free time in my near future to give these lights much more attention unfortunately.

Pm sent

FYI Eddie is doing ok. He says his new knee is in and it's just a matter of time before he begins testing it out.

Last edited:

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
Greetings and Salutations to my CPF Family! Sorry to have been absent so long following the replacement of my worn out Titanium Knee. When the surgeon opened me up, he said he has never seen an artificial joint as badly damaged as mine on someone who was still able to walk. It took a long time to fix(they had to add an extra "6mm" of plastic to regain proper tension on my tendons & ligaments. It was a bit of rough sailing for a while, but I think I'm going to make it. Here's what it looks like:
http://i958.photobucket.com/albums/ae66/EdRandall/CCD82EAB-AC89-4EF4-ABF6-8131E4811736.jpg
http://i958.photobucket.com/albums/ae66/EdRandall/791F1AAB-3E70-4A97-8767-B6E720114879.jpg
I was surprised and very grateful to get a call from bykfixer today to see how I was doing and see if I was ready for the passaround. Having "presents" from PK is going to be the highlight of a rough time that has been my so-called life for the last couple of weeks. I will apologize in advance if my review is not up to my standards due to the influence of mass quantities of pain meds. I also have to say that Bullseye Worldwide is awesome. I managed to awkwardly hit the TI PL2 with my cane that caused it to strobe, then stop working on primary cells and then died altogether. PK replaced it without question very quickly. I tried to replicate the failure because I have never ever had a PK product fail like that- I used my cane as a bat another PL2 as the ball-even hitting it 20- 30 feet and landing on concrete, I could NOT get it to fail(I wondered if perhaps the earlier light was a prototype)? Anyway, I wrote to Bullseye Worldwide(PK's Amazon distributor), and asked if I could purchase just a new Ti PL2 head, so I could mod it by adding a Nichia 219B and have a TI PL2 body with two heads, a cool white and the Nichia. I was very clear I wanted to purchase it and that it was not a warranty issue-they sent a whole new PL2 at no charge! I'm going to make a Wounded Warrior donation as my way of saying "Thank you". Sorry for the long rambling post, my eggs are still a little scrambled....Love my CPF family!

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Greetings and Salutations to my CPF Family! Sorry to have been absent so long following the replacement of my worn out Titanium Knee. When the surgeon opened me up, he said he has never seen an artificial joint as badly damaged as mine on someone who was still able to walk. It took a long time to fix(they had to add an extra "6mm" of plastic to regain proper tension on my tendons & ligaments. It was a bit of rough sailing for a while, but I think I'm going to make it. Here's what it looks like:
http://i958.photobucket.com/albums/ae66/EdRandall/CCD82EAB-AC89-4EF4-ABF6-8131E4811736.jpg
http://i958.photobucket.com/albums/ae66/EdRandall/791F1AAB-3E70-4A97-8767-B6E720114879.jpg
I was surprised and very grateful to get a call from bykfixer today to see how I was doing and see if I was ready for the passaround. Having "presents" from PK is going to be the highlight of a rough time that has been my so-called life for the last couple of weeks. I will apologize in advance if my review is not up to my standards due to the influence of mass quantities of pain meds. I also have to say that Bullseye Worldwide is awesome. I managed to awkwardly hit the TI PL2 with my cane that caused it to strobe, then stop working on primary cells and then died altogether. PK replaced it without question very quickly. I tried to replicate the failure because I have never ever had a PK product fail like that- I used my cane as a bat another PL2 as the ball-even hitting it 20- 30 feet and landing on concrete, I could NOT get it to fail(I wondered if perhaps the earlier light was a prototype)? Anyway, I wrote to Bullseye Worldwide(PK's Amazon distributor), and asked if I could purchase just a new Ti PL2 head, so I could mod it by adding a Nichia 219B and have a TI PL2 body with two heads, a cool white and the Nichia. I was very clear I wanted to purchase it and that it was not a warranty issue-they sent a whole new PL2 at no charge! I'm going to make a Wounded Warrior donation as my way of saying "Thank you". Sorry for the long rambling post, my eggs are still a little scrambled....Love my CPF family!

Part was to check on ya. Part was to give you heads up a box of goodies is headed your way so you can have an alibie if the wifey forbids you from buying lights while taking Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds grade pain meds. lol

PK and I are working on a collaboration with the Chris Kyle Frog Foundation who treat those who are having a hard time fitting in after tramatic circumstances. It's not just soldiers struggling, but cops, firemen and those 'shadow warriors' who were over there working for contractors.
Over 5000 shadow warriors have been killed serving our troops meals, building stuff and things like that.
Chris Kyles wife Taya has picked up where Chris left off that awful day he was killed by a comrad he was trying to help get back to normal.

But yeah Bulls Eye is great folks. I had the pleasure of buying the last FL2 at their Amazon site and got a nice warm note saying thanks.

Best regards Eddie and fond wishes for not only a speedy recovery, but a better lifespan from your latest bionic body part.

irongate

Enlightened

So that is what I get to look forward too when I have to get a new one maybe next year-sounds like fun! And I hate drugs of any kind! Thanks for the great picture. Enjoy playing with the new lights.

Weld Inspector

Enlightened
A further in depth review from my time with the lights did not end up happening for me since I started work at a new place and the hrs are crazy (Fri worked 18 1/2 hrs) so I haven't had much energy left at the end of the day and the lights have been nestled safely in the box on the table.

My best friend had the same view on the pens, amazing machining, not really practical for everyday use.

My brother liked the pkpl2 and I think I mite like to gift him one.

Thank you very much for allowing me to participate in my first pass around I liked checking out the lights very much and I will get these sent to crazy Eddie as soon as I can.

Regards

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Irongate, when the fog of meds is passed, I will PM you with some info-in case I did not make it clear, part of the reason I wore out the first knee replacement so fast is that back in the day I had a head on collision with a drunk driver when I was on my motorcycle. The damage to my legs was massive. The surgeon who did the first knee replacement(who was an excellent surgeon, but made a tactical error is choosing the wrong type of prosthesis for me, since I no longer had a kneecap-this led to premature damage and the need for this surgery. The technology has advanced to where most knee replacement surgeries only require one night in the hospital and you are walking on it the next day. I can make some suggestions to help you get through it nearly drug free(but it is not as much fun)...

Hey Weld Inspector, Congrats on a job that can provide more hours than you need-thanks for all your comments on the lights & pens, I look forward to getting them...

Bykfixer, I am thrilled To hear about the "Shadow Warrior" aspect of Chris Kyle's Frog Foundation. Taya published her own book to let people know what happened in her life after Chis was murdered. I highly recommend it("American Wife"). Once I have my wood shop back up I would be very interested in contributing to the foundation. My apologies for drifting off topic-this is why I usually try to stay off the forums until I'm off the "happy pills". I actually went almost 3 weeks without ordering a new light(OK, I did order 5 new knives...)....looking forward to this pass-around, and thanks to all my friends here for the get well soon wishes....

Offgridled

Flashlight Enthusiast
Crazy I hope you heal fast my so cal neighbor. My son back in March had a lady cut in front of him on his Harley. Broke his femur and tore his knee cap. I've watched him as he has been healing . He is in his mid twenties so heeling fast and golfing again. I hope your healing process is going well. Prayers are with you:) enjoy your PK light therapy I've enjoyed reading your posts. I'll be in your neck of the woods in January.

Bdm82

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm just reposting an earlier pic so Eddies crazy knee stops being the thumbnail pic on the mobile app. No offense eddie, but a post op knee is not the right pic to be carrying the torch on this thread!

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Since it's nearing the close of 2016 I'm going to send out a PM to all the participants to give you folks first crack at the products.
If you'd like to send me a PM stating your wants that's cool too.

What doesn't get spoken for will go into a WTS thread.
They'll be like new PKDL products at half price. And all of the monies will go to the CKFF. The hope is to send them a sizeable donation by 12/31.

Thanks to all those who participated.
As part of the PKDP (PK Discovery Program), I feel confident there'll be more opportunties to try out the latest wares from those fertile minds at PKDL.

Happy Thanksgiving all.

Last edited:

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't post my thoughts and comments cause they are on my MacBook. I have to wait until CPF is fixed. I shipped package off to Bimmerboy at lunch. This was a fun pass. I really enjoyed it. Thanks Byk and Paul.

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Package received! Thanks, Str8stroke. :twothumbs

Getting right to work as I've just popped freshly charged AW IMR 16340's into the PR and the Knight, taken the clips off, took the Death Utensil(TM) off the Knight, and had both lights in the back yard just now for a comparison. I've already compared the passaround PL2 to mine (which I won at Scout24's excellent get-together) as well.

Forming thoughts and opinions already, and will be getting to the rest of the stuff soon.

Been two years since last joining a passaround (for the PK FL2). This is fun!

bykfixer

Flashaholic
PM sent out to the participants to enquire if they'd like some of the items to be sold when this is over.

Thanks to all who joined and participated.
Last but certainly not least, brighterthanthesun, we aint forgotten you. Box 2 was sent out nearly a month after box 1.

If DK Demand Lab is out there, please PM me about participating.

Last edited:

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Quick bump.

Been quite busy, but will have my review up by today or tomorrow.

Totally enjoyed being part of this passaround. Thanks, Bykfixer!

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Quick bump.

Been quite busy, but will have my review up by today or tomorrow.

Totally enjoyed being part of this passaround. Thanks, Bykfixer!

Got the box back lickety-split via Bimmer.

Guys, thank you for participating. All products arrived minty fresh. Applause for you guys gentley handling things. A couple of boxes were slightly damaged but hey, they were jigsaw puzzles to open. So whomever ends up with them will find them mucho easier to open. lol.

Sometimes after the new year I'll raffle off the PR-1's and Knights.

Looking forward to hearing those comments!!!

Last edited: