Surefire tactician

tech25

Flashlight Enthusiast
Agreed, I know surefire has big contracts but this is the first innovation they have done in a while, and can get some of the flasoholics or edc crowd interested.

tech25

Flashlight Enthusiast
Teak, there is a video on YouTube of Yeager showing the light outdoors at about 50 yards, it does a nice job. I would like to see this light compared to a triple, elzetta and a couple of others.

eh4

Flashlight Enthusiast
The name sounds Really Neat, I kinda don't want to read about it and be disappointed, plus it's going to be costly, I can tell from the "Surefire" part.

eh4

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is actually a new video about (September 18):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TVC-x86Yg4

pretty much a content-free video...

I'm not a SF basher.
My first serious edc light was a Surefire, and I paid a pretty penny for it too.
I'm not a basher, but I expect better than government contract prices for quality and performance.
I still have that light btw, and it's available to a good home for the price of a self addressed, postage paid envelope; not because I don't like it, but because I won't ever use it again and I don't just throw old tools away.

Last edited:

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
The name sounds Really Neat, I kinda don't want to read about it and be disappointed, plus it's going to be costly, I can tell from the "Surefire" part.

Ah, the fly in the ointment. She's listed for $150 on Yeager's website, but who knows what will happen when this thing hits the market. A higher price point could well put me off.

arKmm

Enlightened
This seems like something that would be perfect for an executive close protection role, or EDC alongside a sidearm. Other than that, I'd say it's usage may be limited. However, for those purposes it seems perfect

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
pretty much a content-free video...

I'm not a SF basher.
My first serious edc light was a Surefire, and I paid a pretty penny for it too.
I'm not a basher, but I expect better than government contract prices for quality and performance.
I still have that light btw, and it's available to a good home for the price of a self addressed, postage paid envelope; not because I don't like it, but because I won't ever use it again and I don't just throw old tools away.

Yes please!

eh4

Flashlight Enthusiast
leon2245 has dibs unless he declines.
leon2245 check messages.

RobertMM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Love the form factor but not a fan of the Maxvision beam for lights other than keyring models. A reflector similar to the Malkoff M61would allow it to essentially get maybe the same reach for less output, say, 500 lumens while maintaining a flatter output curve and would make the 7 lumen low more useful.Bezel up/down reversible clip would be great.

RobertMM

Flashlight Enthusiast
In a perfect world, there would be no war, violence, or death. Also, every flashlight would be made by Gene Malkoff. :thinking:

LOL
That reflector is just so satisfyingly good to use.

Just watched the comparison video and looks like the Tactician is real handy in terms of size.

flashlight nut

Enlightened
THIS!!!
The body is the longer L1 version. I took out the driver and Barry from Precision Works bored the shelf out so it holds 2 x cr123. I still kept the 16mm width for ruggedness. The head is a Malkoff E2ST with crenelated bezel. With the 2 stage momentary tail cap, long 2-way clip and rubber oring it is the best damn combat light I have ever owned.
V50ODR5.jpg

Last edited:

teak

Flashlight Enthusiast
THIS!!!
The body is the longer L1 version. I took out the driver and Barry from Precision Works bored the shelf out so it holds 2 x cr123. I still kept the 16mm width for ruggedness. The head is a Malkoff E2ST with crenelated bezel. With the 2 stage momentary tail cap, long 2-way clip and rubber oring it is the best damn combat light I have ever owned.
V50ODR5.jpg
Nice! I have done this a few times with l1s. How is the low with that Head? Are you using a 16650 or primaries? Since you said holds cx123 I assume primaries but wanted to verify. Lol

flashlight nut

Enlightened
Definitely primaries. Long shelf life, slow taper and I don't have to worry about the protective circuit killing the battery with hard impacts. If I had to guess it would be about 200 lumens on low.
This is a picture of a L1 body that was bored out to 18mm after I dropped it. The tail cap with the treads inside completely detached from the body.
3E9rHyV.jpg

Last edited:

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
Definitely primaries. Long shelf life, slow taper and I don't have to worry about the protective circuit killing the battery with hard impacts. If I had to guess it would be about 200 lumens on low.
This is a picture of a L1 body that was bored out to 18mm after I dropped it. The tail cap with the treads inside completely detached from the body.
3E9rHyV.jpg

Sorry, that sounds evil, but I'd call it: "How to 'improve' a flashlight by destroying its main selling point" :)

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
While I'm not a fan of, and don't own any, of the newest generation of Surefires (well besides the E2D LED Ultras I used to own), this one has gotten my attention.

I also consider this to be catered directly to LEO/weapon use scenarios, and in this role it may be a good choice. I may watch the videos sometime to see just how effective the beam may be in real life use.

Hudson456

Newly Enlightened
THIS!!!

Does the 10 ohms resistor with that large current coming from the E2ST have any heat / longevity issues? Being designed for under 1000 mA originally I have hesitated to use that tail-cap with my E2ST which pulls 2.1 amps.

flashlight nut

Enlightened
I haven't had any issues at all.

Does the 10 ohms resistor with that large current coming from the E2ST have any heat / longevity issues? Being designed for under 1000 mA originally I have hesitated to use that tail-cap with my E2ST which pulls 2.1 amps.