Surefire tactician

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
Book em Dano. Thanks for the tip.

I was wondering about the max vision thing, pondering a self blinder in any discernable amount of smoke or high humidity in outdoor use, or lighting me up when used indoors.

I wonder if at least there's a gap between the light and the beam from the standpoint of the other end of the beam. Some lights have a separation of what is seen from the downstream end that does not allow the torsoe of the user to be lit.
IMG_20170924_095859.jpg

I purposely tried to mask the light so as to not cast aspersions on the company who made it.

I guess I see an Elzetta Bones with a flood lens down under. On the contrary I use my B343 most often. So in my personal experience a flood beam is most comfortable. Just a moment ago tried to light myself with that beam and I failed :) In normal condition my elbow is parallel to body and my arm is looking forward. Taking into account that the beam does not go backwards I always stay in the shadow area.

ven

Flashaholic
As i dont use cr123 cells, will this work with 16650's instead................4.35v. If so, it may push me over the edge:D

teak

Flashlight Enthusiast
As soon as i get the chance I'm grabbing one as Well! Hope it doesn't suck! Lol!

kj2

Flashaholic
Was thinking about to pre-order at first. But I rather wait for some feedback (and reviews) from users. Plus, the international shipping is quite high. Hope it will also pop up on eBay.

teak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well I preordered. We'll see what I think. Still wish it was a 2 stage tailcap.

Hudson456

Newly Enlightened
As i dont use cr123 cells, will this work with 16650's instead................4.35v. If so, it may push me over the edge:D

I don't think anyone knows the answer to this question, but given SF's history, probably NOT. None of the newest E series lights work properly with 16650 batteries. And for all we know the battery tube might be too tight.

You and I are in the same boat, if it does work with 16650 I'm in. Until I know that I'm holding onto my money.

ven

Flashaholic
Thanks Hudson, guess i will have to wait. I am hoping so, a little loss in lumens(if i get 5-600 instead of 700 i honestly dont care) due to a lower voltage 4v V 6v. My concern would be low voltage with the light........

Fingers crossed! I have quite a few 16650's in use and they work great, even work lights use them(6p/g2).

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
E series.

Someone explain to me again, why this won't work with a click e-tailcap?! Tighten head for high, loosen for low, click for on & off. Hurry before this turns into a $229 light!

mk2rocco

Flashlight Enthusiast
My plan is to use a LX2 clip with a Z61 tailcap (black clicky). I'm hoping it's a good EDC in this configuration.

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
E series.

Someone explain to me again, why this won't work with a click e-tailcap?! Tighten head for high, loosen for low, click for on & off. Hurry before this turns into a $229 light!

I guess the thread diameter might be the issue. Or it's stepping... It is said in the video: "They do not match" and not a word of explanation.

1pt21

Enlightened
This is a picture of a L1 body that was bored out to 18mm after I dropped it. The tail cap with the treads inside completely detached from the body.
3E9rHyV.jpg

Holy hell!!! I've constantly READ about the 'possibility' of this happening when boring an e-series to fit 18mm cell, but this is certainly the first time I've SEEN it.

I will now remove any thoughts that were in my head to have some of my e-series bored out. Hell, battery technology is so quickly advancing to the point that you really don't lose too much in going 16650 opposed to 18650. And you certainly won't lose an entire SF out of it!

teak

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's the same body as the e2d or atleast I assume. Don't think surefire would design a new body when they have bodies already. Id say a z61 etc will work. If you so desire. Personally I don't like clickys so this being a twisty is main reason I wanted it. That and it's an e Series. We'll see soon.

Hudson456

Newly Enlightened
What would be really cool is if this head works with an LX2 body and switch.

This set up would give 4 distinct modes, probably 700 lumens / 250 lumens with head tightened and with the loose head 7 lumens / 2 lumens.

Ohhhhh baby..

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
What would be really cool is if this head works with an LX2 body and switch.

This set up would give 4 distinct modes, probably 700 lumens / 250 lumens with head tightened and with the loose head 7 lumens / 2 lumens.
I do not think this will work. :(

The intellicence of the LX2 is in the head. The tailcap only has a resistor that will be switched if the button is only half pressed. The head detects if the circuit is connected direcly or over this resistor. If the resistor is detected the LED will be powered for low. It is the same technique in the A2L, AZ2, EB1 / EB2 Tactical, UB3T, ... from my knowledge in all Surefire two state twisty lights.

But at all the E2T-MV looks very interesting. The UI is very simple and I love simple UIs. At all the light seems to be very small.

Hudson456

Newly Enlightened
I do not think this will work. :(

The intellicence of the LX2 is in the head. The tailcap only has a resistor that will be switched if the button is only half pressed. The head detects if the circuit is connected direcly or over this resistor. If the resistor is detected the LED will be powered for low. It is the same technique in the A2L, AZ2, EB1 / EB2 Tactical, UB3T, ... from my knowledge in all Surefire two state twisty lights.

But at all the E2T-MV looks very interesting. The UI is very simple and I love simple UIs. At all the light seems to be very small.

The resistor itself even though it's only 10 ohms will drop the output considerably. From what I've read in various threads, using a 750 lumen Malkoff E2S (similar in output to the Tactician) the output with the LX2 resistor in line will be about 250. My guess of 7 lumens turning into 2 is just keeping that same ratio.

I have an LX2 with a Malkoff M61 in a VME head attached. The "low" mode is about half of the 320 high mode. Don't have a light sphere, just a guess.

If the LX2 body fits the new Tactician head, I don't see why the LX2 resistor wouldn't drop the output as seen with the E2S. We shall see......

jave-mtr

Newly Enlightened
It's the same body as the e2d or atleast I assume. Don't think surefire would design a new body when they have bodies already. Id say a z61 etc will work. If you so desire. Personally I don't like clickys so this being a twisty is main reason I wanted it. That and it's an e Series. We'll see soon.

In the newest video on this light, James Yeager shows that a regular shrouded clicky tailcap from a Scout light works on the Tactician body. So just like you assumed, it seems to be a regular E series body.
Video here: https://youtu.be/byYVcSEzPpY?t=7m8s

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
he also said that the light will not work with recargables. No what rechargables remains to be seen...:sssh: