The Official Malkoff Junkie thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

latestarter

Newly Enlightened
I know Maglites are not very popular around these parts, but my Malkoff drop in for my 2c arrived today to join my other two Malkoff lights. I just took the dog for a walk on the aqueduct near my house and I have to say the throw and spill were quite impressive. I also have a coated glass lens and an aluminum reflector on the way.

Glad you like it mate,my 2c mag with Genes dropin is one of my favourite lights.

Blues

Enlightened
Looks like Skyler will be accompanied by a Hound Dog on her walk tonight...

Updated Delivery Day: Saturday, October 29, 2016

Postal Product:
Priority Mail™
October 29, 2016 , 8:02 am
Sorting Complete

skyler3_Edited.jpg

"My name is Skyler and I endorse 'Malkwoof' Devices"

Last edited:

Blues

Enlightened
The Hound Dog just arrived and replaced the Wildcat V6 head on the MD4. Can't wait for dark... (cue evil laughter...)

I think this will complete my Malkoff Devices family for a while...

JacquesDP

Newly Enlightened
The Hound Dog just arrived and replaced the Wildcat V6 head on the MD4. Can't wait for dark... (cue evil laughter...)

I think this will complete my Malkoff Devices family for a while...
Awesome! Let us know how you like it. I enjoyed my HD this evening as well.

Dario

Newly Enlightened
I had similar requirements (1000 sustained lumens, not too bulky (slim profile), runs on 18650, etc.) to yours awhile back but quickly realised that all of those were not possible, at least not yet.
Armytek has some XHP35 lights that are single 18650, small, and sped'd at ~2K lm (1500 OTF). No idea about heat, step-down, run times, tint, or anything else. Guessing we'll see some similar ones coming out in the next few months.

I originally went with the MD2 M361 with high/low switch but it didn't work out as the light did not throw far enough for my intended use. Gene and Cathy were very kind and allowed me to pay the difference to exchange the M361 head for the M61Hot with high/low switch.

That was the perfect setup. Tighten the head for HIGH (sustained 500+ lumens) and loosen the head about a quarter turn for LOW. 500 lumens and 1000 lumens when compared side by side is just a hair less bright only and the throw is magnificent for its size. I got the clip as well for easier pocket carry when it is not in the holster.
It came back in stock. I have one on the way.

Secondly, if she is a white-wall hunter the squarish-circular beam profile might bug you a little but in real word usage it is not noticeable.
This is purely an on-the-job light - it's all about form and real-world function, not specs. It either works well and better than what she has or it doesn't. Of course personal preference on the look and feel is a big factor.

Most of the stuff we seem to want in our lights is irrelevant to first responders. They need simple, reliable tools in an urgent situation. It has to be predictable, reliable, and take some abuse.

Last edited:

tech25

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know Maglites are not very popular around these parts, but my Malkoff drop in for my 2c arrived today to join my other two Malkoff lights. I just took the dog for a walk on the aqueduct near my house and I have to say the throw and spill were quite impressive. I also have a coated glass lens and an aluminum reflector on the way.

I have a malkoff droppin for my 3D mag, while it is too unwieldy for regular use (huge change from when I used to carry a minimag- and have the 3D for night time use!) I use it for giggles- the throw is fantastic with a huge hotspot- and for times when extended use is a must. I think this is rated for over 7 hours at 261+ lumens, this is the Xpg led.

Blues

Enlightened
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.