WHAT BREED AND HOW MANY DOGS[POOCHES!!]?

Capolini

Banned
Capo when he was about 6 or 7 weeks at the breeders house!

Capo_zpsb652fbf0.jpg

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast
Two dogs - photos are now ~4+ years old. The black one (Kaos - from Get Smart) is a German Shepard Chow mix and is as gentle as you can get. He is absolutely terrified of very small dogs. Right now he has cancer, has lost 15 lbs and now eats chicken (Rotisserie chicken from Costco) and Basmati rice. The white one (Biddles) is a "apparently" a Great Pyrnees blend - at ~65 lbs he's not that big - he loves everyone and everyone loves him. He has arthritis.

Both were pound puppies - the white one was ~6 weeks old when dropped off at the pound - he's quite "needy" and the black one still mothers him.

LS3K8677-M.jpg

IMG_4308-M.jpg

Kaos is pretty hard to get a good photo of being all black (ALOT more grey now).

IMG_4879-M.jpg

Biddles (named after Charlie Biddles - Montreal) on the other hand is about as photogenic as you can get.

IMG_4954-M.jpg

Our first dog was a Border Collie - we had him before kids, had the time to train him (actually us) and he was SMART.

We always had a "dog friend" for our dog - so when we got the black on in late 2001 we thought - why don't we get him a buddy. Would never do it differently again. We occasionally had a Golden over for extended stays and that started filling up the house pretty fast.

Unfortunately we now have two son in laws that have pretty bad allergies to dogs - so the next ones will probably end up being a designer dog (hoping for non-shedding / "non-allergenic") - newfie poo, goolden doodle, border doodle, etc..... (still targeting rescue / pound dogs).

Last edited:

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
ynu8ysut.jpg

Black Russian terrier, and black lab mix named Doobie!

zy2uhy5y.jpg

He's been my best bud for 8 years. He's now my son's pony :p

Last edited:

Capolini

Banned
Great pics.!! Your son is cute! He is also powerful,looks like he lifts weights!!!,,,,,,,,,,probably your torches as dumb bells!! lol!

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
Haha he's 2 now and double that size. He weighs as much as his cousins double his age. Just a solid little guy. :)

Powerful is not the word! He's already pulling himself up on his highchair with just his arms!
Training starts soon. I will pass down 21 years if various martial arts training to him. I'm certified to rank him, so he'll be a black belt by 9 if he has the mind set for it. I can't wait.

Awww. My little assassin! Lol

Capolini

Banned
Haha he's 2 now and double that size. He weighs as much as his cousins double his age. Just a solid little guy. :)

Powerful is not the word! He's already pulling himself up on his highchair with just his arms!
Training starts soon. I will pass down 21 years if various martial arts training to him. I'm certified to rank him, so he'll be a black belt by 9 if he has the mind set for it. I can't wait.

Awww. My little assassin! Lol

Turn him into Bruce Lee!,,"Jeet Kune Do"-"The intercepting Fist"!

:) :) :)

Unicorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Two. Maggie is an American Staffordshire Terrier (close, close cousin to the American Pit Bull Terrier, so close some say there is no difference because it was a shell game with the AKC and the other US kennel club) with some dachsund.
Duke we thought was also a pitbull, but is actually Rhodesian ridgeback, York shire terrier, old English sheepdog, and boxer.

Capolini

Banned
Nfetterly:

Two dogs - photos are now ~4+ years old. The black one (Kaos - from Get Smart) is a German Shepard Chow mix and is as gentle as you can get. He is absolutely terrified of very small dogs. Right now he has cancer, has lost 15 lbs and now eats chicken (Rotisserie chicken from Costco) and Basmati rice. The white one (Biddles) is a "apparently" a Great Pyrnees blend - at ~65 lbs he's not that big - he loves everyone and everyone loves him. He has arthritis.

Beautiful dogs!! It is nice that you take great care of them and the time for special meals! :)

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
ase9ahy9.jpg

Kenjitsu has begun.
Chin mu kwan Tae kwon do
Jiu-jitsu
And the Master system next! Haha.
Never study jeet kun do. More of a theory than a full art.

Last edited:

Capolini

Banned
ase9ahy9.jpg

Kenjitsu has begun.
Chin mu kwan Tae kwon do
Jiu-jitsu
And the Master system next! Haha.
Never study jeet kun do. More of a theory than a full art.
Well,if it is a theory[Jeet kune Do] then Bruce Lee mastered it! From what I remember it is a combination of ALL Arts,he took bits and pieces of everything,boxing, Gung Fu, Judo, ect.

CUL8R

Enlightened
Just wanted to mention several sites/links that you all may already know that have dog related themes or info.

First is the CPF sister/daughter site of CPF EDC Adventuring and Qwesting: http://www.cpfedcaq.com/vb/forum.php It isn't as active as CPF, but has interesting info. If you want to post, your CPF registration isn't good - you'll need to register there also.

And for AZPops (and any other wrangler owner and dog lover) here is the pet lover picture thread on the Jeep Wrangler forum. It's very active! http://www.wranglerforum.com/f115/who-has-pets-lets-see-em-22899.html

Mods, don't think I'm breaking any rules here. If I did, I apologize. Just trying to pass on pet/light related links related to this thread.

hvyhawler

Newly Enlightened
I have two, a chow and a golden mutt ( golden, Shepard and your guess is s good a mine).

Kestrel

Flashaholic
Porter - German Shorthaired Pointer
(He's the one on the right, lol)

IMG_6428.jpg

IMG_7633.jpg

IMG_7408.jpg

To provide better context, the Deschutes River canyon; chukar country:

IMG_7403.jpg

A happy dog, he's in his element. :)

Last edited:

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last night was very cool, and I opened the door to let Doobie in for the night. He looked at me like I had three heads. The old "your kidding right?" look.